Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
17
61%
Mitt Romney
11
39%
 
Total votes : 28
**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks Kazo, that was simple enough for a brutha. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks Kazo, that was simple enough for a brutha. :lol:

Now, for my Obama supporters.. what say you on my taxes (as in middle class)?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Rich hire more when taxes are lower because we get a better return on our investment.

So, you think you are rich? :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:The thing with high taxes to accept the left's contention is you have to believe that taking money away from the people who provide jobs will not harm employment. And you have to believe people worried about their jobs will spend. There is no economic theory or historical data to support that, yet liberal lawyers endlessly assert it as fact anyway. The reason is their own employment is dependent on people believing their crap.

Yeah, you always make this straw man argument about the left being for higher taxes, when it's who the tax cuts/hikes are aimed at that is really the issue. You need a strong middle class to make the economy work, and trickle down economics has proved a failure every time.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Rich hire more when taxes are lower because we get a better return on our investment.

So, you think you are rich? :roll:


Obama calls me one of "the wealthiest among us." Are you calling Obama a liar?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Rich hire more when taxes are lower because we get a better return on our investment.

So, you think you are rich? :roll:


Obama calls me "the wealthiest among us." Are you calling Obama a liar?

Absolutely!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:The thing with high taxes to accept the left's contention is you have to believe that taking money away from the people who provide jobs will not harm employment. And you have to believe people worried about their jobs will spend. There is no economic theory or historical data to support that, yet liberal lawyers endlessly assert it as fact anyway. The reason is their own employment is dependent on people believing their crap.

Yeah, you always make this straw man argument about the left being for higher taxes, when it's who the tax cuts/hikes are aimed at that is really the issue. You need a strong middle class to make the economy work, and trickle down economics has proved a failure every time.


Libertarians believe what they see, liberals see what they believe.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:The thing with high taxes to accept the left's contention is you have to believe that taking money away from the people who provide jobs will not harm employment. And you have to believe people worried about their jobs will spend. There is no economic theory or historical data to support that, yet liberal lawyers endlessly assert it as fact anyway. The reason is their own employment is dependent on people believing their crap.

Yeah, you always make this straw man argument about the left being for higher taxes, when it's who the tax cuts/hikes are aimed at that is really the issue. You need a strong middle class to make the economy work, and trickle down economics has proved a failure every time.


Libertarians believe what they see, liberals see what they believe.

So, now you're a liberal?

Good argument.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4590
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:303 or 332 for Obama depending on Florida. I'll say he takes that too for 332 - 206 with a 51-48 edge in popular vote.


You're about to re-live the night John Francoise Kerry was elected President...


That would be true if I thought Romney was gonna win. I never thought Kerry would win.

You think Romney's gonna win? Still haven't heard your take on that for real. Long thread. I could have missed your prediction/reasons. Your statement above is rather cryptic. I'll interpret it as a prediction for Romney. What makes you think he will win?

DarthMonk


Yes, Romney SHOULD win. Obama has nothing to run on but anti-Republican talking points. The problem for him is the Republicans aren't in control, he is. After four years, Obama's not President, he's still a candidate. He isn't responsible for his own administration and even says about his own government he will get to the bottom of issues as if they are W's administration. When Hillary said she was responsible in Libya, he though that meant it wasn't him.

Obama supporters aren't excited, his opponents are. I just stood in line over an hour to vote. Democrats dominate early voting, Republicans do on election day. And Obama was down with Democrats in early voting and Republicans were up. Obama will win most of the blue, non toss up States, but Romney will win most of the toss ups. He could even win Michigan and Pennsylvania.

As for me, I hadn't voted for a Republican for POTUS since 1988. With Obama, I didn't blink, I voted Romney.


FIXED IT FOR YOU.

Yes, I did.

Wait, I found it. Your argument.

I think it's wrong. We'll see. All the polls say otherwise.

Romney MIGHT win Florida. It's the only real toss up. Forget Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, Ohio, and PA.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Posts: 6213
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 am

Now Hear This:

God wants to give us another 4 years of Obamanation.
Personally, I don't think he deserves it......but GOD's will be done

GOD RULES.............AND HE OVER-RULES

Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Rich hire more when taxes are lower because we get a better return on our investment.

So, you think you are rich? :roll:


Obama calls me "the wealthiest among us." Are you calling Obama a liar?

Absolutely!


ROTFALMAO the two of you have finally agreed on something... Only Obama
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster
Posts: 2995
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Now Hear This:

God wants to give us another 4 years of Obamanation.
Personally, I don't think he deserves it......but GOD's will be done

GOD RULES.............AND HE OVER-RULES

Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.


God had nothing to do with it. You see...people go to these things called polling stations and cast a vote for who they want as president. Obama was elected by humans and nothing more.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:05 am

Cappster wrote:Obama was elected by humans and nothing more.


I don't knoooooowww about all that. Some of the people I saw at the station looked kinda weird, I instantly thought of MIB. :lol:

In all seriousness, Obama or Mitt we Americans needed to stand by whoever won because they are our president. Best of luck to Obama and let's have more unity. "One Nation under God" (or under the clouds if your not into God)

God Bless our troops all over the world.

Joe out 8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

You know that was Jesus' response on the question of taxes, right?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 am

Deadskins wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

You know that was Jesus' response on the question of taxes, right?


Which Jesus, South Park's or Family Guy's? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to The Lounge