2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Optimist in me?

8 - 8

Pessimist in me?

7 - 9

No playoffs ... YET

Next year? Different story. Winning record and Playoffs. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:03 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Oh man, what is all of this gloom and doom of 5-11 ... 7-9 .. stuff? I feel like you guys have been reading too much of the "poster's" posts

Pods couldn't talk a nun into going to mass. I just think it's tough for a rookie quarterback to win a lot of games in the NFL, even one as good as Griffin. No gloom and doom about it at all
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Optimist in me?

8 - 8

Pessimist in me?

7 - 9

No playoffs ... YET

Next year? Different story. Winning record and Playoffs. :idea:

Nah ... come on man, where's the spirit?

The Redskins should have won 8 games last year. We absolutely lost 3 games we should have won ... and that ill conceived move to Beck that led to what was it ... a 4 game losing streak? It was a bad move, and Beck was atrocious. Anytime a guy comes in and then forces a move back to the benched player, that's a problem.

I believe the team has improved overall ... with a huge improvement at the most critical position. Anything less than 9-7 will be a bitter disappointment, in my view.

I think this team is going to surprise a bunch of nay sayers this year, and you can see that same type of optimism in Shannahan's rather uncharacteristically jovial persona here in the pre season pressers.

I think Mike knows that RG3 is going make all the difference in the world. Fact is, Kirk Cousins would be a an upgrade, so there is also depth that we've never had.

piggie

Postby oj » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I see 10 wins, because of the defense where i believe we'll win the field position battles. Pass coverage is scarey, i hope these guys will grow up quick or it'll be a long season. Other than that i see the defence dominating.
It'll be about half thru the season when the offense begins to catch up to the defense. Lets hope they don't beat themselves to death trying to gell.
Molon Labe

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Optimist 14-2
Pessimist 8-8

Realist 10-6
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't know if anyone has analyzed the NFC East schedules, but the Redskins have the easiest of all 4 schedules ... by a slight margin over the eagles, with the Cowboys having the 2nd hardest, followed by the Giants who have the toughest.

All NFC East teams have 8 common extra division opponents, and only two different ones. Here are the two differences for each team:

Redskins - Rams, Vikings

Eagles - Cardinals, Lions

Cowboys - Seahawks, Bears

Giants - 49ers, Packers.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 pm

I see the standings going into the final game of the season like this:

Phi - 10-5
Dal - 9-6
Was - 9-6
NYG - 8-7

Final Game

Phi @ NYG = NYG wins

Dal @ Was = Was wins

Phi - 10-6
Was - 10-6
Dal - 9-7
NYG - 9-7

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 pm

there is no rationale that can be based on what we did last season - we are not the same and we do not play the same teams

NEITHER does it matter what we did last season - we lost some games we "should" have won and won some games we really should have lost - who cares

we're going to win 8 to 10 games - same old story here - wait till you see what we can get done next year

the most important objective this season is to keep RGIII healthy and have him grow into the future great QB that he is destined to be

we did not bring him here to be great for this season - the most important thing is to have him be great for 10+ seasons

RGIII is destined for greatness but he needs help
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 am

I think realistically, this is a 7-9 win team. I would love to see them perform above that expectation, but I think that's the reality of what this team is in 2012.

If the O-Line gels quickly and the WR's/DB's perform a lot better than I tend to think they will, this could definitely be a better team than I think they will be; but I'm not seeing that just yet. Hopefully next year.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 am

The most important position on the O line is LT and we have a good one in Trent - it would be fantastic to have him become a really good LT and build a decent O line around him - that will take time - Trent HOPEFULLY understands his responsibilities and this great opportunity to play at LT with RGIII

we are very lucky that we have a number of rookies and younger players that are going to hopefully become part of a consistent, playoff contending Redskins squad - this will take time

I understand that wins and losses are important but it's equally important here to be focused on getting better and that will take another year with another good draft

8 wins and maybe 9 wins is good but it's more important to see this group getting better and playing well for 16 games
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:53 am

I'm tired of being patient.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:08 am

cleg wrote:I'm tired of being patient.

aren't we all :roll:

"wait until next year ... " is just so frustrating

I'm looking forward to this though - we'll be able to watch one of the most exciting QBs to come along in a long, long time, playing in B&G

HAIL

Currently 50-41

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:

aren't we all :roll:

"wait until next year ... " is just so frustrating

I'm looking forward to this though - we'll be able to watch one of the most exciting QBs to come along in a long, long time, playing in B&G

I agree, but with an actual rookie franchise quarterback this year, it isn't the same. I think priority should be on developing him.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:17 am

This is the sentiment which causes decisions that results in a need for even more patience.

Snyder most importantly cannot be impatient cus he's been a failure since buying the team. Mike wasn't here for that. Going into the third year of rebuilding an ENTIRE business... Roster, facilities, trainers, coaches, Front Office... 3 years isnt a long time.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This is the sentiment which causes decisions that results in a need for even more patience

Bam, now that's what I'm talking about. We have a winner! Perfectly put. :up:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football