R.I.P. Steve Sabol

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

R.I.P. Steve Sabol

Postby 44diesel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:55 pm

The football world says goodbye to a legend of the sport on Tuesday. Steve Sabol, President of NFL Films, has died just weeks away from 70th birthday after an 18 month battle with brain cancer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... films-dies

R.I.P. Steve Sabol. Thanks for all that you did for football. Your video work was a big part of my life since my childhood and was an inspiration for my career in film/video production.
"Givin'em the Business!"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

It's hard to truly define the impact NFL Films had on the game. It's thunderous music, gritty narration and high speed photography made the game larger than life and unrivaled in how we saw the sport.

Putting microphones on players and coaches gave us a front row seat to what these guys were like at their best and worst and gave us some of the best quotes of the game.

I wish the were an NHL version. That I think is the best compliment I can think of.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Man, this makes me wish I watched all those old VHS tapes before I threw them away. Had some great NFL films.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I didn't realize Steve was that old. He and his dad made as big an impact on the NFL as anyone. They were responsible for making it America's #1 sport.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm

R.I.P

Will be missed.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: R.I.P. Steve Sabol

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm

44diesel wrote:The football world says goodbye to a legend of the sport on Tuesday. Steve Sabol, President of NFL Films, has died just weeks away from 70th birthday after an 18 month battle with brain cancer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... films-dies

R.I.P. Steve Sabol. Thanks for all that you did for football. Your video work was a big part of my life since my childhood and was an inspiration for my career in film/video production.

Who doesn't love it when you are channel surfing and stumble across an old NFL Films gem?

Very sad that he has passed. The man very clearly loved the game of football and dedicated his life to sharing that love. I'm sure he regarded himself as being very lucky, but the truth is that we are all lucky for it, too.

RIP, Steve.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm

RIP
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Around the League