Garçon Out Again

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Big difference between not playing based on whether the injury will get worse and if you're "tough" enough and not playing because your injury prevents your being able to productive. If he's hurt and can't go at 100%, 90%, 80%, whatever to the point of not running routes crisply, not getting separation, acceleration, whatever, then better he not be out on the field.

Mike Shanahan's guess as to how Garcon feels is irrelevant. At the end of the day its Garcon's opinion that matters. Not sure what in the last 2 weeks has been proven to so easily discredit this man's word, guess I should be "reading" more.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piglet

Postby HOGETTE MX » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Pierre Garcon, GET WELL SOON. Get off the IR bench and get back onto the field. U R MISSED. :wink:
HOGETTE MX~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALL HAIL TO THE HOGS OFFENSE.

"The real battles are fought in the trenches." - John Madden.

WR: 3 Superbowl Championship Titles & 5 NFC Championship Titles

"A football legacy worthy of the Nation's Capital."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm starting to think one of two things is true.

- Pierre Garcon is really French, because he has very little fight in him, I'm not going to call him a (nick name for a cat).
- or his foot is hurt more than the training staff thinks.

Does any one know if Garcon every had a MRI on his foot.?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Hope it's not the dreaded Lis Franc injury.

But it sounds like it based on how it was described (like Turf Toe on the top of the foot)

But, after watching Ray Lewis: Football Life, and learning he played 2 years on turf toe that locked his toe up, I say take some cortisone and get back on the field Pierre.

From what I have read, this injury is about pain management; there isn't a concern that he will make it worse by playing.

I haven't walked a mile in an NFL player's shoes, but I have seen players who play through a lot of pain. Your team needs you. Something about this just doesn't add up. My 2 cents

+1

Plus one more...

I've heard fans say it's only "turf toe" but on the top of his foot, and that he should man up and deal with it, THEN I heard Royster got injured with "turf toe", no one told him to man up... know one even knew he was hurt and wonder why Grant was signed, Pierre G is taking his time coming back Evan R. is taking the rest of the year off, granted Royster was already dinged up but it was "turf toe" that sent him to IR.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:17 am

1niksder wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Hope it's not the dreaded Lis Franc injury.

But it sounds like it based on how it was described (like Turf Toe on the top of the foot)

But, after watching Ray Lewis: Football Life, and learning he played 2 years on turf toe that locked his toe up, I say take some cortisone and get back on the field Pierre.

From what I have read, this injury is about pain management; there isn't a concern that he will make it worse by playing.

I haven't walked a mile in an NFL player's shoes, but I have seen players who play through a lot of pain. Your team needs you. Something about this just doesn't add up. My 2 cents

+1

Plus one more...

I've heard fans say it's only "turf toe" but on the top of his foot, and that he should man up and deal with it, THEN I heard Royster got injured with "turf toe", no one told him to man up... know one even knew he was hurt and wonder why Grant was signed, Pierre G is taking his time coming back Evan R. is taking the rest of the year off, granted Royster was already dinged up but it was "turf toe" that sent him to IR.

Not Royster, Helu. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:23 am

Who knows what I was thinking :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:43 am

Garcon likely to play against TB

But Rich Campbell of the Washington Times reports that Garcon will try to play, and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Garcon is more likely to play than not.

If Garcon does play, he likely wouldn’t be on the field for every offensive snap, as the Redskins want to take it easy on his injured foot.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am

Damn, do I risk playing him again in fantasy yet?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 pm

1. Wide receiver Pierre Garcon remains troubled by an injured toe on his right foot (it’s a problem under the second toe) and coach Mike Shanahan is uncertain when he’ll return. Garcon was inactive Sunday for the third time this season because of the injury, suffered in the season opener. He underwent an MRI, which showed how inflamed the toe is.

“We just have to give him time,” Shanahan said. “He’s fine, if he has some juice before the game, but afterwards it’s very, very painful…. When I saw he couldn’t go in practice at the speed I want him to go at I said I think you’re pushing through more pain than you tend to tell the coaches.

2. Shanahan re-iterated that it’s not turf toe, otherwise they would have “shut him down” for a while. He said Garcon wanted to play Sunday.

“I said I don’t want to lose you for the rest of the season, let’s get this thing well and tell me when it’s ready to go,” Shanahan said.
(highlight and emphasis is mine)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins- ... HxuRxW5NjQ

Apparently, Garcon's problem isn't that he is really French (which was hilarious, by the way, Skinsfan), but that his toe is F'ed up more than the general public was clued into previously AND MORE THAN HE WAS WILLING TO ADMIT TO HIS COACHES. Sounds like a tough dude to me.
Last edited by emoses14 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Sucks that he is out. But toughing it out is probably just exacerbating the problem.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:49 pm

More on Garcon's Injury

Both of Robert Griffin III’s 300-yard passing days have come with Garçon in the lineup.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

This injury is one of the more serious on the team, IMHO. Garcon had shown that he could provide big play potential during the preseason, and at NO on week one. He appeared not only to be a playmaker, but also RGIII's favorite target.

With the depth that most of us thought we had at WR in pre-season....I thought that this would be an opportunity for Robinson, Briscoe, Moss...someone else to step up and make plays....but really the only receiver consistently catching balls game in and out is Davis.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm

I remember seeing him running for the long TD and hoping the defender wouldn't dive and cause some freak injury. Unreal. It's a good reason to high-step when someone goes to tackle from behind - like Griff did yesterday.

Bummer.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I haven't heard much about this type of injury in the past. I wonder if this is the type that a couple shots / isolated numbing could cure or at least allow him to get on the field and not feel the injury. It doesn't appear to be something like a strained ACL or something that having no feeling could cause a greater problem.

Unfortuntely, these types of injuries tend to linger throughout the year and results in the player either going to IR after a month or the guy playing a game-reinjuring it-sit out 2 games, then return-reinjure-sit out 2 games, which lasts until the season ends. Hopefully that's not the case.

That said, if anyting positive has come out of this, it is that MS and KS realize that Moss is still a player. I just wish they would realize that Hankerson is horrendous. Is he still our #2 reciever? He has got to be one of the worst starting WR in the entire NFL. It's like he runs in slow motion and he can barely catch. I would start Moss & Morgan.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm

markshark84 wrote:I haven't heard much about this type of injury in the past. I wonder if this is the type that a couple shots / isolated numbing could cure or at least allow him to get on the field and not feel the injury. It doesn't appear to be something like a strained ACL or something that having no feeling could cause a greater problem.

Unfortuntely, these types of injuries tend to linger throughout the year and results in the player either going to IR after a month or the guy playing a game-reinjuring it-sit out 2 games, then return-reinjure-sit out 2 games, which lasts until the season ends. Hopefully that's not the case.

That said, if anyting positive has come out of this, it is that MS and KS realize that Moss is still a player. I just wish they would realize that Hankerson is horrendous. Is he still our #2 reciever? He has got to be one of the worst starting WR in the entire NFL. It's like he runs in slow motion and he can barely catch. I would start Moss & Morgan.

I'm not sure about this, but I would think the bottom of the foot/toe area would be a bad place to be numb. So much feel determines how you run it might lead to a far worse injury.

I agree about Hankerson, he runs in slo mo then just falls forward. The day he actually breaks a tackle and runs hard I may change my mind about him. Briscoe was the guy I thought would impress, then I saw him drop a pass right at his face wide open and realized he's not much better either.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football