Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Jumbo is the Dbag who banned me for 6 months in 2008. It was in the Political Section. I pointed out that he was calling out people for things as a mod while doing the same thing. He didn't like me telling him to let us know when he was wearing his "fan hat" and "moderator hat". :) I haven't missed that site at all.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Here is the whole thing

Re: Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?
Originally Posted by DaSkinzBaby
Yeah I know he was and the key word is WAS a All Pro Linebacker. Means nothing when it comes to a round house kick to the temple or a kick in the chest or a chop to the throat......
You got here a month ago. I hope to hell this isn't typical of what you plan to bring here, or you can hang it up. It's both unacceptable and just really stupid internet tough guy posturing. We are well stocked with nonsense posting here form folks with seniority, and hardly need to import new stock. Take a week off and think it over.
Last edited by Jumbo; September-24th-2012 at 12:38 PM.
"Captain, it's a viewpoint--not one of ours! We're under attack!"
"I see it, ensign! Engage amygdala! Transfer all power from frontal lobes!
Suspend critical thinking field!
Go to course heading of reflexive response 101 at full bias!
Now!'Enter' at will!"

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so" ~ Mark Twain

This is crap. They suspended you for that?

One of the things you'll find here is that we tend to be a bit more open-minded (sometimes to a fault)

I wasn't so much bashing you for cussing as much as trying to establish a boundary before it got stepped over, y'know? We try to handle most real things behind the scenes, one-on-one, but there are usually plenty of warnings.

You just seemed frustrated and I felt like you might enjoy voicing your frustrations more in a forum where anything goes!

:up:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Welcome, DaSkinz Baby. We've had more than a few disgruntled ES users come our way over the years. As long as you stay within the rules, you can settle in here as long as you'd like.

Two rules you should note, though: all forums (except the Smack forum) are PG rated. Please make sure profanity and limp penises don't make an appearance.

And we also have a rule that users may not use two accounts.

Be sure to check out the rest . . . there aren't many . . . and again, welcome aboard! :up:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am

I was permanently banned from ES too. After being here for years it's obvious to me they (ES) are the JV team of fan sites.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 am

ATX_Skins wrote:I was permanently banned from ES too. After being here for years it's obvious to me they (ES) are the JV team of fan sites.

I've been trying to find out how we can ban ATX but I can't figure it out yet.. still trying though. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:I was permanently banned from ES too. After being here for years it's obvious to me they (ES) are the JV team of fan sites.

I've been trying to find out how we can ban ATX but I can't figure it out yet.. still trying though. :lol:

:-k It's the downside of our having so few rules, isn't it?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

:lol:

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

We need to be more like the NFL in that respect.

Upon further review, ATX did edit the post after 2 others had responded with disagreement but before 3 other posters had counterposted in support. The forward progress of the thread had therefore been halted, and the play was dead before the edit occured. Therefore there is no foul for unnecessary changes. During the changes, however, a personal foul was committed when he used "its" instead of "it's." This change is not a foul in pregame or postgame threads, where hype or venting is permitted, but it occurred at 8:03am on a Wednesday, which is two steps and a football move removed from a "postgame" thread. The personal foul moves ATX's post count back by 15 and disqualifies his large avatar. ATX will be assigned a new small avatar and given a one-week ban. The ruling on the field that he used an invalid argument is not reviewable except in the Smack Forum.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am

Irn-Bru wrote:We need to be more like the NFL in that respect.

Upon further review, ATX did edit the post after 2 others had responded with disagreement but before 3 other posters had counterposted in support. The forward progress of the thread had therefore been halted, and the play was dead before the edit occured. Therefore there is no foul for unnecessary changes. During the changes, however, a personal foul was committed when he used "its" instead of "it's." This change is not a foul in pregame or postgame threads, where hype or venting is permitted, but it occurred at 8:03am on a Wednesday, which is two steps and a football move removed from a "postgame" thread. The personal foul moves ATX's post count back by 15 and disqualifies his large avatar. ATX will be assigned a new small avatar and given a one-week ban. The ruling on the field that he used an invalid argument is not reviewable except in the Smack Forum.

So GreenBay didn't intercept the ball? :lol:

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

We need to be more like the NFL in that respect.

That's all true, but I don't think that play was reviewable, so aren't we going to have to stay with the original call? I'm going to throw the challenge flag on the review so we can determine if the review was reviewable. I just hope I can throw a challenge flag on that because if not I'm going to get hit with a 15 yarder. Or I would if the replacement refs knew the rules. Are we using the replacement refs who are incompetent on this or the regular ones who hate us?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Are we using the replacement refs who are incompetent on this or the regular ones who hate us?

We're using the regular incompetent replacement refs that hate us...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Are we using the replacement refs who are incompetent on this or the regular ones who hate us?

We're using the regular incompetent replacement refs that hate us...

The ones that can't remember the original call once the review starts, now if you want to challenge the review that's cool we'll be more than happy to review the review of the last review. Remember we are trying to be like the NFL so we aren't really talking to the other reviewers or making any attempts whatsoever to find out what the original call was.

We can do this because a yellow flag is better than a red one any day. Now this isn't challenge able but if you were to throw a burgundy flag, I'm sure we'd look at the situation differently. For the record there are no reference to the Redskins on any of our Fb pages, unless somebody missed the memo to remove them ASAP

Considering the new refs can make up the penalty yardage as they go don't be surprise if someone tops your burgundy flag with a gold one.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Welcome.

I took your post as big-talk and humor...as when I say "I might have to take a volume of Knuth's Art of Computer Programming and bop somebody in the head with it".

In the real-life Hogs Net, I think the worst offense tends to be a personal attack on another poster. We have usually tried to follow a model of: disagree with the opinion, but don't insult the person.

You have been pointed to a set of board rules. There are usually rules within the rules, and Hogs Nets mods are level-headed people...good common sense. Best anywhere...otherwise, this board would not have lived so long and prospered. [yes, Spock-reference] I'm trying to think of the underlying principle to behavior that "ends badly".

Of course, there were other rules, such as:

- never call Art Monk "merely a possession receiver"

That one is obsolete, though.
:wink:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

welch wrote:Welcome.

I took your post as big-talk and humor...as when I say "I might have to take a volume of Knuth's Art of Computer Programming and bop somebody in the head with it".

In the real-life Hogs Net, I think the worst offense tends to be a personal attack on another poster. We have usually tried to follow a model of: disagree with the opinion, but don't insult the person.

You have been pointed to a set of board rules. There are usually rules within the rules, and Hogs Nets mods are level-headed people...good common sense. Best anywhere...otherwise, this board would not have lived so long and prospered. [yes, Spock-reference] I'm trying to think of the underlying principle to behavior that "ends badly".

Does this mean I get my milk money back?

there's interest, you know...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Countertrey wrote:
welch wrote:Welcome.

Does this mean I get my milk money back?

there's interest, you know...

Nah, we're really not interested at all. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon