Helu to IR

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Helu to IR

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

That explains it.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redsk ... y-redskins

Washington Redskins running back Roy Helu will miss the remainder of the 2012 season after being placed on the IR with turf toe.

Roy Helu, the Washington Redskins' second-year running back, will miss the remainder of the 2012 season after being placed on the Injured Reserve list. Helu had been battling turf toe in addition to an injury to his Achilles, but it appears the injury to his toe is what landed him on the IR.

Helu hadn't produced much on the field this season, carrying the ball just two times for a total of 2 yards. His injury came during the Redskins' Week 3 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. After the game, he was seen wearing a walking boot.

According to a Redskins' press release, the team has signed free-agent running back Ryan Grant to replace the injured Helu. Grant is a six-year NFL veteran that has 4,016 career rushing yards and 25 touchdowns. His best NFL seasons were in 2008 and 2009 with the Green Bay Packers when he rushed for more than 1,200 yards each year.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh FFS!!!!!

](*,)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm

I think we need a bigger roster.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Is it just me or have most of the team's injuries occurred in non-game situations?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Postby BigPlayCityBaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Glad I drafted him in my fantasy draft. And told my friend to use his keeper selection on him. Man. For a turf toe?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 pm

BigPlayCityBaby wrote:Glad I drafted him in my fantasy draft. And told my friend to use his keeper selection on him. Man. For a turf toe?

I took Royster! :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
BigPlayCityBaby wrote:Glad I drafted him in my fantasy draft. And told my friend to use his keeper selection on him. Man. For a turf toe?

I took Royster! :twisted:

I took Morris 8)
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Hooligan wrote:I think we need a bigger roster.

There 74 players counting against the Cap, two more that don't and another 29 in dead cap so technically the 53 man roster has 75 players and accounting wise there are 104.

Only 51 can be active, but 5 of them have suffered an injury that has caused them to miss time in the last 3 weeks and 11 have not played a down in the B&G. 13 are done for the season one other may come back and 8 are on the PS...
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:41 pm

1niksder wrote:
Hooligan wrote:I think we need a bigger roster.

There 74 players counting against the Cap, two more that don't and another 29 in dead cap so technically the 53 man roster has 75 players and accounting wise there are 104.

Only 51 can be active, but 5 of them have suffered an injury that has caused them to miss time in the last 3 weeks and 11 have not played a down in the B&G. 13 are done for the season one other may come back and 8 are on the PS...

I just got a headache after reading this. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:01 pm

There is something so wrong with this article. Sounds like someone hasn't been doing their homework. :lol:

It seems that he’s been relegated to third string running back status, behind Morris and second year running back Evan Royster.

It’s not clear whether or not Helu is in Shanahan’s doghouse, or if the production of Morris and Royster warrants them getting the majority of the work at running back. Helu’s capability as a receiver dictates that he should get more playing time than he is currently receiving. However, Morris is currently fourth in the NFL in rushing. Therefore, it would be hard to justify giving some of his carries to Helu.

Helu should keep himself prepared for game action. Although Griffin III will play Week Six against the Minnesota Vikings, it’s hard to tell how effective he will be. Morris seems capable of handling the workload at running back, but Shanahan should consider using Helu to take a few carries away from Griffin III. He would be efficient out of the backfield on third downs, and could give Morris a rest. Helu can be used on screens, or out in the flat. Or if Shanahan really wants to shake things up, he could split Helu outside as a wide receiver.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/1 ... DPeecMK.99

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:01 pm

So helu isn't on IR??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Turf toe is an injury that involves damage to the joint and to ligaments that connect the boney structures of the large toe. They do not heal quickly... and any repeated significant extension of the toe... such as during hard acceleration... or pushing after contact... redamages any healed tissue... in other words, an injured player can literally do nothing with the joint until it's healed, unless he wants to contunuously reinjure it...

Think about the implications of that... no squat presses... no sprint drills... no running... sure, they can work out on a stationary bike, but, that's not the same as sprinting... even when better, they have to recondition...

"For a turf toe?" Yup. for a turf toe. It is a problem for most players... but it's crippling for a running back, who makes a living driving after contact... Guess they decided that he was going to lose too much of the season to keep him on the active roster....
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:57 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:So helu isn't on IR??

Helu is very much on IR which makes the article hilarious or irresponsible.

Love this line:

"It is not clear whether or not Helu is in Shanahan's doghouse..."

What is clear is Helu is on IR which could better explain why he is not getting anymore carries. :)

Just thought I would have some fun on a boring Saturday.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster.html

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football