RGIII for RotW

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

RGIII for RotW

Postby 1niksder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:22 am

RGIII threw for 323 yards and ran for 43 more, plus a touchdown, as he led the Redskins to a come from behind win and beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-22.

Vote here
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Vote early. Vote often. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Do they do Rookie of the month? If they do he should be the hand down winner!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm sure he's the early favorite for rookie of the year.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:03 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Do they do Rookie of the month? If they do he should be the hand down winner!

They do and he did HTTR

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 am

HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm

As hard as I am on the Shanaclan ... I must give credit where credit is due, and the wheeling and dealing to get RG3, and the amazing pickup of Morris in the 6th round has made the greatest impact offensively by any two rookies in my memory, ever.

The addition of Garcon and Morgan provided the tools needed for RG3 and Morris to be so successful, and I have to say that if it were not for the salary cap hit from the NFL, it's likely that the Redskins would have done more in free agency on defense. The retooling of the offense is impressive, with a large part of the credit due RG3 and Morris, but somebody had to get them here.

I believe we're about 5 players away from being a Super Bowl contender, and just a couple of players away from being a playoff threat. A couple of more solid play makers in the secondary this year would likely have allowed the Redskins to be 4-0 right now.

We need a shutdown corner ... a play making free safety .... a strong right tackle ... another dominant pass rusher .... and legit beast type receiver (if one of the guys we have now don't produce).

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

RayNAustin wrote:As hard as I am on the Shanaclan ... I must give credit where credit is due, and the wheeling and dealing to get RG3, and the amazing pickup of Morris in the 6th round has made the greatest impact offensively by any two rookies in my memory, ever.

The addition of Garcon and Morgan provided the tools needed for RG3 and Morris to be so successful, and I have to say that if it were not for the salary cap hit from the NFL, it's likely that the Redskins would have done more in free agency on defense. The retooling of the offense is impressive, with a large part of the credit due RG3 and Morris, but somebody had to get them here.

I believe we're about 5 players away from being a Super Bowl contender, and just a couple of players away from being a playoff threat. A couple of more solid play makers in the secondary this year would likely have allowed the Redskins to be 4-0 right now.

We need a shutdown corner ... a play making free safety .... a strong right tackle ... another dominant pass rusher .... and legit beast type receiver (if one of the guys we have now don't produce).

Who are you and what have you done with Ray?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Bout my tenth time voting... Didn't realize the numbers that little tannehill put up. Might have to rethink my hognostications..... NOT.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:57 pm

RayNAustin wrote:We need a shutdown corner ... a play making free safety .... a strong right tackle ... another dominant pass rusher .... and legit beast type receiver (if one of the guys we have now don't produce).

I think with the first three we would be contenders but with another dominant pass rusher and a top ten type WR, this team should be considered a front runner for the SB.

Now with that said, it is very hard to get those players and we won't have but a couple of nickles to send on free agents (frak you Mara and Godahell!) and no first rounders for the next two years.

We have the hardest position (QB) on offense to fill, filled. The second hardest (LT) filled. We also have starting caliber WRs and a good young RB (not hard to find). Are solid in the front seven on D and we have two legitimate pass rushers.

What I'm saying is there is a good foundation, we will be a bit handcuffed going forward, but we should be able to be very competative in the years to come!

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm

This FO will continue the job they've started

I disagree that we will not have the money to spend - they'll find enough

the fact is these guys know what they are doing and they don't need to 'buy' the best players they just need to continue to bring in players that make the other players better
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:As hard as I am on the Shanaclan ... I must give credit where credit is due, and the wheeling and dealing to get RG3, and the amazing pickup of Morris in the 6th round has made the greatest impact offensively by any two rookies in my memory, ever.

Who are you and what have you done with Ray?

Really.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:We need a shutdown corner ... a play making free safety .... a strong right tackle ... another dominant pass rusher .... and legit beast type receiver (if one of the guys we have now don't produce).

I think with the first three we would be contenders but with another dominant pass rusher and a top ten type WR, this team should be considered a front runner for the SB.

Now with that said, it is very hard to get those players and we won't have but a couple of nickles to send on free agents (frak you Mara and Godahell!) and no first rounders for the next two years.

We have the hardest position (QB) on offense to fill, filled. The second hardest (LT) filled. We also have starting caliber WRs and a good young RB (not hard to find). Are solid in the front seven on D and we have two legitimate pass rushers.

What I'm saying is there is a good foundation, we will be a bit handcuffed going forward, but we should be able to be very competative in the years to come!

Curious to see where we all think we are in terms of top 10 WR at the end of this season.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm

emoses14 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Curious to see where we all think we are in terms of top 10 WR at the end of this season.

We don't have a guy ob the top 40 of any major wr stats, but I'm sure that will change by the end of the season, but there is no way any of them will be considered a top ten guy even if he ranks there stats wise. There are just too many stud WRs out there for any of ours to move into the top ten.

Stats can lie. Right now Brian Hartline (whom I dropped from my fantasy team before last week - doh!) is leading the league in yards receiving and no oner would confuse him with a top ten wr.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Do they do Rookie of the month? If they do he should be the hand down winner!
Good call sf33

NFL’s Offensive Rookie Of The Month Is…

Image <--- Click RGIII for full story
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football