Skins - Falcons postgame discussion thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins offense need to act like they are behind 14 points.

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Because as long as Jim Hasbeen is here we will lose thanks to him. He sucks Panthers 8 sacks Redskins NONE......

the 'mudge

Re: Redskins offense need to act like they are behind 14 poi

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Because as long as Jim Hasbeen is here we will lose thanks to him. He sucks Panthers 8 sacks Redskins NONE......

No defense will hold up when on the field for 81 plays. that's EIGHTY ONE. Atlanta TOP: 37.01

Haslett's game plan was perfect for Atlanta. It required the offense to hold up it's side of the deal, and win the TOP. It could have... it did not...

This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Kyle Shanahan. When you have a running back ripping off runs at a nearly 10 ypc clip, you MAKE THE OTHER TEAM STOP IT. You don't get cute.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Because as long as Jim Hasbeen is here we will lose thanks to him. He sucks Panthers 8 sacks Redskins NONE......

Our defense played a good game today. (Have you ever seen Atanta play before?)

This loss was on the offense. Overall I thought it was a pretty good effort by the 'Skins. But against a team like Atlanta you need to bring a more consistent offensive effort.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Countertrey wrote:

No defense will hold up when on the field for 81 plays. that's EIGHTY ONE. Atlanta TOP: 37.01

Haslett's game plan was perfect for Atlanta. It required the offense to hold up it's side of the deal, and win the TOP. It could have... it did not...

This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Kyle Shanahan. When you have a running back ripping off runs at a nearly 10 ypc clip, you MAKE THE OTHER TEAM STOP IT. You don't get cute.

I missed the first 2 1/2 quarters but I was getting score updates and it's not like we were behind and Morris was averaging 6.1 ypc and only had 19 carries??? RUN THE DARN BALL!!!! If we would have held the ball more with more running the D would have been in better shape to make those tackles that I was so critical of at the end of the game. I really hope Kyle learns from this cuz daddy ain't gonna fire his boy...
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:24 pm

The Skins need to take a note from the Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw 30 Carries 200 yards 6.7 ypc 1 TD
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm

I guess when somebody actually runs the ball 28 times against us it brings back Fletcher with 20 tackles 8 solo He was all over the field today which was a very positive thing to see
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm

TimSkin wrote:The Skins need to take a note from the Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw 30 Carries 200 yards 6.7 ypc 1 TD

you have to convert 3rd downs and sustain drives to keep handing the ball off.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

oneman56 wrote:
TimSkin wrote:The Skins need to take a note from the Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw 30 Carries 200 yards 6.7 ypc 1 TD

I'm talking about the horrible play calling more so the 30 carries that Bradshaw had than the 200 yards
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm

TimSkin wrote:
oneman56 wrote:

I'm talking about the horrible play calling more so the 30 carries that Bradshaw had than the 200 yards

i know and Alfred would've had more carries had we converted 3rd downs.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Lookie here .... we can theorize and analyze till hell freezes over about this thing or that thing ... but the bottom line still rests with the HC.

This team is almost an entirely new roster from the team Mike inherited. He built the staff and built the roster and aside from some rather EXCEPTIONAL play from two rookies ... miraculous play from the QB .... we're 0-5 and a complete disaster rather than just same old story.

8 straight losses at home ... a worse record than Jim Zorn (who did slightly better with a whole lot less talent) and that's where the problem resides. It's as simple as that. No excuses, no cry baby stuff, no riding on old reputation that was already failing before he got here (which is why Denver fired him).

His Son sucks as an OC ... predictable to the point of failure, and inexplicable in switching from what works for no apparent reason. The impressive offensive performance prior to today was almost entirely based on RG3's ability .... yet the Falcons apparently figured out how to stop the offense's cute little college diversions, but couldn't do a thing to stop the running game ... so what do we do? We do them a favor and stop our own running game.

We have a staff that made a huge mistake on the Kicker ... everybody but them knew it when they did it .... and yet even after last week when there could be no remaining doubt in a sane person's mind, they refused to fix it this week because these ego maniacs refuse to admit being wrong about anything.

Now if this were some new development, then we might be able to write it off as a aberration ... but it's not. We have had the QB carousel with McNabb to Grossman, Grossman to Beck to Grossman again, and last year's "I'll stake my reputation on him (Beck)" who turned out to be an unmitigated disaster .... and I won't try to go into all of the other questionable personnel decisions.

This is more than what got Zorn not just fired, but run out of town. Shanahan inspires no confidence ... either Shanahan.

Put these two knuckle heads in charge of the Sahara Desert, and they'd figure out how to make sand fail.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm miffed why we're blaming anyone for this loss. Haslett is a bum. We all know this.

But, we lost the game when RG3 went down. The concussion beat
us.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:36 pm

The Skins D played well today, with the exception of giving up quite a few 1st downs from 3rd and long...they need to get that fixed, but the offensive performance today was abismal....

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm

2 INTs in the rain at end ......sealed the deal.

It may have been DIF IF GRIFF was still in the game.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I was reviewing the play that RG3 got hurt, seems like if he stayed in the pocket for just another second Garcon was open in the endzone. He'll surely learn from this.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm

TeeterSalad wrote:I was reviewing the play that RG3 got hurt, seems like if he stayed in the pocket for just another second Garcon was open in the endzone. He'll surely learn from this.

Garcon and co. dropped too many balls today, killing drives. We've got to get a new kicker...the misses demoralize. One thing I've noticed that others might argue with. Our running game seems to weaken as the game progresses, probably because our OL tires and our back ups aren't up to their jobs. By game's end, we usually have to rely on RG3. It's not just a matter of failure to stick with what's working. At the start of games I'm saying run, run, run. By the end I'm cursing every time we try it. So far this season, Garcon has been a disappointment.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football