RG3 ... Robert Griffin ... The Third

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:Bob.

What?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:

What?

No, no, no...

You have only 2 "1's" after your name, and they are contaminated by a 0 and a 9. Just don't even talk to me... It's just embarrasing.

:P
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:50 pm

ACW wrote:One of the announcers yesterday said "RG Griffin."

I heard that and at first thought they called him Archie Griffin. I was thinking both won the Heisman but come on. :)
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 am

you cant just call him Robert Griffin because that would be refering to his grandfather .. he is the 3rd... so his full name is Robert Griffin the Third...
just like Ken Griffey Jr had to be called Junior because if you didnt add the Junior to it you would be refering to his father

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 am

Countertrey wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

What?

No, no, no...

You have only 2 "1's" after your name, and they are contaminated by a 0 and a 9. Just don't even talk to me... It's just embarrasing.

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am

everydayAskinsday wrote:you cant just call him Robert Griffin because that would be refering to his grandfather .. he is the 3rd... so his full name is Robert Griffin the Third...
just like Ken Griffey Jr had to be called Junior because if you didnt add the Junior to it you would be refering to his father

I can see where that would be confusing. "Robert Griffin throws to Garcon..." People would be asking what the heck, did RG3 throw that pass, or did his grandfather?

Actually with Griffey, they only called him "Junior." Wasn't that even MORE confusing? How the heck many "Juniors" are out there? Who caught that fly ball? Which Junior?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 am

Countertrey wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

What?

No, no, no...

How is anyone supposed to know which Bob you meant? When you said "Bob" I had no idea you meant Bob 0119. Shouldn't you use his full name?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:you cant just call him Robert Griffin because that would be refering to his grandfather .. he is the 3rd... so his full name is Robert Griffin the Third...

I can see where that would be confusing. "Robert Griffin throws to Garcon..." People would be asking what the heck, did RG3 throw that pass, or did his grandfather?

Actually with Griffey, they only called him "Junior." Wasn't that even MORE confusing? How the heck many "Juniors" are out there? Who caught that fly ball? Which Junior?

Weren't they both (the Griffeys) playing in the league at the same time at one point?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Weren't they both (the Griffeys) playing in the league at the same time at one point?

Does that it's his father really matter? How's that different then if any two other players have the same name? If the announcer says "Ken Griffey" and you're like, wait, another Ken Griffey is on an another team, which one are they talking about? In this case, OK, they could say Junior, but what if they aren't related. Big issue there...

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

What?

No, no, no...

How is anyone supposed to know which Bob you meant? When you said "Bob" I had no idea you meant Bob 0119. Shouldn't you use his full name?

Yes. Robert Bob the Ought One Nineteenth
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

What?

No, no, no...

Yes. Robert Bob the Ought One Nineteenth

:up:

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Heard both "RJ3" and "Robert Griffin Jr...The Third" today.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 pm

TeeterSalad wrote:Heard both "RJ3" and "Robert Griffin Jr...The Third" today.

Yes, I noticed that too. Finally the moratorium on RG3 is lifted?

And for the record, they can say Robert Griffin The Third over saying Rex Grossman all day long...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football