Vikings postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Vikings postgame thread

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

RGIII for prez.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 pm

With Morris as his running mate?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 pm

FORBATH > CUNDIFF
XVII XXII XXVI

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm

RG3 was awesome

HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm

gibbsfan wrote:RG3 was awesome

HTTR

*is always awesome
XVII XXII XXVI

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

andyjens89 wrote:
gibbsfan wrote:RG3 was awesome

HTTR

*is always awesome

HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Was at the game.....what a great effort by many players. Our d did their job in limiting the vikings to 9 when score could have been 21 - 0. Lorenzo Alexander had a great game...trent williams kept allen at bay....and rgiii....as long as he is our qb, we always have a chance.

For those who were not at the game....that stadium was loud the whole game....and on the rgiii td run, well, I have not seen the stadium rock like that too often these past 4 seasons....after the td, the chants of rgiii were deafening....

AWESOME
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:21 pm

* Great to have a kicker that can kick a 50 yard FG with ease.

* RGIII? he is the read deal and proves it each week - Did everyone notice that he new when to run out of bounds and when to stay in. He learns fast. Weatherspoon's hit might be a blessing in disguise.

* Still concerned about Kyle's play calling especially that pitch to Morirs on 3rd and 1 on the drive (or lack of) before RGIII's TD. Late in the game, crucial 3rd and 1, the Vikes keep the ball in Ponder's hands. Isn't that what we are supposed to do - keep it in the QB's hands? I like RGIII's chances better than AM on a pitch.

On the 80 yard drive after the half, RGIII motioned that he wasn't getting the play through the headsets. The Redskins score a TD. Was he lying or telling the truth about not getting the plays? I think he was lying and calling his own plays so we could score a TD. :)

* Defense? Made key plays and held them to FGs early. Finally win a game in which the D scores a TD. We are 1-3. Ponder made some very high overthrows. We are lucky we weren't playing an accurate throwing QB. Speaking of accuracy, RGIII.

Still on defense - what's up with the cover out in the flats and shallow zone? This has been a problem since 2010.

Still on defense - Up 31 - 12, Haslett first play throw the blitz at Ponder and Ponder hits a short pass to the right flat and gets a big game. This is why we can't hold leads. Haz gets a big lead, he goes back to gambling. Blitz one guy and make sure all areas are covered.

* The formula for success - RGIII calling the plays, the defense coming up with just enough plays and stops to compliment a high scoring O.

In other words, we need to outscore folks to win.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm

The Skins need to slap the franchise tag on RGIII as soon as possble! HE'S THE MAN! Nice win and a good overall game for the team...I really have only 2 observations that were a little troubling....once we were up 31-12, the D couldn't make a stop and the offesnsive play calling was way too conservative...when we needed to keep moving the chains and running the clock, we were going 3 and out and putting it all on the defense. When you've got something going on offfense that's working you stick with it, even if you're up by 19...why let an opponent back in instead of finishing them off? That aside, overall, this team is showing more potential than I've seen in years....

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:30 pm

This quote is from the gameday thread:

ferryrich wrote:not only are we giving the soft yardage, but we're giving them out of bounds too

ferryrich is 100% right on this observation. It was painful to watch professional DBs give the sideline when the object is to keep the player in bounds. The play I am thinking about was David Jones #35, of course I get why he was cut in the first place.

These are the small things that the better defenses take care of.

Hog

Postby spenser » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 pm

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Colts. This franchise has finally got it right.... with the decision taken out of our hands :D

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Still concerned about Kyle's play calling especially that pitch to Morirs on 3rd and 1 on the drive (or lack of) before RGIII's TD. Late in the game, crucial 3rd and 1, the Vikes keep the ball in Ponder's hands. Isn't that what we are supposed to do - keep it in the QB's hands? I like RGIII's chances better than AM on a pitch.

You can still hand it off to Morris, but a pitch? You're giving the defense a three yard head start. That had me scratching my head, too. :hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Are any of you watching the Packer game? THAT'S how you finish an opponent...

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 am

Red_One43 wrote:* Defense? Made key plays and held them to FGs early. Finally win a game in which the D scores a TD. We are 1-3. Ponder made some very high overthrows. We are lucky we weren't playing an accurate throwing QB. Speaking of accuracy, RGIII.

Coming into this game, RGIII led the league in completion % at 69.1

Ponder was second at 69.0

I'd say the D played pretty well even considering Ponder threw 52 times and completed 67% of his throws
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:11 am

What more is there to say that hasnt already been said. RG3 is the real deal. HTTR
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football