The Griffin Touch

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

The Griffin Touch

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Just wanted to say how sweet it is to have a QB who just throws it to receivers over and over. After the years of Jason drilling it into the ground in front of receivers and the Rex lollipops, wow. And for all you who kept arguing that Jason drilling into the ground made sense because only the receiver could catch it, though actually the receiver couldn't, I have two things to say:

1) The receiver can only catch it if you throw it in their bread basket too, and it's a lot more effective

2) :nana:

Another great thing about Giffin over both as well is his ability to make quick decisions. Like the goal line play where he turned around and a d-lineman was zeroing in and he underhand threw it straight to the back. And don't forget that he gets rid of the ball when there's nothing there and he's under pressure. He's the best QB we've had since back in the day. Not even for a rookie, he's already the best.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 pm

We r never out of a game as long as rgiii is at center.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:34 pm

after 6 games I have tampa fans, 9er fans, & bronco fans at our football Sunday fundays chanting "who's our favorite player?.....R-G-3!" YEAH BOYEE!
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

#######

Re: The Griffin Touch

Postby The Hogster » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:00 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Just wanted to say how sweet it is to have a QB who just throws it to receivers over and over. After the years of Jason drilling it into the ground in front of receivers and the Rex lollipops, wow. And for all you who kept arguing that Jason drilling into the ground made sense because only the receiver could catch it, though actually the receiver couldn't, I have two things to say:

1) The receiver can only catch it if you throw it in their bread basket too, and it's a lot more effective

Another great thing about Giffin over both as well is his ability to make quick decisions. Like the goal line play where he turned around and a d-lineman was zeroing in and he underhand threw it straight to the back. And don't forget that he gets rid of the ball when there's nothing there and he's under pressure. He's the best QB we've had since back in the day. Not even for a rookie, he's already the best.

I totally agree with this. Lightning has struck
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piglet

Postby RedskinJimmy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:45 am

Rebert Griffin III is the best .

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Just wanted to say how sweet it is to have a QB who just throws it to receivers over and over. After the years of Jason drilling it into the ground in front of receivers and the Rex lollipops, wow. And for all you who kept arguing that Jason drilling into the ground made sense because only the receiver could catch it, though actually the receiver couldn't, I have two things to say:

The JC excuse-making on this cite was unreal for close to 3 years.

At one point I felt as if there were only 2 people (myself and RayinAustin) on this cite that actually understood how BAD JC really was and how much he was setting back this franchise. Kazoo, I even recall early on a couple (not a ton but a couple) pro-JC posts from you too.....

But we are seeing what good QB play looks like now -- a QB that can actually make plays and doesn't need an all-pro at every position to look adequate. As I have said: a QB makes everyone around them look better -- it's not the other way around.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:16 pm

"Black Jesus" - Sleepy Davis
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm

markshark84 wrote:

The JC excuse-making on this cite was unreal for close to 3 years.

At one point I felt as if there were only 2 people (myself and RayinAustin) on this cite that actually understood how BAD JC really was and how much he was setting back this franchise. Kazoo, I even recall early on a couple (not a ton but a couple) pro-JC posts from you too.....

But we are seeing what good QB play looks like now -- a QB that can actually make plays and doesn't need an all-pro at every position to look adequate. As I have said: a QB makes everyone around them look better -- it's not the other way around.

Given the turd and ish sandwich that the redskins had on the team behind Jason (Brunell and Collins in 06/07; Collins and Brennan 08; Collins 09), I have always been curious as to precisely who the redskins could have gone with instead of campbell. That is and always was my biggest problem with the JC bashing.

Now, as between JC and Griffin. Wait, that isn't right, those names shouldn't even be in the same sentence. As between JC. And Griffin; I'm actually shocked that Kaz even made the comparison the difference is so complete startling and unfair. Griffin is a once in a generation QB (I know some like to (the) post(er) about vick griffin comparisons, but they simply aren't there. This is what a franchise quarterback is as opposed to just the guy who is playing quarterback (that'd be what Campbell was) or to the guy that is so worthless he couldn't hack it in the CFL and is getting arrested for drugs in Hawaii or to the career journeyman (Collins) or whatever scrap Brunell turned into after that one dallas game.

Oh and Griffin has only played 6 games in the NFL.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Not a lot of guys could follow up being voted Rookie of the Month with a performance like Griffin had yesterday.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm

markshark84 wrote:The JC excuse-making on this cite was unreal for close to 3 years.

Because Campbell wasn't a great QB, therefore the most negative, shrill critics must have been right? :roll:

I think there was quite a range of realistic perspectives on him during his time in DC. Yes, there were some unrealistic excuses, just as some others seemed hell bent on finding fault with the way he drank his Gatorade (cough), and both extremes were . . . well, extreme.

Keep in mind that even though he departed after an unsuccessful stint, you could still have been pretty wrong about him, as far as facts were concerned.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm

cvillehog wrote:Not a lot of guys could follow up being voted Rookie of the Month with a performance like Griffin had yesterday.

I agree. It's the consistency behind his good performances that "scares" me the most. Apparently nobody has told RGIII that he's a rookie.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
cvillehog wrote:Not a lot of guys could follow up being voted Rookie of the Month with a performance like Griffin had yesterday.

I agree. It's the consistency behind his good performances that "scares" me the most. Apparently nobody has told RGIII that he's a rookie.
Just think! If it's "scary" to you, what terror must be in the hearts of the residents of Jersey, Philly, and that town near Dallas... :twisted:

Light 'em up, Bob!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm

The guy in his rookie season is already better than michael vick for his entire career......the young man is smart and studies play....very humble...qualities that mark a great qb.....he got a concussion and he apologize to his teammates....who does that?

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Only thing I will say is Jason never had a line... ever
RGIII and the terrible D

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

fetus wrote:Only thing I will say is Jason never had a line... ever

What are you talking about? At one time he had pro bowl tackles (Samuels and Jansen) and a very good guard-center combination in Randy Thomas and Rabach. The line was good enough to sustain 1200+ yard seasons for Portis. It was good enough that he should have been more productive.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football