[CENSORED] John Mara: Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm

You have to play two deep in that situation .... keep the play in front of you and let the clock roll ... it is GROSS INCOMPETENCE to allow a wide receiver to get 5 yards behind the defense straight down the middle of the field.

You can't blame defenses when great plays are made ... but that was purely unacceptable from a defensive scheme. I know you don't want to let them get in FG range to tie it ... but you just can't let them get behind you for the win.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Sometimes I wonder if there's a grand scheme by someone to give us fans hope over and over, and then crush it into a fine paste in front of us for their amusement.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby Krisk86 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:Lol...nothing is more unacceptable than giving up a long td with a little over a minute left in the game. Major changes need to happen

I'd start with Haslett

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Hooligan wrote:Sometimes I wonder if there's a grand scheme by someone to give us fans hope over and over, and then crush it into a fine paste in front of us for their amusement.

Yeah, but this isn't our year. We have hope and direction. Something we haven't had in a VERY long time.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Krisk86 wrote:
Jeremy81 wrote:Lol...nothing is more unacceptable than giving up a long td with a little over a minute left in the game. Major changes need to happen

I'd start with Haslett

Me too. He needs to go at the end of the year. I would try to buy Wade Phillips. Tell Danny boy to throw 3 mill at him and see if he comes to DC. He's a texas guy though so it wouldn't be easy.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Fred Davis is done for the year... WOW
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Cooley?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:31 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Cooley?

:up:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Krisk86 wrote:

I'd start with Haslett

Williams was flat footed, and Cruz ran past Wilson like he was a defensive tackle.

Given the repeated failure of the secondary in giving up big plays ... and Eli's ability to make big plays late ... you just have to have at LEAST a single high safety to not allow them to get behind you.

This is the kinda thing that isn't just getting beat on a great play, it's an absurd failure in defensive strategy.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Ie bad call by the DC.
Fire him,
Give Raheem the reins for the rest of the year and see what happens. Playing madden with no coaching expeirience, I would have had hthe safeties pretty damn deep. Blitz Kerrigan and drop Rob into coverage w Fletcher and send riley or omg. Not the best recipe but hope pressure = bad throw hope for int or sack. Worst case give up an intermediate pass. Not a bomb with just over a minute left... That's just ignant
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Krisk86 wrote:

I'd start with Haslett

It goes higher up than that. Who decided to switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 when our personnel wasn't suited to it? Who hired Haslett? Who has the final say on personnel?

Look back at Shanahan's last few years in Denver. Filled with terrible personnel moves on D, and a team with a good offense but a terrible defense.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm so sick of the defense ... not the Redskin defense ... but the defense of this Shanahan clan who are now 14-25 with the redskins .... worse than Zorn, and just a putrid record, after finishing 500 in the last three years in Denver.

How long can this guy ride Elway's coat tails and those ancient history Super Bowls?

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:18 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Krisk86 wrote:

I'd start with Haslett

It goes higher up than that. Who decided to switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 when our personnel wasn't suited to it? Who hired Haslett? Who has the final say on personnel?

Look back at Shanahan's last few years in Denver. Filled with terrible personnel moves on D, and a team with a good offense but a terrible defense.

That's my point ... but it's not just the defense either ... Hankerson is very average in my opinion ... Briscoe? Why did we let Armstrong go, when he had proven to be a deep threat ? (when we had a QB who could throw a deep ball), and then we've had Moss sorta put on the shelf as if he was done, until recently, with Garcon out.

Overall, the personnel thing is a mixed bag ... but without RG3 the Redskins would likely be 0-7 right now ... how Shanahan escapes extreme criticism blows my mind.

Postby hakeemthedream » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Cruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:24 pm

So Shanny is to blame for the countless injuries to our backfield, and our two starting paws rushers.. but gets zero credit for RGiii and morris right?
Might as well blame him for big Fred and garçons injuries too.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football