[CENSORED] John Mara: Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Leg whip penalty.
Bradshaw phantom TD.
One Holding Penalty on the Gints all day.

Fred Davis illegal shift
Hall late hit
Do I need to go on?
The refs weren't going to let us win if they could help it, and they could.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Bradshaw phantom TD.

Fred Davis illegal shift
Hall late hit
Do I need to go on?

Knew it was gonna be a long day when they called offsides on the opening kickoff.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Bradshaw phantom TD.

Fred Davis illegal shift
Hall late hit
Do I need to go on?

Knew it was gonna be a long day when they called offsides on the opening kickoff.

Especially when the replay showed he was clearly on sides. :evil:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:Cruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you're honest, you know the Skins (and RGIII) outplayed the G-strings and Sheli. If Moss doesn't fumble, RGIII leads us back again. You were crapping bricks after that last TD drive.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:So Shanny is to blame for the countless injuries to our backfield, and our two starting paws rushers.. but gets zero credit for RGiii and morris right?
Might as well blame him for big Fred and garçons injuries too.

Ultimately he gets credit for everything .... including a 14 and 25 record.

You tell me what a .350 winning percentage gets ANY coach? A freaking bus ticket out out of town.

No excuses .. no cry baby nonsense about injuries ..... he took over a pretty decent defense 2 1/2 years ago, and turned it into everybody's Btch.

And no, he gets no credit for picking RG3 ..... a hobo on the street corner would have made that pick .... except some of the morons who said the Redskins traded too much.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm

By the way ... who was responsible for the salary shananigans that cost this team the Gazzillion dollars in cap that probably had a lot to do with using statues as defensive backs?

Wilson and Williams literally looked like the Washington Monument out there, with Cruz running past them like they were standing still.

Everyone throws for 300+ yards against these clowns ... but that play to Cruz highlights the total failure .... how do you let this guy get 5 yards behind you when you start out with the intent to double him? Cruz had Wilson beat by 5 yards just 10 yards into his rout ... and Williams stands there flat footed as Cruz blows by him .... I'd check these guys bank accounts to see if there were any unusual deposits over the past week ... it's almost as if they were not even trying to cover him.

And this falls right back on the DC .... if these guys can't run ... then you have to play someone deep ... you've got to have someone that stays in front of the play.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Unfortunately it is too late now. We have to see this through. I was against a zone blocking scheme. I like smash mouth. I also was against switching to a 34 defense but if we switch back (via new coaches) it is way more rebuilding. We have to see this through now to the end. On a high note we are younger and our offense is scoring.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, you can't criticize the zone blocking .. the running game is solid, and the offense is scoring. If anything, there is some questionable play calling.

But without RG3, this team wouldn't have much of a chance of beating anyone at this point.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Our team is not as strong as it needs to be in certain areas, that is certain. However, I still can't forgive what seems to be home-cookin' for the Giants in this game. Those bad calls we all saw impacted the game. Even the one close call for the Giants, the Bradshaw TD, went their way when it likely shouldn't have. A leg whip? Who the hell calls a leg whip? Seriously?!? And, what does Kerrigan need to do -- rather who should he do -- to get a holding penalty?

It's bugged me for years that highlight shows won't talk about plys like this. It's not the full story of the game. End of rant.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:46 pm

RayNAustin wrote: how do you let this guy get 5 yards behind you when you start out with the intent to double him?

Seriously! When you realize he is about to blow past you, you should just tackle him in that situation. At best it's a five yard illegal contact penalty, at worst it's pass interference. You can't just let him go by untouched, though. That's pathetic.

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby hakeemthedream » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:Cruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you're honest, you know the Skins (and RGIII) outplayed the G-strings and Sheli. If Moss doesn't fumble, RGIII leads us back again. You were crapping bricks after that last TD drive.

It's not the Giants fault your team doesn't know how to protect the football. Good game though

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm

By the way, this Redskins team will sweep the Cowturds this year.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Well, you can't criticize the zone blocking .. the running game is solid, and the offense is scoring. If anything, there is some questionable play calling.

But without RG3, this team wouldn't have much of a chance of beating anyone at this point.

I only criticize it because I don't see it wearing down defenses. I know that it is designed to wear down defenses. I would rather punch them in the mouth instead of finesse play.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm

All i can say is ....too many turnovers but
thanks RG3 for putting the skins in position
To win.Like i said the D had to make a play and instead they were on a cruz in the secondary

secondary.

Damn
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:02 pm

This might have been mentioned before -

The turning point of the game was the nonpenalty on Polumbus that took away Morris run to the 12. Next play, Morris fumbles. We get the ball back and Wilson intercepts. RGIII double clutches and throws an INT that leads to a Giant's TD. All that because of a nonpenalty - check me on this, but I didn't see any contact and have seen several times players stick a leg out and it never gets called.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football