Giants Fan Here

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby rskin72 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Good point 43. One very nice thing about our offense has been its ability to adjust to what the defense is doing.....may take a couple of series, but fairly timely adjustments seem to be the norm for us on offense.

Loss of garcon hurts.....but rgiii has spread the ball around to his other receivers.

And...also agree that we have done ok vs your team the past couple of seasons.....and while your playmakers are pretty much same as we beat last season.....we have a couple of new playmakers that u have seen only on film. On sunday, u will have the chance to see them up close and personal.....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 am

hakeemthedream wrote:RG3 has yet to see what he's about to Sunday, I think he's going to struggle, as the Giants have played scrambling QBs well so far this season.

That might be true, if RG3 were a scrambling QB. But he's a pocket passer who just happens to be a threat to run.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:23 am

This is probably the most complete team the skins have faced this year. It'll be a daunting task to win this on the road but ,as we've seen so far this year, not impossible.

As for Mr. JPP, every time a Giant opens his mouth about this team, they get embarrassed. Last time I checked he has to line up across from T. Williams, not RGIII. In the words of Ric Flair "To be the man you gotta beat the man, WOOOOOO!". Something he has yet to do. If the Giants D ends intend to set the edge and keep contain all day, theyre in trouble. That D is better suited to playing aggresive and coming hard. Something that gets overlooked with RGIII is, if you give him time, he will pick apart a defense. Just look at the completion % and turnover ratio.

I take nothing from last years games, that Giants team was more flawed/injured (at the times we played them) than they will be on Sunday.

The real test comes to our defense. Yes, there have been improvements but, in order to win Sunday it has to be thier best game to date and thats a tall order.

Should be a good game , hopefully both sides come out of it healthy.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:RG3 has yet to see what he's about to Sunday, I think he's going to struggle, as the Giants have played scrambling QBs well so far this season.

That might be true, if RG3 were a scrambling QB. But he's a pocket passer who just happens to be a threat to run.

RG3 is not the QB you should worry about struggling

ATT COMP YDS TD INT
25 15 161 0 1
29 17 243 1 1
32 18 268 0 1
40 23 251 0 3

Postby hakeemthedream » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:09 am

While I understand your guys confidence in your quarterback, I still don't know if you will be able to slow down our offense at full strength. I think David Wilson could be poised for big game on offense and returning kicks with AB maybe being a bit worn down after those last 2 weeks. Our receiving core healthy in my opinion, is the best in the entire league. Outside of just saying look at the last 2 games, how do you think you will stop us?

Postby hakeemthedream » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:17 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

ATT COMP YDS TD INT
25 15 161 0 1
29 17 243 1 1
32 18 268 0 1
40 23 251 0 3

Ok, so you've played Eli well his last few games. I also recall us beating you 6 games in a row up until last year, what is your point

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:43 am

hakeemthedream wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

ATT COMP YDS TD INT
25 15 161 0 1
29 17 243 1 1
32 18 268 0 1
40 23 251 0 3

Ok, so you've played Eli well his last few games. I also recall us beating you 6 games in a row up until last year, what is your point

He is why NY lost the last two games not your D-line. 1 TD to 6 INT Not good at all man.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

Skins 38, Giants 31

..some random scoring I just made up but check this out..

Score tied 31-31 in 4th Qtr with 1:23 left.. Skins ball on 50 yard line thanks to fumble by the backup RB David wus his face.. RG3 gets the snap and JPP gets through the line, RG3 gives him a fake and JPP goes down holding his ankle.. scrambling to the outside he spots Santana Moss running down the field wide open like a hooker's you know what.. Bob throws it, Moss catches it.. TOUUUCCHHDOOOWWNN!!

... giants get the kickoff and Eli turns over the ball with a sack-fumble, Skins run down the clock, Eli cries and calls big brother Peyton to complain.. Game over, Giants still suck.

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

hakeemthedream wrote:While I understand your guys confidence in your quarterback, I still don't know if you will be able to slow down our offense at full strength. I think David Wilson could be poised for big game on offense and returning kicks with AB maybe being a bit worn down after those last 2 weeks. Our receiving core healthy in my opinion, is the best in the entire league. Outside of just saying look at the last 2 games, how do you think you will stop us?

Atlanta has the best WR corps, and we slowed them down to where if RG3 had been in the game at the end, I think we score the winning TD on one of those Cousins INT drives. Stopping the run has not been our problem. I'm pretty sure no one has run for more than 70 yards against us, and we've faced plenty of good backs. We are number eight against the run, giving up 88.8 YPG. Once we make you one dimensional, it will all be on Sheli, and he will fold like a cheap umbrella. Maybe Kerrigan gets two returns for TDs this game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

<--- doing the Riggo bow
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 am

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:While I understand your guys confidence in your quarterback, I still don't know if you will be able to slow down our offense at full strength. I think David Wilson could be poised for big game on offense and returning kicks with AB maybe being a bit worn down after those last 2 weeks. Our receiving core healthy in my opinion, is the best in the entire league. Outside of just saying look at the last 2 games, how do you think you will stop us?

Atlanta has the best WR corps, and we slowed them down to where if RG3 had been in the game at the end, I think we score the winning TD on one of those Cousins INT drives. Stopping the run has not been our problem. I'm pretty sure no one has run for more than 70 yards against us, and we've faced plenty of good backs. We are number eight against the run, giving up 88.8 YPG. Once we make you one dimensional, it will all be on Sheli, and he will fold like a cheap umbrella. Maybe Kerrigan gets two returns for TDs this game.

If the skins can fix the 4th quarter D all will be good. We have giving up 69 points in the 4th quarter and just 64 in the other 3. If they play like they do in 3rd we would be the best team in the nfl right now just 13 points in 5 games in the 3rd quarter

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:32 pm

The Skins beat the Gints twice last year with Sexy Rexy...RGII is infinitely better than Rexy...I like our chances in this one...

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

If we beat the NYG with RG3andout (as I-forget-who dubbed him this offseason), we have a real show with RGIII. But, of course, anything can happen on Sunday!

Postby hakeemthedream » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:49 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Skins 38, Giants 31

..some random scoring I just made up but check this out..

Score tied 31-31 in 4th Qtr with 1:23 left.. Skins ball on 50 yard line thanks to fumble by the backup RB David wus his face.. RG3 gets the snap and JPP gets through the line, RG3 gives him a fake and JPP goes down holding his ankle.. scrambling to the outside he spots Santana Moss running down the field wide open like a hooker's you know what.. Bob throws it, Moss catches it.. TOUUUCCHHDOOOWWNN!!

... giants get the kickoff and Eli turns over the ball with a sack-fumble, Skins run down the clock, Eli cries and calls big brother Peyton to complain.. Game over, Giants still suck.
8)

i think your all overrating your quarterback a little bit honestly. He's been in the NFL for 6 games, and you honestly talk like hes better than Eli, which is a joke. I think you should be more worried about our 2 time Superbowl MVP Quarterback torching your 32nd ranked pass defense than anything else, because quite frankly I think Eli is going to have a field day.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Eli's good, but also the luckiest SOB in the game.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football