Giants Fan Here

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey, another giant fan here !

The game on the 21st was and excellent game , lived up to the hype. Now , I realize you did not get the outcome you desired, we did . that being said, here is a little gift from Eli to you guys. keep it or add it to your corner backs playbook , quote:
How to win... “I didn’t think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him.” -- Eli Manning. football 101!

next football clinic will be in Dec. DeAngelo can come a little early and takes come notes! all welcome!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 pm

tcseacliff wrote:Hey, another giant fan here !

The game on the 21st was and excellent game , lived up to the hype. Now , I realize you did not get the outcome you desired, we did . that being said, here is a little gift from Eli to you guys. keep it or add it to your corner backs playbook , quote:
How to win... “I didn’t think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him.” -- Eli Manning. football 101!

next football clinic will be in Dec. DeAngelo can come a little early and takes come notes! all welcome!

Yeah we get that but, it might be premature to gloat when there is still another game to be played. Will you come back here and say I am an @ss and I shouldn't be taunting Skins fans?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????

Just sayin'...

I don't think anyone has to "pretend" that Eli is a great QB. In 7 seasons, he has taken his team to the playoffs 5 times and won 2 SBs. In his first full season he took a team that was 6-10 in the prior year to 11-5 and has never had a losing season in New York since becoming the starter. He has also made 2 pro bowls and has 2 SB MVP awards. He currently leads the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, and 10th in QB Rating.

Not sure how that doesn't qualify as "great". If it doesn't, I would love to know what does -- because if so there are only about 5-10 QBs in the history of the NFL that may fit the definition.

Don't confuse what the team has done with what one player has done...is Eli responsible for the team's success? For some of it, certainly, but don't give me this garbage that Eli's had a winning season every year and he's won 2 SBs....HE didn't do that, the TEAM did it...if the Redskins were as good of a TEAM as the Giants, they'd be winning SBs too...

Seriously! If that was Peyton, and not Sheli, the G-strings would have won 5 or 6 SBs instead of two.

There is no way to know, but I doubt that very seriously!
Eli might have won 5 or 6 with Indy, but that is just speculation, just like yours was.

When are some people going to let go of the retarded stance that Eli is not a great QB? He won two SBs with the Giants and yes they has a good team and yes the team had a lot to do with it, but make no mistake they don't win them with out him!

It isn't like the Giants are the 82, 87, or 91 Skins where all they needed was competent QB play. No, the Giants needed exceptional, even great play from their QB. They had many holes all over that team. Sure their pass rush is fantastic, but their secondary was well below average, and their LBs weren't anything specially. They had a terrible OL and average run game and their WRs looked better than what they are because of Manning.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm

“I didn’t think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him.” -- Eli Manning.
If the pass had been any crappier, Cruz couldn't have caught it. As it was, he had to slow way down and catch it at his hip. Any NFL QB could have made that pass. Why everyone gives Sheli credit for these amazing plays his receivers make is beyond me.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????

Just sayin'...

I don't think anyone has to "pretend" that Eli is a great QB. In 7 seasons, he has taken his team to the playoffs 5 times and won 2 SBs. In his first full season he took a team that was 6-10 in the prior year to 11-5 and has never had a losing season in New York since becoming the starter. He has also made 2 pro bowls and has 2 SB MVP awards. He currently leads the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, and 10th in QB Rating.

Not sure how that doesn't qualify as "great". If it doesn't, I would love to know what does -- because if so there are only about 5-10 QBs in the history of the NFL that may fit the definition.

Don't confuse what the team has done with what one player has done...is Eli responsible for the team's success? For some of it, certainly, but don't give me this garbage that Eli's had a winning season every year and he's won 2 SBs....HE didn't do that, the TEAM did it...if the Redskins were as good of a TEAM as the Giants, they'd be winning SBs too...

Seriously! If that was Peyton, and not Sheli, the G-strings would have won 5 or 6 SBs instead of two.

There is no way to know, but I doubt that very seriously!
Eli might have won 5 or 6 with Indy, but that is just speculation, just like yours was.

When are some people going to let go of the retarded stance that Eli is not a great QB? He won two SBs with the Giants and yes they has a good team and yes the team had a lot to do with it, but make no mistake they don't win them with out him!

It isn't like the Giants are the 82, 87, or 91 Skins where all they needed was competent QB play. No, the Giants needed exceptional, even great play from their QB. They had many holes all over that team. Sure their pass rush is fantastic, but their secondary was well below average, and their LBs weren't anything specially. They had a terrible OL and average run game and their WRs looked better than what they are because of Manning.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:When are some people going to let go of the retarded stance that Eli is not a great QB?

When some people stop giving him credit for the great plays other people make. Sheli is not a great QB. He's not even top 5.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:“I didn’t think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him.” -- Eli Manning.
If the pass had been any crappier, Cruz couldn't have caught it. As it was, he had to slow way down and catch it at his hip. Any NFL QB could have made that pass. Why everyone gives Sheli credit for these amazing plays his receivers make is beyond me.

what game were you watching ? you say Cruz had to "slow way down'? and , if that is the case, your man ,STILL couldn't make a play?! BHUAAHHHHH! nuff said! . yeah, this is not the Giants of the old days, who is, we have new rookies, same as you, injuries etc, and Eli was not on his best, but our TEAM stepped up to find a way to win, and it that means exploiting a lapse in defense, well, any given Sunday ! and this post was not a gloat. it was an olive branch, gave you a winning formula for your CB. sounds like they need it!

and last point, if Eli threw it crappier , Cruz would have missed it ? this is your idea of Redskins in-depth analysis? that is true for ANY pass! point is , it WAS a good throw, It WAS a good catch, FTW! and go back and read the beginning , I said it was an excellent game ,lived up to the hype, was not gloating, your CB Hill was complaining. where should I send the CHEESE for his WHINE?!!

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

Yeah we get that but, it might be premature to gloat when there is still another game to be played. Will you come back here and say I am an @ss and I shouldn't be taunting Skins fans?

I was not gloating?? this game could have went either way, but fell our way, that is not a "gloat"? besides DeAngelo was taunting us with HIS premature statement. i expect things like he said from a drunk in the stands! I was really worried about if we were up to playing at the level you guys were at , with our injuries, but all around was a good game period!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

tcseacliff wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

I was not gloating?? this game could have went either way, but fell our way, that is not a "gloat"? besides DeAngelo was taunting us with HIS premature statement. i expect things like he said from a drunk in the stands! I was really worried about if we were up to playing at the level you guys were at , with our injuries, but all around was a good game period!

Ok you weren't. This is what I understand it to be http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gloating. Thats ok all forgiven. Welcome aboard.

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 pm

my daughter is a jets fan (insert faceplant here!) she runs into that a lot. there are many Giant fans that are pure idiots. can't fix stupid!

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/video ... 9c3512bb17

do me a favor and watch this video! this is why we like Eli, no sass, so venom, to us real fans, a class act! impressive !

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

tcseacliff wrote:my daughter is a jets fan (insert faceplant here!) she runs into that a lot. there are many Giant fans that are pure idiots. can't fix stupid!

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/video ... 9c3512bb17

do me a favor and watch this video! this is why we like Eli, no sass, so venom, to us real fans, a class act! impressive !

Generally I only have a serious dislike to the Giants. Jets I don't feel anything towards. You have to understand I have lost hundreds to a Giants fan during the 80s, and when I won in 91; I had to literally pull teeth to get him to pay. I know the Giants aren't jack@sses because they have some class. If we are talking about Tiki then a different case. He even ticks off Giants (ELI) All are welcome here and I understand your intent because of Meangelos big mouth. Keep in mind there are many Skins fans here that do not particularly like his mouth either.

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Tikki is a a**hole for sure, same with Plaxico! him i hated. the real solace i have now is Tkki must be kicking himself now for being a real douche ! bet he wishes he was here now!
I have the same problem with Yankee fans, dregs! hate them, especially the way they brag, no class, it has gotten worse over the decades for sports, but being in the Bronx, worse that ever. you will very rarely hear Eli with that type of trash talk, he saves it for the field, as they should. look at the dip sh*t fans that cheered Matt Cassel getting hurt! I do have a tough time being a giant fan , gotta put a bag on my head sometimes! see you guys in Dec!

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm

forgot to add Jerry Jones of the COWGIRLS ! now, there is nothing to like there! I hope Tynes can kick one through the glass and break that idiots nose!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

LMAO!!!! They can't help what they say. Hell I can't either. I think I will get another beer. cheers!!!!!!

Postby tcseacliff » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 pm

for real! yeah , we should let them know a closed mouth gathers no feet ! salut!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football