Get Cooley Back...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:07 pm

From the Bleacher:

Cooley is only a few months removed from the organization. He knows the offense and could be plugged in right away. It should be noted that he was only released because he wanted to be a starter and Washington was committed to having Davis start at tight end.

Now that the starting hurdle has been cleared, the two sides should reach a quick agreement and have Cooley at the facility on Tuesday.

Washington has a supremely winnable game at Pittsburgh in Week 8. In order to put their best foot forward, the Skins need to get the most talented and knowledgeable replacement they can for Davis.

And they know just where to find him.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Mike Jones‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Confirmed that the #Redskins will be bringing Chris Cooley back

Mike Jones is a reliable source for Redskin news - Cooley is back!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Sucks it had to come this way, but at least Chris will be on the team when we win the SB this year.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Chris.....
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

...... Cooley
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:26 pm

......IS COMING BACK..........HAIL...!!!

how's that for clever posting?
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 pm

I can see that you are excited, Tribe, but really... once is enough. :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 pm

honestly...I just pressed ONCE.
I'm not trying to pad my posts.....hahaha

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:This would be a smart move IMO. Cooley knows this offense. If he's healthy and if he's in shape, I say bring the brutha back.

I was a little put back by his ego. I'd ask him some hard questions if he's found a little humility before pulling the trigger given that 31 other teams have passed on him. I'm surprised to be saying that after his tenure here, but I was shocked at some of his statements reflecting a complete lack of a grasp of reality of his situation.

You haven't been following the league this year huh. The Raiders and Jets both reached out to him. If I remember correctly Dallas also offered him contract. Cooley turned down all 3 teams and I'm sure there were more offers given the rash of injuries at the position. I wouldn't be shocked if he and the expected him to be back at some point anyways this year. Maybe post bye week.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:This would be a smart move IMO. Cooley knows this offense. If he's healthy and if he's in shape, I say bring the brutha back.

I was a little put back by his ego. I'd ask him some hard questions if he's found a little humility before pulling the trigger given that 31 other teams have passed on him. I'm surprised to be saying that after his tenure here, but I was shocked at some of his statements reflecting a complete lack of a grasp of reality of his situation.

Ego? WTF are you talking about? The guy got several offers, but turned them all down because he only really wants to play for the Skins. And you want to chalk that up to ego? Dude, you're the one who needs a reality check.

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 am

frankcal20 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

You haven't been following the league this year huh. The Raiders and Jets both reached out to him. If I remember correctly Dallas also offered him contract. Cooley turned down all 3 teams and I'm sure there were more offers given the rash of injuries at the position. I wouldn't be shocked if he and the expected him to be back at some point anyways this year. Maybe post bye week.

NE, Miami, and KC and there may be one or two more... he turned them all down stating if he played again he'd be wearing a Washington Redskins uniform :rock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 am

1niksder wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

NE, Miami, and KC and there may be one or two more... he turned them all down stating if he played again he'd be wearing a Washington Redskins uniform :rock:

That's just his ego talking. :roll:

Seriously though, we will go on a winning streak, now that we have righted the wrong done to this core Redskin. :up:

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 am

frankcal20 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

You haven't been following the league this year huh?

For you to say he changed his mind or even that his statements at the time were overblown could be completely reasonable, but that you have no idea what I'm referring to isn't.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Please, and thank you.

Oh and give Raheem morris the dc job

Maybe move shall to safety it can't get any worse .

Silver lining- rgiii for another rookie of the week nominee

Yes on Cooley, but no on Morris. Raheem's in charge of the achilles heal of our D. If fact, he is most likely the individual most responsible for our secondary play and in effect, our horrendous D. I would fire him after the season......

Promoting the defenses' most underperforming defensive coach just doesn't make much sense to me...........

Try to buy Wade Phillips (although he will most likely get a HC job again in the near future)....... what is Blanche up to these days? Could think about him. He was always decent in DC, but does run a 4-3, which may be an issue.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football