Are we handling injuries correctly?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: The Washington Injuries

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

IMO if we lose Fletcher our holes in defense will be hard to over come.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:We should change our name to the Washington Injuries. I want to know WHY every year we suffer multiple season ending team devastating injuries, and it seems the more $ a player makes the higher likelihood he will go down. You know who won't get hurt this year? Alfred Morris because he needs to get P A I D. Our training staff must suck and our conditioning is not on point & I hope we have strong injured clauses.

If you go into every year with the expectation that we aren't going to lose a few guys for the season, then you are going to be disappointed year in and year out, as it sounds like you are. Why not change your expectations to bring them in line with what the typical NFL team goes through? As others have pointed out, our real problem is depth, not the rate at which our players get injured.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

I said when the Shans first got here it would take 7 years. Some people were saying nah, 3 years. I wasn't even expecting the Mara/Goodell penalization. Now that we have a QB, I still expect a few more years before we are solid in being consistent winners.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 am

Irn-Bru wrote: ..If you go into every year with the expectation that we aren't going to lose a few guys for the season, then you are going to be disappointed year in and year out ... Why not change your expectations to bring them in line with what the typical NFL team goes through? As others have pointed out, our real problem is depth, not the rate at which our players get injured.

+1 - Depth is absolutely key ...

Teams with good to great depth do not have as many injuries BECAUSE they have other players that can play at a similar level
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football