Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:24 am

Funny, When Jackson scored that TD after RG3s first pick I thought to myself that "the hate on DHall morons" would be out. To the football novice it looked like Hall was burnt on that play, when the culprit was the safety (I think Rambo in that case). The "horse colar" didn't look like he was trying to pull him down, but mearly holding on and then Jackson slipped after he went off field and his feet went forward. The refs had to call the horse colar because Hall did pull him down by his shulder pads, but what ticket me off was they didn't throw the flag for the retailiation whne Jackson shoved Hall back to the ground as he was trying to get up.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This thread was and is still.......dumb.

D Hall didn't lose us this game. SMH

You're right...but there's got to be someone for people to blame since Griffin is untouchable.

Why should we blame any one player for that loss? RGIII took plenty of criticism last night and if you listened to his post game last night he completely owned his role.

I was being sarcastic and a bit facetious.

Gotcha! We need some kind of [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag. Doesn't always come across on here.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:21 pm

There is a reason coaches resist starting rookie safeties. Laron didn't start until his 4th or 5th game. There's just too much to learn. I still have high hopes for Rambo, but that had to be a difficult set of lessons.

We'd have been so much better served by Reed... say what you will... Reed Doughty would not have missed most of those tackles. He may be slow, but he doesn't make many mistakes, and he knows how to break down a runner in the open field.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This thread was and is still.......dumb.

D Hall didn't lose us this game. SMH

No mention of his smart play to pursue the lateral and return it for a TD. Nah, ignore that. Nothing to see there.

Sure, I wish DHall weren't so talkative -- except when he gets in Dallas' head. However, he is a talented corner. if he weren't, he wouldn't be starting. Simple.
Several Redskins went for the ball when it hit the ground and Hall was the closest. Glad he picked up the ball and ran it in, can't take that from him.

Only reason he is still starting for this team is we have major cap penalties and the secondary is a disaster and he is the best of bad options. I'd still cut him for being him.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

swine

Postby RG3peat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Nobody said he lost the game...that being said, he cant help himself for getting 15 yd penalties all year long....His best football is hehind him and I hope hes shown the door at years end...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 am

Hall played well. He's not a problem at all, though the penalty was annoying. What in the world would cutting him accomplish at this stage?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:48 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Hall played well. He's not a problem at all, though the penalty was annoying. What in the world would cutting him accomplish at this stage?

I guess it would satisfy the need for fans to make stupid, knee jerk reactions. lol.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:09 pm

They all have their hands full with a rookie safety, so they should get a good deal of slack.

Minnifield will probably take his roster spot next year.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:15 pm

They all have their hands full with a rookie safety, so they should get a good deal of slack.

Minnifield will probably take his roster spot next year.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is a reason coaches resist starting rookie safeties. Laron didn't start until his 4th or 5th game. There's just too much to learn. I still have high hopes for Rambo, but that had to be a difficult set of lessons.

We'd have been so much better served by Reed... say what you will... Reed Doughty would not have missed most of those tackles. He may be slow, but he doesn't make many mistakes, and he knows how to break down a runner in the open field.

Unless my eyes are lying to me, I thought I saw some pretty nice flashes of improvements on his tackling. However, I saw a lot more terrible errors.

In other words, he seems to be improving on some plays in a great way, but then goes right back to missed tackles.

I was unsure about Rambo for a long time before the draft. I'm too hopeful to answer this honestly for myself so I ask you all now:

Do you feel Rambo can improve into something great or does he not have the "minerals" and can simply only improve to being a "good" safety?

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is a reason coaches resist starting rookie safeties. Laron didn't start until his 4th or 5th game. There's just too much to learn. I still have high hopes for Rambo, but that had to be a difficult set of lessons.

Unless my eyes are lying to me, I thought I saw some pretty nice flashes of improvements on his tackling. However, I saw a lot more terrible errors.

In other words, he seems to be improving on some plays in a great way, but then goes right back to missed tackles.

I was unsure about Rambo for a long time before the draft. I'm too hopeful to answer this honestly for myself so I ask you all now:

Do you feel Rambo can improve into something great or does he not have the "minerals" and can simply only improve to being a "good" safety?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Rambo is a natural free safety. Yet, circumstances found him filling the SS role, with baffles me... Why was he in that role, and not Reed. Doughty might not be as strong in coverage... but, as I noted in another thread, he does not make mistakes, and knows how to break down a runner in the open.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:Rambo is a natural free safety. Yet, circumstances found him filling the SS role, with baffles me... Why was he in that role, and not Reed. Doughty might not be as strong in coverage... but, as I noted in another thread, he does not make mistakes, and knows how to break down a runner in the open.

Strange. Why not put Meriweather at SS & Rambo at FS then? Unless that's what they have been doing when Meriweather is in.

Any updates on T. Jackson?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Rambo is a natural free safety. Yet, circumstances found him filling the SS role, with baffles me... Why was he in that role, and not Reed. Doughty might not be as strong in coverage... but, as I noted in another thread, he does not make mistakes, and knows how to break down a runner in the open.

Strange. Why not put Meriweather at SS & Rambo at FS then? Unless that's what they have been doing when Meriweather is in.

Merriweather was inactive with a groin strain. I think they were hoping that Rambo's speed would cover his inexperience... oops.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:34 am

Countertrey wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

Merriweather was inactive with a groin strain. I think they were hoping that Rambo's speed would cover his inexperience... oops.

I don't think it was rambo's speed they were relying on. I think I've read that they were worried about the speed of the eagles skill positions and put ej biggers at free because he is faster than reed and more experienced than Rambo, and put Rambo at strong to keep him on the field. Hindsight being 20/20, I guess biggers and reed or Rambo free and reed strong, leaving biggers at his natural corner couldn't have been worse?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football