Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like the NFL is going to suspend Hall

much as I do not like the way Godahell does a lot of things - Hall needs to see that there is absolutely no place for behaving as he did

The Redskins should also do something as well
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm glad to hear that it sounds like the NFL is going to suspend Hall

much as I do not like the way Godahell does a lot of things - Hall needs to see that there is absolutely no place for behaving as he did

Was thinking the same thing. Suspend him for the rest of the year. No joke. Does it hurt? Absolutely, but it's for the teams own good. We need a lamb at the bye.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:30 am

I really can't agree with the consensus opinion on this. Given Hall's interview claiming that the Ref was "giving as good as he was getting" ... and then I look at the still pictures and see two refs apparently jawing big time at Hall, with some very nasty looks on their faces ... I'm not sure it's fair to put it all on Hall the way you guys are doing.

First and foremost, the Refs are out there to make calls, and not get into pizzing contests with the players, so if the Refs are talking smack, they're wrong too, and that amounts to goading. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that changes the picture slightly, and maybe Hall should be cut a little slack. keep in mind, these guys are fired up, adrenaline pumping, heat of battle, frustration building. If the Refs don't jaw back at Hall, and just ignore him ... then maybe the situation doesn't go south like it did.

You see Refs do this all the time .... someone runs over pleading a case at a Ref, and they wave them off and step away from the player. But if they turn at him and start being hostile and argumentative back .. the Ref has escalated the situation.

Now, I'm not justifying or excusing what Hall did ... he's a grown man too, and can't lose his composure ... so he's wrong, anyway you look at it from that point of view. But suspension? I think not ... there was no physical contact ... and if the official goaded or exacerbated the tension, as Hall claims they did, then a suspension is not called for.

I've said this before, a long time ago .. and others I think have too ... what the Redskins need to do with Hall is convert him to a free safety where he can utilize his ball skills. He's much more a ball hawk type than a cover corner ... but we've been using him as our #1 cover corner for which he is ill suited .. and that puts him on the opponent's best receiver, which may help explain Hall's poor stat numbers and CB ranking.

Given our performance in the secondary and our thinness back there, especially at safety, it seems like we need to figure out a way to make some effective changes, and see if that helps. Since his numbers are so poor at CB ... 97th out of 99 .... I don't think we'd be in danger of a serious downgrade there by replacing him ... and transitioning him to safety. It might give him a resurgence as a play maker, and his disposition and frustration levels might improve along with the overall results.

That's coaching and solving problems. Right now, all I see is a lot of hoping things get better and not enough change to make things better.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:44 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm glad to hear that it sounds like the NFL is going to suspend Hall

Was thinking the same thing. Suspend him for the rest of the year. No joke. Does it hurt? Absolutely, but it's for the teams own good. We need a lamb at the bye.

Now this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard ... suspend him for the rest of the year??? For the heinous crime of murder? Nah .. Rape ... nah ... drinking and driving ... nah ... smoking dope ... nope .... taking off his helmet and jawing at a ref.

Maybe he deserves jail time too ... hey, put him in an orange jumpsuit and waterboard him at Gitmo. :roll:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 am

RayNAustin wrote:what the Redskins need to do with Hall is convert him to a free safety where he can utilize his ball skills. He's much more a ball hawk type than a cover corner ... but we've been using him as our #1 cover corner for which he is ill suited

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 am

RayNAustin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

Now this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard ... suspend him for the rest of the year??? For the heinous crime of murder? Nah .. Rape ... nah ... drinking and driving ... nah ... smoking dope ... nope .... taking off his helmet and jawing at a ref.

Maybe he deserves jail time too ... hey, put him in an orange jumpsuit and waterboard him at Gitmo. :roll:

I agree, this is being waaaaaaaaay overblown by some here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:13 am

Hall is a hothead, always has been, but his jawing at the ref does not warrant a suspesion by the NFL. Maybe a fine, but not a suspension. I do think that Shanahan should sit him to send a message that that kind of idiotic behavior cannot be tolerated.

I also agree that he should get moved to FS to maximise his skill set.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 am

RayNAustin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

I was at the game, and I may be wrong, but it looked like he bumped him. That is unacceptable. On top of that, this is troubling that we now have 3-4 personal foul calls at the end of the game against us for losing our cool for each one. Obviously coaches are discussing it, so when is enough enough and an example set? A year is excessive, but you get my point. I just want to tack on more games because of his poor play.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If two refs are jawing at him, and I didn't see it, then all parties should get equal penalty. It doesn't let one or the other off just because he was coaxed into it.
Miss you 21

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 am

Are we not still trying to win games here. Some of you are picking character over winning. To those I say: Back away from the computer until you stop crying, THINK about the situation, then return.

Whatever the NFL has planned for Hall is beyond the team's control for now. As soon as he is available to play we will need him back.

I do hope the team learns from this and never drafts another player from Virginia Tech. Seems like all the guys are the same.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 am

Richmond Redskin wrote:Hall is a hothead, always has been, but his jawing at the ref does not warrant a suspesion by the NFL. Maybe a fine, but not a suspension. I do think that Shanahan should sit him to send a message that that kind of idiotic behavior cannot be tolerated.

I also agree that he should get moved to FS to maximise his skill set.

I listened to Goodell on Sirius NFL radio yesterday and there is NO way he avoiding a suspension from what he was insinuating. The quote was like,"the NFL has the authority to punish this behavior, and we will use everything in our power to do so. We will not stand for this."

Also I guess Hall had his lawyers set up a meeting with Goodell to discuss. I have got to catch the replay.
Miss you 21

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 am

Those guys calling for a suspension are throwing fuel over a fire.

Just give another opportunity to Goddahell to please his master Mara and HE WILL.

What Hall did was wrong. What the ref did was wrong.

The penalty for what Hall did is a FINE.

The NFL will look like a joke if they suspend him AFTER only giving fines to Bellichek and Kyle who did a lot more than what Hall did.

Do not take your frustration on our players just like you are asking our players not to take their frustrations on the refs.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Are we not still trying to win games here. Some of you are picking character over winning. To those I say: Back away from the computer until you stop crying, THINK about the situation, then return.

Whatever the NFL has planned for Hall is beyond the team's control for now. As soon as he is available to play we will need him back.

I do hope the team learns from this and never drafts another player from Virginia Tech. Seems like all the guys are the same.

I hear you, but at some point the coach needs to put boots to rear to indicate that this kind of garbage is not acceptable. I don't knowHall will be back next year, but a lot of young players on the team will. Sends a bad message IMO.

I want to win every game the Skins play. Hall is not having a good year, but if the best option we have right now.

I tweeted Rich Tandler and he resplied that per his sources it is "highly unlikely" that Shanahan will take any action against Hall so chances are he starts Sunday. If the NFL is going to suspend someone (which I don't think this warrants) they usually do it early in the week so the teams can gameplan accordingly.

Maybe DHall will come back with 4 picks on Sunday and Redskins nation loves him again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

If Hall just gets a fine from the NFL - I'm OK with that - I hope that Mike suspends him for what he did to show the others that the players will be held accountable for their stupidity ALSO because of how Hall has behaved here recently when he should be more in control as a leader on this defense

I have always liked the idea of Hall playing safety
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Word is the Redskins will make a claim (have made a claim?) on Sterling Moore CB New England today. Will monitor and see what happens.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football