Thoughts and Prayers for East Coasters...

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Thoughts and Prayers for East Coasters...

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 am

To my brothers and sisters who may have suffered loss from Hurricane Sandy: my prayers are with you all...!!!

We are a resilient PEOPLE..........rise up, be well, and REBUILD
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:12 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:To my brothers and sisters who may have suffered loss from Hurricane Sandy: my prayers are with you all...!!!

We are a resilient PEOPLE..........rise up, be well, and REBUILD

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 am

Thanks. We took a punch in 2001; we can do it again. New Jersey is in trouble, and New York is bad in low areas.

Note: the World Trade Center had a bulkhead because it was built on the edge of the Hudson. Battery Park City was built on land-fill out to the end of what were piers. That narrows the Hudson. Jersey City has done the same.
That was a windfall for real-estate owners: new land in lower Manhattan, whoopee!

People will be forced to consider flooding wherever they rebuild.

Personal note: my son, Redskin Dan v1978, joined the New Jersey Army National Guard in 2002 because he wanted to be in uniform, helping if there was another catastrophe. There were two wars after he enlisted...he never got the chance to be a "weekend warrior". NJ Guard are rescuing people in Hoboken: Hooah to that!

Return to The Lounge