Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
riggofan wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
SkinsFTW wrote:The problem with firing Shanahan is does anybody really think that Snyder can find anyone better?

At 14-27 ... and a 5-15 home record, that's not a question that would keep me up at night. ... how much worse could someone else be?

Uh... Jim Zorn? Steve Spurrier?

You do realize both of them had better winning percentages than Mike Shanahan here right????

SO WHAT

no question that Mike, Kyle and Jim have not done well here .... and I'm not a fan of Mike as HC, but ...

are you suggesting that Spurrier or Zorn as HC for this franchise over the same period with these same players, would have a better W-L record?

:shock:

Zorn, maybe.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
riggofan wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
SkinsFTW wrote:The problem with firing Shanahan is does anybody really think that Snyder can find anyone better?

At 14-27 ... and a 5-15 home record, that's not a question that would keep me up at night. ... how much worse could someone else be?

Uh... Jim Zorn? Steve Spurrier?

You do realize both of them had better winning percentages than Mike Shanahan here right????

SO WHAT

no question that Mike, Kyle and Jim have not done well here .... and I'm not a fan of Mike as HC, but ...

are you suggesting that Spurrier or Zorn as HC for this franchise over the same period with these same players, would have a better W-L record?

:shock:

well, they did put up better winning percentages with inferior talent so one could assume they'd do even better with this team...just sayin' :wink:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm

I very strongly, do not agree with the assumption that Spurrier or Zorn would have done as well as Shanahan :shock:

man oh man - that's a stretch ROTFALMAO

Mike is not doing well here but he's a lot better than those 2 as a HC in the NFL :roll:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I very strongly, do not agree with the assumption that Spurrier or Zorn would have done as well as Shanahan :shock:

man oh man - that's a stretch ROTFALMAO

Mike is not doing well here but he's a lot better than those 2 as a HC in the NFL :roll:

and he has the recent results to prove it :roll:

You can defend Shanahan all you want but you are what you are in football and since 2006 he's a sub .500 coach. 38 - 51 I believe. Now, prior to that there's no question the guy was an excellent coach and i live here in Denver and have witnessed it first hand but that's in the past. Whether or not Shanahan is a better coach for his career than Spurrier or Zorn is somewhat irrelevant, he's done worse since he's been here than either of those two and as a Skins' fan that's all I care about. For what's it worth to you, I haven't come out and said he should be fired but he shouldn't be defended either. And, Spurrier and Zorn did better than Shanny has done so i'm not sure what you are disagreeing with. They actually did so with the Danny interfering as well. If you want to argue we'll be better off in the long run then go for, I have no objection to that and as stated previously....you may be right.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

LET ME BE CLEAR - SOME HERE NEED A LOT OF HELP

do not make silly mistakes - I am not 'defending' Shanahan

it's very clear to me that Shanahan is a much better HC than Zorn or Spurrier

using the stats is meaningless - Shaahan might not be doing well but he's an NFL HC - Spurrier and Zorn are NOT suited to be HC's in the NFL

are you kidding me - how come Zorn does not have a HC job? Do you here Zorn's name come up with all the new hires we're going to see soon?

find me someone (ANYONE) that thinks Spurrier is a better HC than Shanahan and I'll bet he's not a very highly regarded NFL person
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

SkinsJock wrote:find me someone (ANYONE) that thinks Spurrier is a better HC than Shanahan

SJ.. such a person does NOT exist

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:LET ME BE CLEAR - SOME HERE NEED A LOT OF HELP

do not make silly mistakes - I am not 'defending' Shanahan

it's very clear to me that Shanahan is a much better HC than Zorn or Spurrier

using the stats is meaningless - Shaahan might not be doing well but he's an NFL HC - Spurrier and Zorn are NOT suited to be HC's in the NFL

are you kidding me - how come Zorn does not have a HC job? Do you here Zorn's name come up with all the new hires we're going to see soon?

find me someone (ANYONE) that thinks Spurrier is a better HC than Shanahan and I'll bet he's not a very highly regarded NFL person

LET ME BE CLEAR!

Show me where I said they are better coaches? Now, move on and show me where I said these inferior coaches produced better winning percentages with inferior talent than Shanahan and you'll be on point. You need help! I hope everyone asking for patience is right and if Shanahan gets two more years we aren't in the same predicament the Broncos were in after the 08' season. I'm hoping Shanahan can reclaim what once made him a great coach and turn this franchise around but i'm not holding my breath on it.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm

oneman56 wrote:well, they did put up better winning percentages with inferior talent so one could assume they'd do even better with this team...just sayin ..

:shock: SORRY - I thought you were "assuming" that Zorn or Spurrier would be or might be, better NFL HCs than Shanahan

I'm not close to agreeing with that assumption - the % stats are just meaningless - those 2 are losers

what were you trying to say?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I thought the point was "with these same players." I'm not sure RGIII wouldn't have done better under one of the other guys.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Isn't it pretty stupid to be arguing who is a better coach when the team is still always in last please? Isn't this like deciding what's a better way to die, gun shot, stabbing, AIDS, cancer or drug overdose? It pretty much doesn't matter we are still losing.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

back to reality - Mike and Kyle and Jim might not be here for much longer but they are not as much to blame as many are making out

there's plenty of reasons for the current state of the Redskins but it basically goes back to Snyder

these guys are turning things around - whether they're here or not is no big deal to me

this franchise is going to be good again soon BECAUSE Mike came here and changed the direction

I'll only add that Spurrier and Zorn could not do as well with RG3 and these guys as Mike has done :lol:

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
oneman56 wrote:well, they did put up better winning percentages with inferior talent so one could assume they'd do even better with this team...just sayin ..

:shock: SORRY - I thought you were "assuming" that Zorn or Spurrier would be or might be, better NFL HCs than Shanahan

I'm not close to agreeing with that assumption - the % stats are just meaningless - those 2 are losers

what were you trying to say?

I don't think they are better coaches either. But, the comments above were directed towards worrying who we could find that's better than Shanahan if he were to be fired and it was noted that worse coaches provided better results so it's not something we should necessarily worry about. What i was specifically saying is that if those coaches had better winning records than Shanny then ONE could make an argument they'd do even better with this team then they did with Wuerfell, matthews and Campbell led teams...it's also why I said just sayin' at the end of my statement.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:I thought the point was "with these same players." I'm not sure RGIII wouldn't have done better under one of the other guys.

ROTFALMAO that's great - pull the other one ROTFALMAO

get back on the meds, please :twisted:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 pm

oneman56 wrote:ONE could make an argument they'd do even better with this team then they did with Wuerfell, matthews and Campbell led teams.

Which was my point.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm

We shoulld fire him why keep a coach who is just here for the money and already shown since 2010 that he has lost a step?. We need a new hungry coach and a GM to try and fix things similar to what the rams are doing .

Fisher has no rings but is a guy who can get your team to feel motivated and thats what he is a motivated rebuilding coach still eagar to win a SB.

Rams have :

-Stacked alot of round picks
-A ton of cap for this next year FA
-Fans and team has energy
-And the D is playing very good

Fisher has built a very good mentality just need more talent and another year. So that is the difference between us and them they have picks and cap and a movtivated team we do not . Fire Shanny he only got RG3 to save him more time and even that wont work look at shannys history and with us what makes you believe he can do better because in my mind 2010 should of been a rebuilding year and this year is on offense and on defense its still horrible so we wasted our time with the D.

Fire Shanny

- Hire a GM'
-Hire a coordinator maybe from GB or Bmore or SF or hire Chip Kelly I dont want a coach whos won a SB.
-Get the 4-3 back
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football