Redskins v Eagles post game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Tana Moss didn't have many plays but he made the MOST of what he got.
It was interesting that at the press con, Tana admits that plays don't come his way as often as they used to.

He FOUGHT a double team, got great position on the ball, secured it and stretched for the End Zone........ you gotta love his game.

I've always been a big fan of Moss.

He has been a great Redskin. Hopefully he makes the ring.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Where was Pierre all game?

Most often he was standing on the sideline watching the game.
Still, he caught three passes, more than anyone else.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Tana Moss didn't have many plays but he made the MOST of what he got.
It was interesting that at the press con, Tana admits that plays don't come his way as often as they used to.

He FOUGHT a double team, got great position on the ball, secured it and stretched for the End Zone........ you gotta love his game.

I've always been a big fan of Moss.

He has been a great Redskin. Hopefully he makes the ring.

Remember when HE KILLED dulass with 2 long bombs........from Brunell (I think)
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Some bulletin-board material for our next meeting: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was saying postgame that "nobody" has yet "lined up and just beaten us." Apparently it's all "just mental mistakes."

Uh-huh. A couple of mental mistakes is the reason you got pounded 31-6? Yeah, there couldn't be any other reason at work . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Some bulletin-board material for our next meeting: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was saying postgame that "nobody" has yet "lined up and just beaten us." Apparently it's all "just mental mistakes."

Uh-huh. A couple of mental mistakes is the reason you got pounded 31-6? Yeah, there couldn't be any other reason at work . . .

I heard he was blaming the Team bus driver for making the biggest mistake - He managed to find the stadium :lol:
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I can't find the post now, but earlier this week someone was saying that the Eagles were licking their chops at the prospect of playing us. I certainly hope that was true, and that they felt they got their money's worth.

ROTFALMAO
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am

Countertrey wrote:
ACW wrote:Image
:lol:

That would've been a penalty anyway.
I'm thinking there's a possibility of a fine, despite the very embarassing miss... clearly, he thought he was launching at Griffin's head, with intent to inflict a game changing hit... and disregard for the rules...

If only. ;furious;

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 am

tribeofjudah wrote:I've always been a big fan of Moss.

How could you not be after that Monday night in Irving?

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
ACW wrote:He wasn't sliding; #95 was tackling him.

Get real. He was avoiding an illegal hit.

All he had to do to avoid it was nothing since RG3 was already going down when he launched himself with everything he has. Now he might not have been aiming for the head intensionaly but he was trying to spear him.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 am

Amberion wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Some bulletin-board material for our next meeting: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was saying postgame that "nobody" has yet "lined up and just beaten us." Apparently it's all "just mental mistakes."

I heard he was blaming the Team bus driver for making the biggest mistake - He managed to find the stadium :lol:

+1 LOL!
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 am

There was a lot to like and appreciate about the game

VERY disappointing to have so many bad penalties .... and ... this at a home game AND after a bye week is troubling
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:And our next opponent is in overtime against a 2 win team. Hopefully that takes something out of them.

It took a starting left tackle out of them!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am

SkinsJock, I am with you on the penalties. What the hell was with all of the false starts? At home?? That was embarrassing.

SO much fun to whip the Eagles for a change. Let's just be honest though. That team is ATROCIOUS this year. I will also predict with Andy Reid on his way out and no answer at QB, they're in for some time in the wilderness.

I've defended Kyle from time to time on here, but I have to admit I didn't think the play calling was that great. I loved going for it on the 4th and inches, but that was the best play we could come up with? It really looked yesterday like RGIII and guys like Moss made the OC look a little better than the game he called.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

4-6 the day after.....

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am

After the win yesterday and thinking on the whole thing I have a few things that I think warrant some discussion. Even though we put up 31 points was it me or did the offense seem really off yesterday? Seemed to me the playcalling overall was not good. I still am in disbelief at Santana's catch and wonder how in the heck that happened.

Now defense, was it me or did Haslett finally call different blitzes? I don't think we hit their QB as much as we should have and I also was surprised at the amount of holding calls we finally got. I was and am overall impressed at the stunts I saw as well as the different blitzes that we finally called!! Yes the Eagles have a bad offensive line and it seems that team is packing it in but our defense played pretty well yesterday and my last question is Brandon Merriweather really that good?? that one man changes the whole secondary? Really?? or was that just them being rested from the bye week????

Hog

Re: 4-6 the day after.....

Postby emoses14 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:After the win yesterday and thinking on the whole thing I have a few things that I think warrant some discussion. Even though we put up 31 points was it me or did the offense seem really off yesterday? Seemed to me the playcalling overall was not good. I still am in disbelief at Santana's catch and wonder how in the heck that happened.

Now defense, was it me or did Haslett finally call different blitzes? I don't think we hit their QB as much as we should have and I also was surprised at the amount of holding calls we finally got. I was and am overall impressed at the stunts I saw as well as the different blitzes that we finally called!! Yes the Eagles have a bad offensive line and it seems that team is packing it in but our defense played pretty well yesterday and my last question is Brandon Merriweather really that good?? that one man changes the whole secondary? Really?? or was that just them being rested from the bye week????

Yes, O was off. And we still put up 31. Imagine if they were on. . .
Playcalling . . . yeesh. I don't think its as bad as most but, I've seen better, this year from Kyle himself. It was his run calls that frustrated me (but they may have been stacking against inside run).
Special talent only needs a sliver of daylight. RGIII trusted his arm and his receiver, Santana had his QB's back and trusted his in the air adjustability
Haslett called a good game (stunts were extra nice, as was the way P.Riley and R. Kerigan were deployed)
Not sure if Merriweather is that good, but apparently one man (especially at our W-O-R-S-T position) can make a difference
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football