Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Seeing the Giants get eliminated from contention this week would be sweet. After they (and many commentators) have been so presumptuous that they'd not only be in the playoffs but be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

Plus, it would send Mara home to cry about a well-deserved failure of a season.

I think I will be cheering for that to happen almost as much as having the Skins clinch this week.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Also, the Pies clinch if they win and we and the G-strings both lose.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Seeing the Giants get eliminated from contention this week would be sweet. After they (and many commentators) have been so presumptuous that they'd not only be in the playoffs but be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

I think I will be cheering for that to happen almost as much as having the Skins clinch this week.

Oooooooh yeah. Would love to see the G-men eliminated this weekend.

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:Also, the Pies clinch if they win and we and the G-strings both lose.

Only a playoff spot...we own all tie breakers within the division...

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm

grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Also, the Pies clinch if they win and we and the G-strings both lose.

If they win/we lose this weekend and we beat them the following weekend...plus the Gints lose...that puts us in the Division lead and the playoffs rather than the Pokes. Right? Dallas can't clinch anything with a win & us losing this weekend. They won't beat out Seattle for a wildcard spot either. I believe one team is coming out of the NFC East -- the division winner.

Am I wrong?

:?:

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
grampi wrote:

If they win/we lose this weekend and we beat them the following weekend...plus the Gints lose...that puts us in the Division lead and the playoffs rather than the Pokes. Right? Dallas can't clinch anything with a win & us losing this weekend. They won't beat out Seattle for a wildcard spot either. I believe one team is coming out of the NFC East -- the division winner.

Am I wrong?

That is how I understand it.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
grampi wrote:

Am I wrong?

That is how I understand it.

Yeah, I was wrong. Turns out, there is no clinching scenario for the Pies this weekend.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 am

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Seeing the Giants get eliminated from contention this week would be sweet. After they (and many commentators) have been so presumptuous that they'd not only be in the playoffs but be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

Would love to see the G-men eliminated this weekend.

THIS - I really want the win this week but ....

I REALLY WANT THE GIANTS TO GET ELIMINATED almost as much :D

I have a lot of faith that we can win both games but ...

having the Redskins win the NFC EAST and the pukes and the HATED giants out of the playoffs would be fantastic
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 am

JUST SAY NO TO THE "P" WORD!!

DON'T SAY IT, DON'T DO IT!!

:lol:

HOLD FIRM DAG IT, HOLD FIRM!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 am

So, our path to the playoffs is guaranteed by beating the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Does anybody know when was the last time that we swept both of those teams? I hate to sound like a negative ninny, but it must quite a while!

Anyway, history has no bearing on what happens in the next two weeks. The fact is: if the Redskins are good enough, we'll win these next two games and deserve to be in the playoffs. AND, we'll be one of the hottest teams around going into those playoffs.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:So, our path to the playoffs is guaranteed by beating the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Does anybody know when was the last time that we swept both of those teams? I hate to sound like a negative ninny, but it must quite a while

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55 am

That can't be right. If that happens, but we turn around and beat them in the last game, we'd have the same overall record, we'd be 1-1 against them and we would have a better division record.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

That can't be right. If that happens, but we turn around and beat them in the last game, we'd have the same overall record, we'd be 1-1 against them and we would have a better division record.

It is NOT the case but that was 'straightened out' earlier :roll:

ALL that really matters here for the Skins and the dreaded "P" word - JUST win this game ....

the rest is just 'icing on the cake' - we'd all love to see the pukes and g strings lose just to make them and their stupid fans miserable :lol:

the g strings cannot lose or they're out - HOWEVER - the pukes and the Redskins can still make the playoffs with a loss this week ...

we are so very fortunate to be in this position - it's not a matter of IF we're 'good enough' or not - look at the g strings last year and the last time they played the Patriots in the SB - they were certainly NOT the best team .. they were just 'good enough' on that day - we are not a really good team .... YET ... BUT we're 'good enough' to have put ourselves in this position at this time of year

THAT IS ALL THAT COUNTS

IN the NFL - the "BETTER TEAM" does NOT even win most of the matches

the team that is "GOOD ENOUGH" on THAT day wins

The Redskins, right now, are GOOD ENOUGH to beat most teams in the NFL :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 am

ACW wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:So, our path to the playoffs is guaranteed by beating the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Does anybody know when was the last time that we swept both of those teams? I hate to sound like a negative ninny, but it must quite a while

The most magical year for the 'Skins since our last Super Bowl. The Monday Night Miracle during their ring of fame game, followed by that 35-7 pounding of the Cowboys at home with 3 Cooley TDs in the first half. Beating a surging Giants team at home to get to 9-6. Sean Taylor's fumble return to seal the Eagles game and take us to the playoffs, and then doing it again in our win over Tampa Bay — which was great payback for that '99 loss.

This year is shaping up to be just as magical, if not moreso. We have to take care of business today.

(Come to think of it, that year we gave TB a well-deserved payback for a playoff loss 6 years before, but then lost to Seattle. This year we might be in a position to avenge our playoff losses to the Seahawks that were an average of 6 years ago . . . :-k)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am

So, not that long ago :-) Not as much history against us as I thought. It's a long time since I had a feeling of positive expectation about the Redskins - I think I've forgotten how to deal with it.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football