RGIII & Morris BOTH nominated for ROY!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

RGIII & Morris BOTH nominated for ROY!

Postby yupchagee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 am

Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piglet

Re: RGIII & Morris BOTH nominated for ROY!

Postby blowwad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am

yupchagee wrote:http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/REG/12?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_pepsi#playerId:0ap2000000099348

This leads to a page that is only titled ROY but all I can actually find that it is concerned with is ROW.

Which Griffin won.

...again.

(I think)

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

blowwad wrote:
yupchagee wrote:http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/REG/12?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_pepsi#playerId:0ap2000000099348

This leads to a page that is only titled ROY but all I can actually find that it is concerned with is ROW.

Which Griffin won.

...again.

(I think)

This is for ROW (week 12). Rg3 won wk 11 and three other weeks. Alf won a week, too. So in the first 11 weeks the Skins have 5 out of the 11 awards and by the look of this week's nominees RG3 will certainly win his fifth ROW, giving the Skins 6 out of 12.

Next up ROM of November and of course ROW for week 13, for stomping a mud hole in the Giants too!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 am

Obvioiusly it will come down to RGIII and Luck.

IMHO, the NFL will also consider Doug Martin and Morris -- but the NFL knows the fans will want an RGIII vs. Luck standoff for ROY.

RGIII has WAY better numbers (outside of passing yards), but Luck has the superior record and will be credited with turning around the Colts franchise (which may or may not actually be 100% true considering their attrocious schedule).

Could you imagine if the Skins had this schedule:
CHI-MINN-JACK-GB-JETS-CLE-TENN-MIA-JAC-NE-BUFF-DET-TENN-HOU-KC-HOU.

Indy LITERALLY only played 4 games (3 teams) with winning records! Meanwhile we played 8 -- and that doesn't include NO or Dallas (which IMHO are better than their records).

While I understand you can only play the teams on your schedule and Luck has done a good job, RGIII has played better against better opponents. He deserves the ROY.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am

markshark84 wrote:Obvioiusly it will come down to RGIII and Luck.

IMHO, the NFL will also consider Doug Martin and Morris -- but the NFL knows the fans will want an RGIII vs. Luck standoff for ROY.

RGIII has WAY better numbers (outside of passing yards), but Luck has the superior record and will be credited with turning around the Colts franchise (which may or may not actually be 100% true considering their attrocious schedule).

Indy LITERALLY only played 4 games (3 teams) with winning records! Meanwhile we played 8 -- and that doesn't include NO or Dallas (which IMHO are better than their records).

While I understand you can only play the teams on your schedule and Luck has done a good job, RGIII has played better against better opponents. He deserves the ROY.
Possibly. But then again, RGIII's had the benefit of Morris and a decent WR core (Moss, Garcon), while Luck's had Wayne and...T.Y. Hilton I guess.
Either way, both teams have a BRIGHT future.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 am

Right now I don't think the race is particularly close between RGIII and Luck for ROY. A few weeks ago I might have given Luck the nod — just barely, and then again perhaps not — but since then Griffin has truly seperated himself. Luck's had way more attempts than Griffin, which is the only reason his total yards are better. Griffin is better on averages, the QB rating, and in TDs and INTs. And that's just with respect to passing: the rushing threat RGIII brings is something else to consider.

I suppose Griffin could trail off in the last few weeks, but with the pressure on and the team counting on him I doubt it happens. I think we'll see RGIII easily take his rightful place as ROY.

Luck finishes second. As much as I like Morris, Doug Martin has been awesome and would be my 3rd place. But still; it's pretty awesome to have both the best and (arguably) 4th best rookie in the NFL on your team. What a treat this year has been, so far as the offense is concerned.
Last edited by Irn-Bru on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

ACW wrote:Possibly. But then again, RGIII's had the benefit of Morris and a decent WR core (Moss, Garcon), while Luck's had Wayne and...T.Y. Hilton I guess.

Griffin's had Morris but not much else. Garcon and Fred Davis are our playmakers, and between them there's been a hell of a lot of time missed. Reggie Wayne meanwhile has had a career season. I'd say it's easily a wash with respect to the talent each QB has to work with.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm

ACW wrote:

Possibly. But then again, RGIII's had the benefit of Morris and a decent WR core (Moss, Garcon), while Luck's had Wayne and...T.Y. Hilton I guess.

Nice try, but you can't even compare the crap WRs we have vs. the Colts. They have Wayne, Avery, and Hilton. Those are 3 good targets. Both Wayne and Avery would be considered #1 options in DC. They also have 2 solid TEs in Fleener and Allen. Meanwhile, we have Moss, Hankerson, and Morgan. I still consider Moss a good target. Morgan is mediocre at best and Hankerson is just horrible -- boarding on an on-field liability. Garcon's injury has made him ineffective for all but 2 games this year. We've had nobody at TE since week 6.

Now, we do have a much better RB -- can't argue against that.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 pm

markshark84 wrote:but Luck has the superior record

The season's not over yet.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 pm

ACW wrote:

The idea that Luck came into a bad team is somewhat laughable. Yes they had the number one pick last year, but even only winning 2 games in 2011, they still won more games in the last two years than the Redskins!

Postby yupchagee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

blowwad wrote:

Which Griffin won.

...again.

(I think)

I meant ROW. Sorry.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

yupchagee wrote:
blowwad wrote:

Which Griffin won.

...again.

(I think)

I meant ROW. Sorry.
I wouldn't worry too much, yup... the site has a large "Rookie of the Year" banner at the top. That was pretty distracting...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 am

cvillehog wrote:The idea that Luck came into a bad team is somewhat laughable. Yes they had the number one pick last year, but even only winning 2 games in 2011, they still won more games in the last two years than the Redskins!

^DCD "likes" this

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

In Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III we have 2 QBs that have all the attributes

Andrew Luck looked better prepared to play well from the get go because of his size and how he was 'prepared' in college

RG3 looked to be the QB that offered more variation and while not the 'traditional' QB size and talent wise - he is a fantastic athlete

Both went to teams with offenses that had struggled last season but Andrew Luck went to a franchise that was only 1 season away from experiencing a lot of success ...

NOT SO with RG3 - he has made everyone around him better by his talent and incredible desire to be the best he can be

many felt that Andrew Luck would be a great QB wherever he went and at an earlier time frame than RG3

IMO

RG3 will be more special in the long run because he's the better athlete

ALSO

RG3 may not measure up to Andrew Luck physically or traditionally but he has intangibles that will make him a better QB & leader

we are so very fortunate

RG3 is not just great for the Redskins - he's a great asset for the NFL
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:04 pm

RG3 is now November's Rookie of the Month. two out of three months, so far!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football