Jammal Brown to go to IR

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What should we do with Jammal Brown

Keep
1
6%
Cut
15
83%
Trade
2
11%
 
Total votes : 18
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Hooligan wrote:See ya, J. Brown.

Definitely DB over RT in the draft. We're going to need to start grooming a stud MLB very soon, too. Polumbus is good enough for now and should only improve.


Sorry, not trying to nitpick, but you mean another stud MLB? I see Perry Riley developing quite nicely into that mold now, but obviously we need another one to replace the spot Fletcher is vacating.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Frisco, Tejas

Postby fetus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm

First things first: JM HAS ZERO TRADE VALUE -- so "trade" shouldn't even be an option. There isn't one NFL team stupid or desperate enough to actually give something up or to even pay his current salary.



Yes I agree see....

I would wanna say trade him but I don't know what we could get for an unhealthy RT in the off-season, and not to sure who really needs an aging RT.
RGIII and the terrible D

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15735
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

fetus wrote:
First things first: JM HAS ZERO TRADE VALUE -- so "trade" shouldn't even be an option. There isn't one NFL team stupid or desperate enough to actually give something up or to even pay his current salary.



Yes I agree see....

I would wanna say trade him but I don't know what we could get for an unhealthy RT in the off-season, and not to sure who really needs an aging RT.

You agreed with me first. :P
Deadskins wrote:He has zero trade value. The only real options are cut or keep. I'm guessing he'll be getting an injury settlement soon. This move does free up a roster spot, though.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Frisco, Tejas

Postby fetus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

ahh yes I did, my bad LOL
RGIII and the terrible D

CKRGiii
Posts: 4023
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm

REWORK. Only if he passes physicals and is deemed better then our current back up situation. It couldnt hurt to keep a vet for the youngsters to learn from as well as a good backup who can play different positions on the line. he might just get helathy, and having him compete in camp for a spot isnt a bad thing in my opinion.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Re: Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

riggofan wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
fetus wrote:Brown hasn't really lived up to his $20+ million contract he got last year


ya think??? :)

I read a mock draft the other day that suggested the Redskins go after D.J. Fluker, RT from Alabama with the second pick next year. I don't know if that's the right guy or that we need to use such a high pick, but I like the thinking. Obviously we can't count on Brown.


Seems to me that we have a more pressing need for a corner back than right tackle. While Polumbus has his faults, he does get the job done, mostly. I could live with him if we can get a quality CB with the 2nd pick.


Yeah I agree with you on the CB with the 2d pick, exactly why I said I didn't know "that we need to use such a high pick". CB is a big need for us and seems more likely that we could get a day one starter at this position.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the team look at RT in the draft though or o-line depth in general. Gotta keep young Robert on his feet next year!

Laughing that a couple people voted "trade". I'd like to trade Brown too! Might get a ham sandwich for him at this point.

I see cb as the forth most highest need.

#1 by a mile is Safety!
#2 is another Safety
#3 is RT (a RT that could go to LT if Trent goes down)
#3 is CB (very close to #3)

We have nothing at Safety. I don't want to hear about Brandon "fragile knee" Meriweather or Tannard "take another toke" Jackson. The coaching staff would be irresponsible to go in to another season counting on them to be our safeties.

While I don't especially like Hall or Wilson they are far superior to Gomes, Williams, and Daughty at safety. So to me, safety is our #1 and #2 need.

You could argue CB over RT, especially if Halll is not back, but to me Hall and Wilson are MUCH better CBs than Paulumbus is a RT and combine that with the fact that we have Zero design at LT, that moves RT to #3 for me.

But Free and Strong Safety are clearly #1 AND 2 on or need list.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Why is trade even an option to vote on. You might as well ask "turn to gold" or "fly to the moon".
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Frisco, Tejas

Postby fetus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Why is trade even an option to vote on. You might as well ask "turn to gold" or "fly to the moon".


LOL! I figured I would put it up there, hell more people have chosen that than Keep
RGIII and the terrible D

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:I see cb as the forth most highest need.

#1 by a mile is Safety!
#2 is another Safety
#3 is RT (a RT that could go to LT if Trent goes down)
#3 is CB (very close to #3)

I think CB is our third. I know you discount our two penciled-in starters for 2013, but the reality is that at least one of them is likely to play most if not all of next year. The guys we have as backups — who right now are playing as starters — are good enough as backups. That leaves only one safety spot at the top that needs to be covered, in my estimation. (I don't think we'll ever get a full year out of Merriweather in his time here.)

Totally agreed on RT and CB as the next two needs, though, even though I think Hall is likely gone after this year. Polumbus has been great but I just don't see him as the long-term solution. I seem him as being about on par with Stephon Heyer: a good backup, he can play for long stretches of time if needed, but it's unwise to plan on it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

IB,
You are much more optimistic about the safety possition than I am. I think if we get four games out of Meriweather that would be asking a lot. Jackson has a "life time"ban, but it is rumored that he will be available next year, but that is provided he doesn't take another toke. And i'm not willing to bet the future of the franchise (at least for that year at safety) on a drug addict.

If you are counting on anything out of those two, you have much more faith or are a bigger gambler than I am.

Of course, in the draft you take best available player, in an area of need.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:IB,
You are much more optimistic about the safety possition than I am. I think if we get four games out of Meriweather that would be asking a lot. Jackson has a "life time"ban, but it is rumored that he will be available next year, but that is provided he doesn't take another toke. And i'm not willing to bet the future of the franchise (at least for that year at safety) on a drug addict.

If you are counting on anything out of those two, you have much more faith or are a bigger gambler than I am.


As I point out about, I think it's being realistic. I recall people making the same kinds of predictions about Williams and Davis last year, but we ended up with both for some of the year and will likely have one of them for the entire season.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#14
Posts: 4203
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby yupchagee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm

riggofan wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
fetus wrote:Brown hasn't really lived up to his $20+ million contract he got last year


ya think??? :)

I read a mock draft the other day that suggested the Redskins go after D.J. Fluker, RT from Alabama with the second pick next year. I don't know if that's the right guy or that we need to use such a high pick, but I like the thinking. Obviously we can't count on Brown.


Seems to me that we have a more pressing need for a corner back than right tackle. While Polumbus has his faults, he does get the job done, mostly. I could live with him if we can get a quality CB with the 2nd pick.


Yeah I agree with you on the CB with the 2d pick, exactly why I said I didn't know "that we need to use such a high pick". CB is a big need for us and seems more likely that we could get a day one starter at this position.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the team look at RT in the draft though or o-line depth in general. Gotta keep young Robert on his feet next year!

Laughing that a couple people voted "trade". I'd like to trade Brown too! Might get a ham sandwich for him at this point.


I think we need S more than CB. I'd trade Brown for an 8th round pick.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:IB,
You are much more optimistic about the safety possition than I am. I think if we get four games out of Meriweather that would be asking a lot. Jackson has a "life time"ban, but it is rumored that he will be available next year, but that is provided he doesn't take another toke. And i'm not willing to bet the future of the franchise (at least for that year at safety) on a drug addict.

If you are counting on anything out of those two, you have much more faith or are a bigger gambler than I am.


As I point out about, I think it's being realistic. I recall people making the same kinds of predictions about Williams and Davis last year, but we ended up with both for some of the year and will likely have one of them for the entire season.


This is coherent than Williams and Davis. They had never been suspended for drugs before. If you believe them (and I don't) they used during the lockout and then the subsequent failure came from the MJ not being out of their system before they were tested again and again.

Jackson has been on the program and used again causing him to get suspended. He used again causing him to get suspended again. So he has more of a track record as a user than TW or FD do. TW and FD are not out of the woods yet either. I still give it about a 50/50 chance that one of them will be suspended again in the future.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:IB,
You are much more optimistic about the safety possition than I am. I think if we get four games out of Meriweather that would be asking a lot. Jackson has a "life time"ban, but it is rumored that he will be available next year, but that is provided he doesn't take another toke. And i'm not willing to bet the future of the franchise (at least for that year at safety) on a drug addict.

If you are counting on anything out of those two, you have much more faith or are a bigger gambler than I am.


As I point out about, I think it's being realistic. I recall people making the same kinds of predictions about Williams and Davis last year, but we ended up with both for some of the year and will likely have one of them for the entire season.


This is coherent than Williams and Davis. They had never been suspended for drugs before. If you believe them (and I don't) they used during the lockout and then the subsequent failure came from the MJ not being out of their system before they were tested again and again.

Jackson has been on the program and used again causing him to get suspended. He used again causing him to get suspended again. So he has more of a track record as a user than TW or FD do. TW and FD are not out of the woods yet either. I still give it about a 50/50 chance that one of them will be suspended again in the future.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15735
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:08 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:#3 is CB (very close to #3)

Very close, indeed. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football