Redskins vs Giants PRE-game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Redskins vs Giants PRE-game

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 am

I know it's a little early but this game is huge.

I expect better safety play this time. It appears Merriweather's attitude rubbed off on Gomes.

By Mike Jones, Published: November 27

As he watched strong safety Brandon Meriweather fly around during the first half of the Washington Redskins’ Nov. 18 meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles, second-year pro DeJon Gomes had an “ah-ha” moment.

Gomes observed the energy and passion Meriweather — who played for the first time after nursing injuries in the first nine games of the season — displayed while recording seven tackles, two pass deflections and an interception. Suddenly, Gomes said, he understood how strong safety was supposed to be played in the NFL.

Meriweather’s 2012 season ended after just 40 snaps, however, when he tore an anterior cruciate ligament four plays into the third quarter. Gomes took Meriweather’s place and promptly delivered a bone-jarring hit. He went on to record four tackles and two pass breakups to help ensure Washington didn’t experience a drop-off in its best defensive outing of the season. The team held the Eagles to just six points.

“You could just see the passion from Play 1 to the last play [Meriweather] was out there,” Gomes recalled. “He was giving his all, and then a little more. Just seeing that really inspired me.”

The Redskins stuck with Gomes — their fifth-round pick in 2011 — as their primary strong safety for the following game against Dallas. He recorded five tackles and recovered a fumble, returning it 13 yards.

“I told a few people, after that Philly game,” Gomes said, “after I got to see Brandon play, it carried over in that second half, and it carried over into that Dallas game a little bit. Just seeing the way he played the game gave me some motivation.”

It appears Griff's confidence has spread to other players. We are at home. We should have a partisan crowd and a full stadium. I like our chances this time around.

Give me the Redskins ... 30-20.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

I went back and watched the condensed version of the Gnats game from week seven. They were getting a lot of help from Ed Hock-a-loogie and his crew.

Knew that was going to be a long game when we were flagged on the opening kickoff.

They also took off a huge AlfMo run with a 15-yard "leg whip" penalty.

Just a ton of favorable calls for the least penalized team in the league.

If we can get a break from the officials (I'm not asking for any favors, just call the game both ways) I think we have a shot.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Hope we can do better then win and whip the hail out of.em! Pay back for not just capgate, but as BOB said the crap calls and last minute loss should be in every redskins players heart. I hope they are fired up and just kill the gstrings convincingly.
Victory formation on the one is my new favorite play! DO IT!

-pukes losing tonight would be icing on the cake!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm

I heard one of the radio guys on Saturday morning argue that this was the biggest game of Shanahan's tenure with the Redskins to date. Its definitely a big one.

I hate to say this right now, but... LET'S GO EAGLES!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 pm

riggofan wrote:I heard one of the radio guys on Saturday morning argue that this was the biggest game of Shanahan's tenure with the Redskins to date. Its definitely a big one.

I hate to say this right now, but... LET'S GO EAGLES!!!

Don't HATE to say it riggo!! Being a skins fan automatically makes you an ABC fan aswell....
Anyone But Cowturds. It's only natural instinct to root against them, even if it is the fecals.
-of course there are those who hope for a natural disasster when the pukes play divisional rivals..
...Or practice for that matter.. Or go to the mall... Pretty much anytime they gather!
:twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 am

Thinking about this game all week. I trust RG3 and the offense. Oh for some old time defense...a dash of Darrell Green, a smidgin of Mike Bass, a bit of Kenny Houston, some grit from Pat Fischer. London Fletcher shows some Jack Pardee. Ah....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football