If cousins starts vs browns: We will lose

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

The Browns are not a pushover. Saying we will win or lose reminds me of a few threads in the Lounge - conjecture.

Historically, teams play a little over their heads in support of a backup in his first start. I expect the 'Skins to give a little extra if Captain Kirk starts.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The Browns are not a pushover. Saying we will win or lose reminds me of a few threads in the Lounge - conjecture.

Historically, teams play a little over their heads in support of a backup in his first start. I expect the 'Skins to give a little extra if Captain Kirk starts.

DarthMonk

This isn't Golf. It's football. Fans declare victory because that's what we do. We can't impact the game right now either way. No need to be political about it.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~~~~

Re: If cousins starts vs browns: We will lose

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm

funsho2 wrote:Cousins is not RG3....RG3 have not turn over the ball like luck this year thats one of the thing that makes him special....kirk will turn the ball over vs a great browns defense.....and we will lose at a critical time....michael jordan played while he was sick....if rg3 can go lets go....these are critical games....if we win out we will win either the division or a wild card spot

Get hold of yourself.

Kirk will play if he needs to. We will fight and may win or lose either way.

It will be a tough game and there are NO GUARANTEES whether RGIII plays or not, or whether Kirk plays or not.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm

nobody is a pushover the browns are next and thats all they need to focus on.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm not worried. Even if Cousins is the guy on Sunday, he does not seem out of place on the field. You usually worry about the play being too fast for a rookie coming off the bench, but he has looked very comfortable in his limited time out there. We may win, we may lose, but I would venture a guess that Cousins will be ready.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

The Browns are a lot like us in a way - they are not as bad as their record or their recent history suggests

This game IMO will be a little harder for us it is an away game - the fans will be excited to see RG3 and to see their team take the Redskins down

IF we continue to play as we have the last few games, we'll win

The Redskins no longer are trying to be competitive and hoping to win

these Redskins are playing to win each and every game
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Do u guys know what happened to the last two teams that got hot at the right time? They won the superbowl ....redskins are hot ...if we get to the playoffs with this streak ...we will end up in the superbowl....dont break the rhythm

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The Browns are not a pushover. Saying we will win or lose reminds me of a few threads in the Lounge - conjecture.

DarthMonk

This is my thoughts as well.

Having Kirk start, I think, actually improves our chances; not the reverse.

This could be a trap game for us with a healthy RGIII, but with Cousins, the guys all know they got to step it up.

I say give RGIII the time to really heal and put your faith in the Captain.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I think I'd rather send Cousins out there than an injured RG3. Our pistol option game works because of the threat of RG3 slipping out and running. If the knee causes him to lose a step, that aspect of our offense is gone.

Maybe we'll see how well RG3 can run a traditional offense in the NFL without the option run trickery? I'm looking forward to it.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:41 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:No one said the Browns are a joke, but at the end of the day they are 5-8....hence, very beatable.

Flawless logic...... :roll:

HOWEVER, they are 5-3 in their last 8 and 4-3 at home.

It isn't as simple as looking at their record. We are at a point in the season where momentum starts to factor in...... and CLE has momentum.

That said, CLE matches up well with us. Offensively they have an inconsistent rookie QB and a below average running game. In order for our 2ndary to hold their own, they need to play against an inaccurate QB prone to making mistakes (doesn't everyones, I know but even more so for us). They have that in Weeden. Richardson is also averaging only 3.3 ypc over the past 5 games.

CLE has a good D, but they haven't exactly been playing the NFL best as of late against a Roth-less PIT, then OAK, and KC. Regardless, we'll need to score early to take control of the game since it is played away. I think that is why RGIII is so important. But if he's not ready, then we can't force him back.

All in all, I think CLE is our game to lose --- BUT they aren't playing like a 5-8 MIA or BUF. So I wouldn't go out there and say CLE is a team playing like a 5-8 squad. They are playing better.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby DOGSRBACK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

LOL Glad to see all teams have fans like you

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:at 10 minutes to 9, while i'm over here talking about 5 rookies that won us the game, you're saying if KC1 starts vs the browns we will lose?

like.. enjoy the win, let the week play out and if you hear that KC1 is going to start den come back with the opinion that we will lose.

are you in the dmv area bro? cuz around here all of us are walking around looking for purple to gloat at.

LPJ has exactly the right attitude!

Yes, what a win. The Browns-now-called-Ravens must have been "gobsmacked" as SLR and UKSkins might say...and however that word originated, it sounds like the way all Baltimore must feel.

I beginning to think this Redskin team is like the Nats: never give up on them, never count them out. Never.

Postby DOGSRBACK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 pm

LOL the best part is some of you sound just like Cincy fans that we beat, or Steel3r fans of San Diego fans Oakland and KC suck. We have lost three games this year in the last 45 seconds of the game. I bet if we just one 1 or 2 of these games you would not be feeling that great.

1. You do not have a better RB
2. You do have a better QB
3. You do have better core of WRs, but Gordon is better than all of them
4. We have better o-line and D-line

Again you get respect when you win, the Browns are starting to earn respect around the league. Without RG3 your team is ...you just have to look over the past 10 years to prove that.

At Cleveland Good Luck with that.....

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm

funsho2 wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Do you know the lotto numbers for the upcoming drawing?? Do you know if it will rain next Sunday?? You seem to know an awful lot throwing out a statement like that.

I am telling you that the browns are no joke....look at what they did to the steelers with the best defense in the league....

We're gonna BLAST the brown-stains....skid marks, wipe them with Wet Ones and clean them up....!!!

Then FLUSH them down the toilet.............PERIOD....!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:1. You do not have a better RB
2. You do have a better QB
3. You do have better core of WRs, but Gordon is better than all of them
4. We have better o-line and D-line.

1. 359 more yards on six more carries for Morris says different.
2. Agreed
3. Garcon is better than Gordon, but I'll give you the rest.
4. With our injuries, I'll give you the D line, but you are incorrect on the O line.
Your score: One and a half out of four, Not too good.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football