Garcon: "Kirk is the starter"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

^^ THIS - totally agree

we are playing better in all facets of the game - even the ST and D play has been better - maybe not stellar, but better

we can win this game with Kirk - he's shown he's got a good arm and he's not fazed - I like how he and RG3 have looked like they're in sync during the games
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am

Another smoke screen or an honest assessment of a quick healer. I predict the latter.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/11/rober ... &eref=sihp

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 am

Captain Kirk will win if he starts...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Countertrey wrote:I would not simply brush off Cousins. He CAN beat the Browns.

I also think Counsins is good. Based on what we have seen from him, he is REALLY good.

The question ultimately is whether he can sustain this type of consistency for 4 quarters. If he can, he is an NFL starter.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I would not simply brush off Cousins. He CAN beat the Browns.

I also think Counsins is good. Based on what we have seen from him, he is REALLY good.

The question ultimately is whether he can sustain this type of consistency for 4 quarters. If he can, he is an NFL starter.

I like Kirk and agree with you (for some other team), so don't take this the wrong way, but I don't look at him as a starter in the NFL. I look at him as a back up in the near term, and as a first round draft pick thereafter. He is nothing more than an insurance policy for Griffin this (and maybe next) year and an option for a #1 to be exercised at our discretion. I can't wait till he's flipped for a number 1 in a year when the safety we need is in the draft.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I still believe that the reason we took Kirk was mainly because the FO thought he was excellent value at that time and that he might be worth a higher pick in the near future - I like how he has handled his time here and his opportunities and how he seems to be trying to be a part of everything that is going on with our offense

Kirk Cousins may be a great #2 to RG3 but I think he's going to get us a good player in the draft or via a trade

I like Kirk Cousins and I think he's going to be a good NFL QB
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football