Browns/Redskins Triva Dont cheat lets see how good you are

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Guys back off, it's our job to bully Browns fans lol!

:lol:

He's mad because their entire organization wanted RGIII. That's why this game means so much to him even though they have no chance at anything positive this year.

lol Its funny how you think that because ESPN said that...Its like how ESPN always talk about Yankees, Red Sox, and Tebow....

Well I tried to come in here and talk football, but I guess there is know body that smart to answer the triva I gave. You guys really do have a lot in common with Steeler fans all retarded and married your sister. Dont care MODS kick me out the fact is I tried to talk some good football, but there is KNOWBODY that know football here. I do respect being a homer of your team, you should be!!!!!! Good Luck this weekend again Browns win and lets hope RG3 does not shatter his leg because as we know as RG3 goes is how the Skins go!!!!

Speaking of NOBODY being smart enough to talk football.... :roll: I'm the furthest thing from a grammar Nazi too!
So ya, that's a pretty bad poop stain.
Like Cleveland.

BOM,
ROASTED!!!
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:Well I tried to come in here and talk football, but I guess there is know body that smart to answer the triva I gave. You guys really do have a lot in common with Steeler fans all retarded and married your sister. Dont care MODS kick me out the fact is I tried to talk some good football, but there is KNOWBODY that know football here. I do respect being a homer of your team, you should be!!!!!! Good Luck this weekend again Browns win and lets hope RG3 does not shatter his leg because as we know as RG3 goes is how the Skins go!!!!

So you expected serious answers to trivia questions that you obviously had to google yourself? I would bet most of our members could answer the Redskins specific questions, easily, but what's the point? I did find it funny that you asked about the all-time post-season record between the two teams, though. Obviously, Cleveland hasn't won anything since the merger, and being in the AFC, the only time the teams could have met in the post-season since then, was in the Super-Bowl.

And no, you didn't come in here to try and talk football. You came in here to try and talk smack, but you failed miserably!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Go on back to your own board, Ralphie.

I've looked at the Browns message boards. You gotta fat lotta nerve accusing anyone of inbreeding. :lol:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby DOGSRBACK » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DOGSRBACK wrote:Well I tried to come in here and talk football, but I guess there is know body that smart to answer the triva I gave. You guys really do have a lot in common with Steeler fans all retarded and married your sister. Dont care MODS kick me out the fact is I tried to talk some good football, but there is KNOWBODY that know football here. I do respect being a homer of your team, you should be!!!!!! Good Luck this weekend again Browns win and lets hope RG3 does not shatter his leg because as we know as RG3 goes is how the Skins go!!!!

So you expected serious answers to trivia questions that you obviously had to google yourself? I would bet most of our members could answer the Redskins specific questions, easily, but what's the point? I did find it funny that you asked about the all-time post-season record between the two teams, though. Obviously, Cleveland hasn't won anything since the merger, and being in the AFC, the only time the teams could have met in the post-season since then, was in the Super-Bowl.

And no, you didn't come in here to try and talk football. You came in here to try and talk smack, but you failed miserably!

Cleveland leads 1-0.....but the Cleveland team was the Rams who beat the Skins 15-14 in that 1945 NFL title game...THERE IS YOUR ANSWER....

as for going back to my own board..I think its funny what all Redskins fans want a circle jerk all over pic of RG3 someone comes in and try to talk football about this week and you do not know what to do....boo hoo go back to your own board WE dont like other teams fans I to busy looking at more pics of Doug Williams

You fans are a joke...Triva is test knowledge which none of you have....

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm

So funny when a sad little troll wonders away from their bridge... Talks a bunch of crap... Then gets sad and beaten when some.one responds. Typical poop fan.. typical troll... Certain loser.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Which NFL team is named after the color of feces?

Call it out if you know it...
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:
Cleveland leads 1-0.....but the Cleveland team was the Rams who beat the Skins 15-14 in that 1945 NFL title game...THERE IS YOUR ANSWER....

Wow, how many NFL teams has your city had? Crossing your fingers this one'll stick around? Hey, when your team packed up and moved to Baltimore in 1996; how long before you realized they were missing? My guess is sometime in 1999 when losing returned to Cleveland.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
DOGSRBACK wrote:

Wow, how many NFL teams has your city had? Crossing your fingers this one'll stick around? Hey, when your team packed up and moved to Baltimore in 1996; how long before you realized they were missing? My guess is sometime in 1999 when losing returned to Cleveland.

BOOM! :lol:
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 am

ROTFALMAO I hope this isn't the best Cleveland has to offer. Its just been sad really

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

LOL A Browns fan. LMFAO
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 am

It's a bit of a shame, really - this guy may actually be one of the 'brighter' Browns' fans :shock:

how can you have even a partly serious discussion with someone that clearly shows he's not that capable

I have no issue with a Browns fan thinking they will win this game ... BUT ... to base that on anything that has happened in the past or ANYTHING that has NOTHING to do with what happens on the field this Sunday is just STUPID

I think the game is 'decided' by the Redskins - no matter what the Browns players and coaches do - the Redskins will win this game by eliminating silly penalties and by just playing at the same level and with the same intensity they've shown the past 4 games

The Browns are playing well but they're not winning this game no matter how well they play

IMO - The Redskins decide the outcome NOT the Browns

and

the correct term is "trivia" ... from the word 'trivial' ... kind of like the Browns pursuit of a title :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Skins History Buff

Re: Browns/Redskins Triva Dont cheat lets see how good you a

Postby welch » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:1. What is the all time regular season head to head record Browns vs. Redskins?

{Probably very one-sided in favor of the Browns. Paul Brown's team joined the NFL with a more advanced offense than anyone had seen; at the same time, the Redskins were slipping down and farther down as GP Marshall's ego tried to prove that he could out-manage George Halas, and then, in the '50s, Marshall decided to make the Redskins the team of segregation. Changed the fight song from "Fight for old DC" to "fight for old Dixie"...which doesn't even sing well. The Browns moved to the AFC, along with the Steelers and Colts, just as the Redskins became very good: about 1971. Would not have faced each other often}

2. What is the Redskins all time postseason record vs. Cleveland teams?

{Can't remember that the teams ever played in post-season}

3. Name the 5 players that also at some point played for the Browns that have made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Washington Redskins.

{Bobby Mitchell. Everyone else is a midget compared to Mitchell. Some Browns, such as Frank Ryan, played out the end of their careers wuith the Redskins. I think Ryan was the backup for Sonny Jurgensen in the late '60s. Dick Modzelewski, brother of Ed "Big Mo", started as a lineman for the Redskins but was sent to the Giants, where he became all-pro...maybe Hall of Fame..."Little Mo" played beside Roosevelt Grier, and made the Giants defense very tough}

4. What 2 Redskins first round draft choices played at some point with the Cleveland Browns?

{Don't know, but I'll take a wild guess: Ralph Guglielmi and Pat Richter}

5. During a certain era of their history the Redskins became known as the "Over the Hill Gang" because they would trade their high draft picks for veterans. How many years in this era did the Redskins go without ever selecting in the first round of the NFL draft?

{Next first round draft pick was Art Monk, taken in 1980. George Allen continued to trade first rounders even after the Over the Hill Gang retired. This got him Joe Theisman and Dave Butz...shrewd decisions. Bobby Beathard continued after Allen left to coach the Rams}

6. From 1946 to 1962 the Washington Redskins held their training camp at a college attended by a future occupant of the most famous address in that city....and which school was also the alma mater of a Vice Presidential Candidate (who didn't make it) that played in the NFL. What was the school and who were the two men involved here that went there?

{The Redskins trained for many years at Carlisle "Indian School", home of Jim Thorpe. No idea of VP candidates, but Jim Thorpe is thought to have been among the greatest athletes of all time.}

7. In 1963 the Redskins moved from the above school and from then til 1994 they trained at the school that was attended by one of the founding fathers of the National Football League. Where was this school?

{OK...maybe this was Carlisle}

8. What were the Washington Redskins originally named?

{Boston Braves...named to remind Bostonians of the baseball team now playing in Atlanta, and probably a reference to the "indian" disguises that the Liberty Boys wore as they dumped tea in Boston Harbor in 1773.}

9. Vince Lombardi was not the only ex-Packers coach to be the HC of the Redskins. What other former Packer coach went on to coach the Skins?

{Curly Lambeau. Did not last long, since Lambeau could not tolerate GP Marshall's interference. Or you could say that Marshall could not tolerate a strong-minded coach}

10. Who did Vince Lombardi replace as the HC of the Redskins?

{"Toot", the great QB, passing strategist, and HC who decided that fans didn't want to see defense or a running offense. Moved rookie-of-the-year RB and all-pro Charley Taylor to WR, paired off with Bobby Mitchell, and Jerry Smith at TE. Taylor was 6-4, 217 pounds, fastest player on the team, and a dazzling cut-back runner with great hands. With Sonny J passing, it was like the invention of nuclear weapons. If only Toot -- anagram of "Otto" -- had built a Paul Brown running attack and defense]}

11. The Redskins, true to the racist nature of their owner George Preston Marshall, were the last NFL team to integrate. How finally did this integration come about....against the will of Marshall.

{Interior Secretary Stewart Udall told Marshall that his team could not use the new DC Stadium (now named RFK) if they remained a segretated business. Since DC had no home-rule then, the US Government had built the stadium and owned it. Meanwhile, Marshall's friend, Edward Bennett Williams, a liberal, had pushed Marshall to drop the color barrier. Marshall dallied around, at one point claiming that he would have swung a trade for Bobby Mitchell except that the Browns (maybe Modell owned them by then?), evil people, had refused the Redskins fine offer of MC Reynolds...the Redskins' third-string QB. Shirley Povich wrote some of his most devastating articles as he pounded Marshall day after day}

12. Besides the Redskins, what other major professional sports team did Jack Kent Cooke own at one point?

{Teams, I think. JKC owned both the La Lakers and the LA Kings. He was Canadian, and later said that "I counted the large number of ex-Canadians in LA and thought owning a hockey team would be great business...then learned that all the ex-Canadians had moved to LA to get away from ice hockey!"}

This is a tough set of questions without looking them up. Partial answer, therefore.

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Guys, it's a Browns fan, like all dieses it'll die out.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey, I don't mind as long as they guy is polite. The Cleveland Rams question was a good one...I'd forgotten about them. I think Bob Waterfield was their QB, and later because famous with the LA Rams.

As long as this guy is not insulting, I am happy to remember Bobby Mitchell's first game AGAINST the Browns. There is a youtube of Mitchell's catch-and-run...well worth watching.

SCskinsFan

Re: Browns/Redskins Triva Dont cheat lets see how good you a

Postby SCSkinsFan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

welch wrote:
DOGSRBACK wrote:1. What is the all time regular season head to head record Browns vs. Redskins?

{Probably very one-sided in favor of the Browns. Paul Brown's team joined the NFL with a more advanced offense than anyone had seen; at the same time, the Redskins were slipping down and farther down as GP Marshall's ego tried to prove that he could out-manage George Halas, and then, in the '50s, Marshall decided to make the Redskins the team of segregation. Changed the fight song from "Fight for old DC" to "fight for old Dixie"...which doesn't even sing well. The Browns moved to the AFC, along with the Steelers and Colts, just as the Redskins became very good: about 1971. Would not have faced each other often}

2. What is the Redskins all time postseason record vs. Cleveland teams?

{Can't remember that the teams ever played in post-season}

3. Name the 5 players that also at some point played for the Browns that have made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Washington Redskins.

{Bobby Mitchell. Everyone else is a midget compared to Mitchell. Some Browns, such as Frank Ryan, played out the end of their careers wuith the Redskins. I think Ryan was the backup for Sonny Jurgensen in the late '60s. Dick Modzelewski, brother of Ed "Big Mo", started as a lineman for the Redskins but was sent to the Giants, where he became all-pro...maybe Hall of Fame..."Little Mo" played beside Roosevelt Grier, and made the Giants defense very tough}

4. What 2 Redskins first round draft choices played at some point with the Cleveland Browns?

{Don't know, but I'll take a wild guess: Ralph Guglielmi and Pat Richter}

Ernie Davis could have counted if he hadn't died. The other 1st round draft choice that played for the Brownies was Kenard Lang.

5. During a certain era of their history the Redskins became known as the "Over the Hill Gang" because they would trade their high draft picks for veterans. How many years in this era did the Redskins go without ever selecting in the first round of the NFL draft?

{Next first round draft pick was Art Monk, taken in 1980. George Allen continued to trade first rounders even after the Over the Hill Gang retired. This got him Joe Theisman and Dave Butz...shrewd decisions. Bobby Beathard continued after Allen left to coach the Rams}

6. From 1946 to 1962 the Washington Redskins held their training camp at a college attended by a future occupant of the most famous address in that city....and which school was also the alma mater of a Vice Presidential Candidate (who didn't make it) that played in the NFL. What was the school and who were the two men involved here that went there?

{The Redskins trained for many years at Carlisle "Indian School", home of Jim Thorpe. No idea of VP candidates, but Jim Thorpe is thought to have been among the greatest athletes of all time.}

7. In 1963 the Redskins moved from the above school and from then til 1994 they trained at the school that was attended by one of the founding fathers of the National Football League. Where was this school?

{OK...maybe this was Carlisle}

8. What were the Washington Redskins originally named?

{Boston Braves...named to remind Bostonians of the baseball team now playing in Atlanta, and probably a reference to the "indian" disguises that the Liberty Boys wore as they dumped tea in Boston Harbor in 1773.}

9. Vince Lombardi was not the only ex-Packers coach to be the HC of the Redskins. What other former Packer coach went on to coach the Skins?

{Curly Lambeau. Did not last long, since Lambeau could not tolerate GP Marshall's interference. Or you could say that Marshall could not tolerate a strong-minded coach}

10. Who did Vince Lombardi replace as the HC of the Redskins?

{"Toot", the great QB, passing strategist, and HC who decided that fans didn't want to see defense or a running offense. Moved rookie-of-the-year RB and all-pro Charley Taylor to WR, paired off with Bobby Mitchell, and Jerry Smith at TE. Taylor was 6-4, 217 pounds, fastest player on the team, and a dazzling cut-back runner with great hands. With Sonny J passing, it was like the invention of nuclear weapons. If only Toot -- anagram of "Otto" -- had built a Paul Brown running attack and defense]}

11. The Redskins, true to the racist nature of their owner George Preston Marshall, were the last NFL team to integrate. How finally did this integration come about....against the will of Marshall.

{Interior Secretary Stewart Udall told Marshall that his team could not use the new DC Stadium (now named RFK) if they remained a segretated business. Since DC had no home-rule then, the US Government had built the stadium and owned it. Meanwhile, Marshall's friend, Edward Bennett Williams, a liberal, had pushed Marshall to drop the color barrier. Marshall dallied around, at one point claiming that he would have swung a trade for Bobby Mitchell except that the Browns (maybe Modell owned them by then?), evil people, had refused the Redskins fine offer of MC Reynolds...the Redskins' third-string QB. Shirley Povich wrote some of his most devastating articles as he pounded Marshall day after day}

12. Besides the Redskins, what other major professional sports team did Jack Kent Cooke own at one point?

{Teams, I think. JKC owned both the La Lakers and the LA Kings. He was Canadian, and later said that "I counted the large number of ex-Canadians in LA and thought owning a hockey team would be great business...then learned that all the ex-Canadians had moved to LA to get away from ice hockey!"}

This is a tough set of questions without looking them up. Partial answer, therefore.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football