it's Dallas Week!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

it's Dallas Week!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:52 pm

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!!
Great win over the fecals today, but its Dallas WEEK now! Most important game of the year will be played in less then a week... and we need to bring our A game. Hopefully D ware is hurt, dez is hurt, demarco, hell all of em! But we need to game plan like they are all full go and wanting to tear our heads off. No celebrations for holding off the fecals, straight to game planning for the pukes. Im super nervous already, usually this is our superbowl every year... NOW if we win we can actually make a run at the REAL one. WOW. Im already pretty happy with the season on a whole, we've overcome a lot of tough injuries. I really hope our guys can do what it takes to sweep the pukes and leave them and NYG at home watching us play in the playoffs.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
HAIL TO VIC-TOR-Y..
BRAVES ON A WARPATH,
FIGHT!! FOR OL' D.C.!!!!!

HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 pm

WE WANT DALLAS...

The question, then, is "Why?"

Here's the answer...

Background: In 1958, the Washington Redskins were almost sold to Clint Murchison, Jr, a Texas Oilman. The deal was all but struck, but at the last minute, the cantankerous Marshall changed the terms. As a result, the deal fell through. Murchison, needless to say, was not happy.

The Beginning: It all started with Barney Breeskin. He was, at one time, the leader of the Washington Redskins band. He also wrote the music to “Hail to the Redskins”. His wife wrote the original lyrics, one line of which was “Fight for Old Dixie”.

In 1960, Clint Murchison started a journey to create and own an NFL Franchise to be placed in Dallas. The Redskins, in those days, were the ONLY NFL team in all of Dixie. Dallas, of course, is in Dixie. Marshall saw this as his personal dominion.

Marshall was the only dissenting owner. Enter Barney! In the late 1950’s, Old Barney had a major falling out with old George, and was feeling especially vindictive. He was aware of Murchison’s situation, and approached the oilman with a proposal. Give me $5000, and you will own the rights to “Hail to the Redskins”. This, Barney knew, would be the leverage Murchison would need to force Marshall’s hand.

The Dallas Cowboys were born of an act of extortion... They were born, in other words, "EVIL"
He was right. Murchison, essentially, extorted Marshall: more or less, 'Vote for my franchise, get your team march back'. Murchison got his unanimous vote. Marshall wasn't happy, but, at least, he got his march back.

The Dallas Cowboys were born… into an instant hostile relationship with the Redskins. There was never good blood, but, both were pretty ineffective teams through most of the 60’s. Who cares about a rivalry between losers?

That changed with the arrival of George Allen
“Forty men together can’t lose!”
- George Allen, December 31st, 1972, pumping the team up before the NFC Championship Game.

When Allen arrived on the scene in 1971, one of the things he knew was that, as much as the fans may have hated it, the route to championships required that we develop the ability to dominate the Dallas Cowboys. He was the perfect man for the job… and the Cowboy’s arrogance and milquetoast team personna, represented by the always perfect demeanor of Tom Landry, and the super clean cut presentation of Roger Staubach, provided the perfect foil for Allen’s blue collar, down and dirty, every man approach. Simply put, Allen already hated Dallas.

Dallas was a very effective team under the leadership of Tom Landry, and had developed a reputation for mechanical precision, with a well-rounded attack, and an aggressive defense.

Allen was part coach… part psychologist… and all genius. He knew how to convert every ounce of potential in a player into performance on the field. He knew how to make his team HATE Dallas… and immediately went to work, creating his version of the men in black hats… the Dallas Cowboys… and turning them into the demons of the NFC East.
Some players were convinced that Tom Landry had been, in an earlier life, a serial killer. Tex Schram was, in many Redskin minds, the very image of evil. Allen was indeed, a master motivator, who could whip his team into a frenzy… his teams invariably played over their heads as a result. They were on a mission.

According to John Wilbur, who came to the Redskins as part of the “Ramskins” deal from LA (and whom, ironically, played for Dallas from 1966-1969) “George Allen never used to say ‘the Dallas Cowboys’. It was always ‘the goddamned Dallas Cowboys”. It’s the Cowboys’ uniform. It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense.”

Allen baited Staubach. He coached Talbert, who baited Staubach, and relished that role. Taunted him without end. Talbert’s existence seemed focused on messing with the Cowboys quarterback, without end. Whenever possible, there was a threat… or a belittlement… or an attempt to embarrass… or intimidate… “I want Staubach in the shotgun.” Talbert insisted.

Allen didn’t have to push Talbert very hard. Diron arrived in Washington already not caring very much for Staubach, as Roger had taken offense to a post season comment by Talbert. Ron McDole (the Dancing Bear), when asked his impression of Roger Staubach, said “Roger Staubach can’t read defenses, and wears skirts."Challenging Staubach’s manhood became part of the Redskins repertoire…

The Cowboys responded. They got angry… and, on occasion, completely lost their cool… Playing the Redskins became torture for them, which was exactly what Allen wanted. According to Walt Garrison, the Cowboys coaching staff became concerned that there were Redskins scouts spying on every practice… (on the other hand, Coach Allen was convinced that there were spies all over the place at his practices, as well).

The culmination was Roger Staubach’s only personal foul penalty of his career. Following an interception of his pass by Pat Fischer, Staubach tried chasing him down, catching up to the Redskins cornerback only after he stepped out of bounds… and promptly gave him a shot. Others there were convinced that he hit Fischer, but he really wanted to find Talbert.

“Tom Landry, hahahaha. Tex Schram, hahhaha. Roger Staubach, hahahha.”
-George Allen to a television camera, after beating Dallas in Texas Stadium in 1976.

George Allen figured that the way to win the NFC East was to always beat the Cowboys.
It was fortunate that he really didn’t like them…
He gave birth to decades of the greatest football rivalry on earth… as quotes from his players, and from subsequent years attest…

“Die you dogs. Die you Dallas dogs.”
- Sam Wyche (a Redskins back-up QB at the time)

“Losing to Dallas was the worst feeling in the world. You’d rather have your arm cut off.”
-Diron Talbert

“If you came out of the (Dallas) game and you weren’t bleeding, you hadn’t played.”
- Ken Houston

“I picked him up and pushed him back… It wasn’t a smooth play, it was a desperation play. It was such an eerie feeling when it happened. There wasn’t any noise in the stadium for maybe three seconds. All of a sudden… the place went crazy. I had never seen anything like it.”
-Ken Houston, on stopping Walt Garrison in the final seconds of the classic Monday Night Football game in October, 1973

“We don’t like them, they don’t like us.”
- Roger Staubach

“Yeah, but only after he went for my knees three times.”-Jack Pardee, after being accused of trying to knee Dallas receiver Lance Alworth in the head.

“My front four will be faced with the task of beating the “sweat-hogs”. It’s my belief that to be a defensive lineman, you have to have a personal hate for your opponent.”- Ernie Stautner, defensive coordinator, Dallas

“We’re standing there for the national anthem. When it’s over, Joe (Bugel) looks over to the other sideline at Ernie Stautner, who’s the Cowboys defensive line coach. Joe yells over to him and flips him off.”-Joe Jacoby

“Be sure… you learn how to get to the airport, will you?”
- Tom Landry, Head Coach, Dallas, to his players prior to the 1982 NFC Championship game

“Joe Theismann is a garbage-mouth little SOB. He’s such a hot dog that all he needs is a bun.”
-John Dutton

“I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, ‘Our coaches love you. We’re going to run it over you again and again.’ Randy wasn’t very happy, but after three or four times, he didn’t say a word.”-Jeff Bostic

“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…”
- Dexter Manley, referring to Danny White whom he knocked out of the first half of the 1982 NFC Championship game.

Since those years, the rivalry has waned a bit. Next week… that may all change. Bring back the hate!
We Want DALLAS!
HTTR!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Countertrey wrote:Dallas, of course, is in Dixie.

No, no, no.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Flex

Postby LORD GIBBS » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Watching the hawks and niners they just said skins a cowgirls will be flexed to Sunday night
I BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Sooooo, in that case I'm the Luke skywalker of cowboy hating...
"The hate is strong with him it is."

Thanks for the great history CT! Some if rings a bell, probably from the last time you skewled me, but it never gets old.. the first and last two quotes are epic! Can't believe I havent added one to my Sig yet, Smfh
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Dallas, of course, is in Dixie.

No, no, no.

That sentence had me a little confused to be honest.. :idea:

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:12 am

Does the drama get any thicker? Man oh man! Lets go RG3, RG3, RG3!! HTTR
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:42 am

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:50 am

DarthMonk wrote:Image

I still have this si.....might have to break it out for tailgate.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 am

Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 am

Back in the days when Mario (yes, that Mario) was an NFL ref, I see.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am

gay4pacman wrote:

I still have this si.....might have to break it out for tailgate.

Me too, and the SB edition that follows. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am

Addition to CT's summary:

- In 1971, the Washington Senators' thieving owner, Bob Short, stole the team away to "Arlington", a "jerkwater" [Shirley Povich] spot on the border between Dallas and Ft Worth. Short had dumped many of the regulars who had given the team a winning record in 1969; people quit going to games, so he claimed that Washington was a bad sports town. He assumed that he could sell the team to a Texas oil billionaire...and he did, pretty quickly.

- Washington fans went nuts during the last game. See pictures here:
http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthrea ... 3355b49296
(requires signing up, but that's no big deal). With the Nats comfortably ahead, and two outs in the top of the 9th, fans rushed the field, pulled up sod, grabbed bases, and mourned.

- (Crazy) George Allen had been appointed Redskins coach and GM earlier in the year. Remember that the Redskins had had only two winning seasons since forever; had not been to a playoff game since 1945; had been the joke of the NFL in the late '50s and early '60s. In spite of that, George promised that the Redskins would go to the playoffs because

(a) It was a lie and near-treason for Dallas to advertise themselves as "America's Team". Washington is the Nation's capital, Allen reasoned. If anyone is "America's team", it has to be the Redskins

(b) His Redskin team would answer baseball's insult in having moved the Nats to Dallas. We will give this town something to cheer for, that's approximately what George said. Everyone thought he was crazy...especially when Sonny broke his (non-throwing) arm making a tackle during a pre-season game.

- Hopeless, right? Allen had traded many years' worth of draft picks to collect some old defensive players, saying "The future? The future is NOW". In one play, the Skins lost the best QB in football.

...and Dallas Week was born

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

Here we are - from 3-6 to 9-6 - 6 wins in a row

THIS IS DALLAS WEEK

How rewarding it is for these Redskins players and coaches to put themselves in this position - we don't ever want to win anything because some other team 'helped' us

this next game is all that matters and all that has been important for the last 6 games

GO SKINS - BEAT DALLAS
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Revive the HATE! It is time. Let Diron Talbert do the coin toss.

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football