NFC East Champion Post-Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seeing Romo's presser is.....satisfying. They are crushed.

He's so pathetic. I hope they re-sign him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 am

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 am

Alfred Morris was our MVP to me.

He should be ROY.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:50 am

The Hogster wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seeing Romo's presser is.....satisfying. They are crushed.

He's so pathetic. I hope they re-sign him.

He's my second favorite QB in the entire NFL!!!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Alfred Morris was our MVP to me.

He should be ROY.

Guy has been unbelievable this season. The fact that he went the whole season is impressive. A lot of rookie RBs can't handle the whole season grind, which is why I told everyone to slow down on the the Helu bandwaggon. The fact that this guys went the whole season as a workhorse back and got 1600+ yards to boot as a rookie shows me we have a stud on our hands.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 am

won seven straight, needed all of them. crazy, best skins team i've seen since i was 5
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 am

HTTR!! Goodnight gentlemen. Need to get at least 4 hours of sleep here before work tomorrow if i'm going to party my a$$ off tomorrow night!! Happy New Year boys!!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:HTTR!! Goodnight gentlemen. Need to get at least 4 hours of sleep here before work tomorrow if i'm going to party my a$$ off tomorrow night!! Happy New Year boys!!

Wait! Stay up for the next edition of the loser papers. Congrats to all, including me. For the most part, I was under control, an exception being when Williams jumped offside, setting up the punt, the punt return, and then the touchdown. I foresaw it all from the time Williams pulled the boner.

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 am

I'm just really proud of this team. For the first time in 20 years it feels like we have a team that can contend for a title.
Don't get me wrong I was happy with 2005 and 2007 teams making runs to the playoffs but I never felt they had what it took to win it all.
This year and the future looks really bright. Bring on the Shehawks!
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 am

It is times like these that make all of the frustration, anger, and hearing smack from fans of other teams over all of these years so sweet. For the first time since 2007, we don't have to feel a sense of shame for our team sucking it up year after year. Beam with pride, my redskins brothers, and enjoy this moment (and hopefully many more to come) to bask in the proverbial sun.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 am

What this team has accomplished this season is nothing short of amazing. Most teams would've closed up shop at 3-6 and started planning for next season. Not the Skins. This team has chemistry. This team has heart. This team has what it takes to become champions...but let's not put the cart ahead of the horse just yet.

I love the fact that the Skins swept Dallas this year AND knocked them out of the playoffs...going 5-1 in the division was no small feat either, in fact, I can't remember the last time the team did that. That said, I found our offensive play calling very puzzling in this game. Do any of you wonder why our intermediate to deep passing game was almost non-existant? With the Dallas secondary being one of the worst in the league, I don't believe it was because Dallas had our receivers blanketed the entire game. It looked to me like our offensive play calling was deliberately staying away from the passing game. It ended up working out well in this game, but how deep into the playoffs do you think this team can go having 100 yard passing games? I know we have the best rushing attack in the league, but I think they will have to get much more production through the air than we saw in this game if they hope to advance.

Seattle is without a doubt the best team the Skins have faced this year. Look what they did to the 49ers last week. They are phenominal in every facet of the game and they could be the best team in the conference. We are gonna need 300+ yards passing, 150-200 yards rushing, no turnovers, and very few penalties to beat them. In other words, a near perfect game. And with RGIII clearly still not at 100% (and probably won't be the rest of the season), it's gonna be tough to win this one. If the Skins can somehow win this one, they will have a ligitimate shot to go all the way....

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 am

What a Game! Watching Haz and Fletcher rip apart the Cowpies was a treat! I am wondering if they haven't caused another offensive coach to loose his job!
I bet if you mention the name 'Morris' withing Ryans' hearing he'll hurl into the nearest trashcan - the amazing thing is that he might be promoted to Head Coach! Go figure!
3 turnovers! And D. Hall was platered to that receiver - his name escapes me - Romo and Whitten arguing! and the most dangerous player that #17 Harris? (who scares the hell out of me) Romo kinda ignored - perfect!
The offense was pure ball control, i thought it would be. I truely believe they knew they could score whenever they needed to - they played with that much confidance. But, i don't think anybody could see Morris geeting 200yrds! If there was a monkey on Kai's back it is now gone, i'm glad that it is over with.
Seattle is going to walk right into a buzz-saw when it comes here this weekend.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 am

Seattle is 3-5 on the road this season. They've beaten Buffalo, the Rams, and Chicago. One of their home wins was due to replacement refs making a bad call. Yesterday, they beat the Rams by one TD. Not impressive. They are travelling across the country, playing on grass, in the cold. THat's quite a bit different than playing the Cardinals in Seattle. I like the fact that TIm Hasselback and other "pundits" are picking the Seaturds. Let 'em. I love my Skins and like our chances.

Meanwhile, the Skins will beat the Pukes again this wednesday night at 9:00. Enjoy. ;)

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seattle is 3-5 on the road this season. They've beaten Buffalo, the Rams, and Chicago. One of their home wins was due to replacement refs making a bad call. Yesterday, they beat the Rams by one TD. Not impressive. They are travelling across the country, playing on grass, in the cold. THat's quite a bit different than playing the Cardinals in Seattle. I like the fact that TIm Hasselback and other "pundits" are picking the Seaturds. Let 'em. I love my Skins and like our chances.

Hopefully the Skins aren't looking at Seattle the way you do...they'd better be looking at them as the team that beat the Pats and 49ers or we're gonna get our asses whupped!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am

grampi wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seattle is 3-5 on the road this season. They've beaten Buffalo, the Rams, and Chicago. One of their home wins was due to replacement refs making a bad call. Yesterday, they beat the Rams by one TD. Not impressive. They are travelling across the country, playing on grass, in the cold. THat's quite a bit different than playing the Cardinals in Seattle. I like the fact that TIm Hasselback and other "pundits" are picking the Seaturds. Let 'em. I love my Skins and like our chances.

Hopefully the Skins aren't looking at Seattle the way you do...they'd better be looking at them as the team that beat the Pats and 49ers or we're gonna get our asses whupped!

One thing is clear, loyal Skins fans don't look at our team the way that you do...or did in the game thread last night. It was downright pathetic how you tried to find the worst in every situation.

I don't think for one minute that this team will take the Seahawks lightly. My point is that the Seahawks are more a product of their homefield advantage and running up scores on Buffalo and the Cards. They are not Supermen. They barely beat the Rams yesterday. They will be travelling across the country and playing in a fired up environment against another hot team. They will be playing in the cold and on a grass field that Doc Walker said last night looked horrible. No, I'm not overlooking them, but I'm not giving them the victory either. I suspect we'll see you do just that more than once this week. :roll:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football