Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Postby HAWK FAN » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:36 am

Not trying to pick lame internet fights or trash talk on the internet. I know some of you can't resist so feel free to trash me. I have awesome thick skin and like a frikin honey badger I take what I want and I don't give a ****

So anyway. Lets talk ball. I love your tailback and secondary, people want to take shots a DeLo Hall but they are idiots. Any updates on RG3's knee or is that like a pentagon secret?

Also whats your view on special teams. I have no idea how good, or not the Skins special teams is.

I'm cool as a cucumber, just here to talk. No need to be a Richard.

Postby HAWK FAN » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 am

Oh yeah. I have you guys bookmarked so if you have questions....fire them at me.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 am

I think many people overate the seahawks....they have a bad record away from seattle....they are 1-8 on the road in the playoffs since like forever including their superbowl run in 2005......get ready to make it 1-9 homie

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 am

Welcome to the site Hawk Fan, check your PM's
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

ch1

Re: Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:30 am

HAWK FAN wrote:Not trying to pick lame internet fights or trash talk on the internet. I know some of you can't resist so feel free to trash me. I have awesome thick skin and like a frikin honey badger I take what I want and I don't give a ****

So anyway. Lets talk ball. I love your tailback and secondary, people want to take shots a DeLo Hall but they are idiots. Any updates on RG3's knee or is that like a pentagon secret?

Also whats your view on special teams. I have no idea how good, or not the Skins special teams is.

Welcome, until you're not. I've been a Wilson fan since his college days and pushed to draft him before we able to come up with RG3. People told me I was nuts to want him early (by third round) and that he would be lucky to be drafted at all. Last laugh mine, except now we must face him. Much respect. If Luck finishes ahead of him as ROY I will be disturbed.

piggie

Re: Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Postby capitaldefense » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 am

HAWK FAN wrote:Not trying to pick lame internet fights or trash talk on the internet. I know some of you can't resist so feel free to trash me. I have awesome thick skin and like a frikin honey badger I take what I want and I don't give a ****

Morris: A young stud who runs with power and almost never fumbles. The first guy never brings him down.

RG3: he probably shouldn't have played again Philly but he did and gutted us to a win. He still wasn't 100% against Dallas but you started to see flashes. He will be very close to 100% if not 100% when we play you, get ready.

Secondary? Not sure where you got that one from, we are very thin with suspensions and injuries there. D Hall can play great at times and not so much at other times. Our safeties are a huge liability.

Special teams: Our kicker was signed about 8-10 weeks ago and has only missed one kick, he is like 17-18 on FG's, can't kickoff all that great. We have a couple of youngsters returning kickoffs and punts, they are solid and can break a 40 yarder at times. Our Punter is solid as a rock, 40-55 yards every single kick.

I know your defense has carried you most of the season, saw your team a couple of times earlier in the season, against the Panthers comes to mind I think you beat them by a point. Your offense has come on late it seems and you will need it to continue. Your RB is a load and will get his, Russell better be ready to go because he is going to have to match the best playmaker in football to keep up.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 am

As long as you stay respectful, you'll get what you are looking for at this site. If you want to talk smack, that's OK too, as long as you do it in the Talking Smack forum.

As for this game: it's time for some playoff payback. Everyone outside DC is underestimating the Skins to their own detriment. This team has been on a mission since the bye week and will be representing the NFC in the SB against the Broncos.

About our STs: Last year, and early this year we seemed to have blocking problems on punts and FG attempts, but since the addition of Cobra Kai at kicker, and a change at the returner positions, our STs have been excellkent.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 am

First teams are gonna get alot of reps this week in practice. No better way for these defenses to prepare than to practice against their own offensive starters.

I dont know about Seattle but, here in the DMV, each week theres a report about which of the opponents players tries to simulate RGIII in practice.
The Seahawks may be the only team that can get an accurate look through the week.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 am

My breakdown of the Seahawks.

Well I think they have the best secondary in the league. Cam Chanceleor reminds me of a saftey we used to have. Cam also mentioned that when he played for V tech he wanted to be just like Sean Taylor and I think he is on his way. Also those corners are very tough. Linebackers are solid and D line is solid. Bruce Irvin is turning out to be very good. I would say the Niners and Seahawks have the two best defenses.

As far as the offense goes. To me I think we just key on Lynch stack the box with Fletcher spying Wilson we should win the game. We have to force Wilson to win the game through the air which I dont think he can do.

The X factor will be RG3. How is RG3s knee? This is the question Pete Carrol is wondering. If RG3 is at least 85 percent I feel we will win the game no problem. If RG3 looks similar to this past weeks game. Well we still win by three points.

Our defense is a bend but dont break defense. We have weaknesses against the pass but we are strong against the run. So I expect us to key on Lynch forcing Wilson to beat us through the air.

Our offense is a Time of possesion clock draining offense. While I respect Seatles defense. I think the DLine is smaller then the Dlines we face in the NFC East. So I do think Morris will be able to get about 120 yards on the ground with a couple TDs. Then Playaction with Garcon is going to hurt the overly agressive corners of Seattle.

So I think Seattles corners will for the most part contain the Skins through the air they will get burnt on playaction big plays.

Skins 24 Seahawks 21 last second field goal. See u next year. HTTR
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

swine

Postby RG3peat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Im glad to see Seattle 1st round...you guys have a long travel and will play on a slow track. Your defense is top notch but lets see if you guys can figure out this read option run/pass offense. Both run games are great to help control clock. Both teams must contain the qbs although ours has more schemed for him while Wilson scrambles and extends plays. Both passing games are OK but not breath taking. Should be a close game as it seems both teams strengths play into the others.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Tough game and definitely the most even game among the handicap bet houses. It might go down to the wire and the last play of the game.

Seattle, as most West Coast teams, does not travel well to the East Coast. Wilson's rating away is 40 points under his own at home.

There will be NO SOUND PIPING in favor of the Hawks at the Stadium: advantage Redskins.

Payback time. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Welcome S-Hawks, fan!

I've been as impressed as most people with Wilson. Seems like a good kid, and you gotta admire a guy who is getting it done when people said he couldn't.

We're looking for some playoff payback this year though.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Welcome

Good luck on Sunday

HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm

The Seahawks are over rated due to their unusual stadium advantage both with noise and location. We will win by at least 10.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote: There will be NO SOUND PIPING in favor of the Hawks at the Stadium: advantage Redskins.

Payback time. :twisted:

Beyond that, the house is sold out... There will not be a lot of Squawk fans there... they don't travel, like some team's fans do... it's going to be loud...

Danny needs to spring for an acoustical roof over the sidelines... make it even louder.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football