Aldrick Robinson

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:22 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I think who is throwing the ball goes into consideration too... Yes he dropped one in his hands, but rex threw it- his eyes were probably looking at the nearest db for the ball to be thrown to.. #truelife
ROTFALMAO
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Plus he had all day to think about it:

Here it comes.
Better not drop it, it's coming right at me.
I wonder where all the defenders are?
OK, it's getting close now.
Which way do I turn and run after I catch it?
I'll go left. No, right. Yeah, right's definitely better.
OK, here we go.
Oops!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Careful review shows a -ahem- ball bouncing off his chin. =;
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Careful review shows a -ahem- ball bouncing off his chin. =;

hahaha

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Aldrick possesses speed not many players in the NFL do. It wont hurt one bit to have him strech the field. We have seen flashes of brilliance from him. Just would like to see some consistency from him. Moss isnt the same speedster he once was but still reliable.

Some websites are reporting the WRs of our team are a weakness. I disagree I think WR is a strength.

I am anxious to see if Aldrick can take it to the next level and be a consistent player on this team. We are all rooting for him.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Aldrick possesses speed not many players in the NFL do. It wont hurt one bit to have him strech the field. We have seen flashes of brilliance from him. Just would like to see some consistency from him.

That consistency is crucial, though. Once teams figured out that he basically had one weapon last year — running deep in a straight line — they compensated when he was on the field and Robinson disappeared. Once he gets a firm grip on crossing and underneath routes, watch out. But it's important to note that his speed and ability to stretch the field won't really be a factor until he also develops those other aspects of his game.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am

^^ True that.

Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins

The Washington Post believes Redskins WR Aldrick Robinson has a roster spot "locked up."

Robinson had a forgettable preseason debut, but has been practicing well going back to the spring. A true seam stretcher, Robinson will serve as a situational deep threat if he indeed keeps his roster spot.

Source: Washington Post Aug 14 - 3:14 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I think who is throwing the ball goes into consideration too... Yes he dropped one in his hands, but rex threw it- his eyes were probably looking at the nearest db for the ball to be thrown to.. #truelife

I vote that all the receivers are just boycotting Rex's passes :lol:

He did decent, but it was a little disappointing after all the OTA hype of his improvements to still see him a little on the inconsistent side.

Seems he's developing; I just hope he does so faster. Guess we'll get a more accurate idea of where he is on Monday.

Still pulling for you Aldrick!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 am

Should we try Aldrick as a returner?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

ACW if he has shown that there is a 75% chance he doesn't catch the ball I would hate to give him a chance returning. I don't care what type of speed of how fast a person is, if they can't catch then he should either be cut or change positions to the defensive side of the ball. He has been here what 3 years and he still can't be relied on catch a ball. Sunday's play is a prime example of why he should be on the waiver wire. Aldrick Robinson has had enough chances and enough screw ups IMHO. As far as kick returner, I don't see the speed in Thompson that everyone says he has, seems to me Jamison looked faster, stronger than Thompson is preseason and I think he should be our kick returner if nothing else.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
ACW wrote:Where's Hank?

I don't view Hank as a big time play maker. Someone who has some sort of talent set that makes him a serious threat. There's nothing about him that is physically remarkable or poses a threat to a defense. In addition, he's kinda inconsistent.

That being said, he could grown into being a consistent/solid contributor.

Davis and Jordan - speed, athelticism, match up issues
Garcon - YAC, ball skills
Aldrick - blazing speed
Thompson - blazing speed
Morgan - potential for YAC now that he has the screws out, strong hands, amazing blocker in run support, tenacious runner with the ball

Thompson seems to at a loss at what he's doing. He can be counted on to head for the middle of the field, usually into a cluster of defenders. Frankly, he looks terrible, and so has Morgan. I was OK with losing Banks...not anymore. What is the name of that guy who looked so good in the pre-season....fancy moves, speed....almost broke won.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 am

What is the point to scrutinize our wide receivers when the QB misses them by 5 yards or more?

RGIII is not consistently accurate and the ball does not seem to have last year's zip either. Numerous people have pointed at his lack of planting properly to pass.

You know RGIII is NOT playing and running well when even DEs are catching up to him from behind this year. Last year, even CBs could not touch him.

To me the key to coming back to shape will be the day when RGIII is not wearing and does not need that KNEE BRACE anymore. His passing accuracy and zip will improve and our WRs will look a lot better too.

Patience. It will still be painful for a while but we have no other choice. We have the equivalent of a DEVELOPMENT QB with the injury (and psychological) recovery.

Our "defense", on the other hand ... is breaking all kinds of NFL records ... bad records that is. I am not sure that something can be done about it still in time during this season.

Will defense improve with better offense? Of course it will! However, that "improvement" will be due to the fact that they may not be on the field so often. :evil:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:25 am

^^^Grant you I have seen RG 0-3 have some passes behind the receiver there has been progression on his accuracy. That pass to Robinson was a perfect pass and yet Robinson does what he does best, beat the safety and drop the pass..........That pass that was intercepted in the Packers game too looked to me on target but Morgan didn't catch it, it's deflected off his hands and ends up intercepted. Seems to me maybe that one receiver on the PS needs to be promoted he can catch and return kicks. Better than what we have now. Seems to me the only ones catching with consistency is Garcon, Reed and Hankerson. Even Moss seems to be no longer a serious target and when he is thrown too the balls are behind him. Heck even Paulsen hasn't been catching with the regularity he did last year.......

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football