Off site Parking

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Off site Parking

Postby stammer44 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 am

I am visiting Fedex Field for the first time tomorrow. I am a Skins fan from New York and was wondering if there is anywhere to park away from the stadium. Someone told me about a lot close to the Largo Town Center. Can anyone help me with this ?

~~~~~~

Re: Off site Parking

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:33 am

stammer44 wrote:I am visiting Fedex Field for the first time tomorrow. I am a Skins fan from New York and was wondering if there is anywhere to park away from the stadium. Someone told me about a lot close to the Largo Town Center. Can anyone help me with this ?

I park anywhere FREE near to the closest public transportation and NEVER drive into FedEX. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

You can do what RiC suggest. I have parked at the Addison road Metro and took it to the Morgan Blvd station (just over a mile walk to the stadium). You could park at the Largo town center or the Metro lot right next to it (just under 1.5 mile walk) but I have no idea what if anything that costs.

There is a pay lot just off the beltway (Arena Drive exit). If you use it, come early and park close to the exit. It is only about a half to 3/4 mike walk from there. When you leave get to the middle lane and look for signs to Central Ave (214). Take 214 to 301North, that turns into 3N, take 3 to 97 and you end up in Baltimore.

WHATEVER YOU DO STAY OFF OF THE BELTWAY!!! (I495) Only schmucks use the beltway. You hear ask of these horror storys about traffic to and from the stadium. They either parked deap in a parking lot close to the stadium or took the beltway. If you like that sort of thing by all means use the beltway and park close to the stadium. It usually takes me less time on game days to get home from the stadium than it would on a week day. Traffic in and out of the strapon is fine, just don't use the beltway. Too many other good ways to get in and out. In hope they never move the stadium back downtown.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

You can do what RiC suggest. I have parked at the Addison road Metro and took it to the Morgan Blvd station (just over a mile walk to the stadium). You could park at the Largo town center or the Metro lot right next to it (just under 1.5 mile walk) but I have no idea what if anything that costs.

There is a pay lot just off the beltway (Arena Drive exit). If you use it, come early and park close to the exit. It is only about a half to 3/4 mike walk from there. When you leave get to the middle lane and look for signs to Central Ave (214). Take 214 to 301North, that turns into 3N, take 3 to 97 and you end up in Baltimore.

WHATEVER YOU DO STAY OFF OF THE BELTWAY!!! (I495) Only schmucks use the beltway. You hear ask of these horror storys about traffic to and from the stadium. They either parked deap in a parking lot close to the stadium or took the beltway. If you like that sort of thing by all means use the beltway and park close to the stadium. It usually takes me less time on game days to get home from the stadium than it would on a week day. Traffic in and out of the strapon is fine, just don't use the beltway. Too many other good ways to get in and out. In hope they never move the stadium back downtown.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 am

GOOD
skinsfan#33 wrote:You can do what RiC suggest. I have parked at the Addison road Metro and took it to the Morgan Blvd station (just over a mile walk to the stadium). You could park at the Largo town center or the Metro lot right next to it (just under 1.5 mile walk) but I have no idea what if anything that costs.

BETTER
WHATEVER YOU DO STAY OFF OF THE BELTWAY!!! (I 495) Only schmucks use the beltway. You hear ask of these horror storys about traffic to and from the stadium. They either parked deep in a parking lot close to the stadium or took the beltway. If you like that sort of thing by all means use the beltway and park close to the stadium. It usually takes me less time on game days to get home from the stadium than it would on a week day. Traffic in and out of the stadium area is fine, just don't use the beltway. Too many other good ways to get in and out.

BEST
There is a pay lot, just off the I 495 Beltway (Arena Drive exit). If you use it, come early and park close to the exit. It is only about .5 to .75 mile walk from there. When you leave the lot (after the game) get to the middle lane and look for signs to Central Ave (214). Take 214 to 301 North, that turns into 3N, take 3 to 97 and you end up in Baltimore.
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football