End of an Era - The Hogettes have disbanded.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:30 am

I, of course, loved the Hogs but, nothing personal, always found the Hogettes to be a bit of an embarrassment.

I've worn the snout but never the dress. If they had fun, more power to them. I was cool with it and all but it just wasn't my thing. Thanks for sticking it out for so long but I can't say I'm gonna miss ya.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

DarthMonk wrote:I, of course, loved the Hogs but, nothing personal, always found the Hogettes to be a bit of an embarrassment.

I've worn the snout but never the dress. If they had fun, more power to them. I was cool with it and all but it just wasn't my thing. Thanks for sticking it out for so long but I can't say I'm gonna miss ya.

My 2 cents

I pretty much feel the same way. It is sad that an era is coming to an end, but I am not really sad to see cross dressing piggies go away.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 am

Oh come on guys ... the Hogettes are an icon, and it takes some serious stones for pot bellied, hairy legged bubbas to wear dresses in public! :lol:

I sat with them a couple of times at RFK, and recall one afternoon that was quite cold, as they passed around a "skin" filled with brandy. Those Guys and Chief Zee have to be the longest running and most consistent super fan mascots in team history, and were always entertaining. There will be something missing without them in the stands.

The good old days.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 pm

DarthMonk wrote:always found the Hogettes to be a bit of an embarrassment.

I hear ya. I always thought they were a bunch of attention starved dopes. Nothing funny about a man in a dress. Total embarrassment to the team and league.

Jose Bugel nicknamed a specific group of players the hogs at a specific time in history. Of course the Steel Curtain, Electric Company and Fearsome Foursome, etc. were nicknames for a specific group of players at a specific time in their teams history. Unfortunately, for some dysfunctional reason, some Redskin fans are still beating a dead horse thirty years later referencing the Hogs. Heck, there's a clown three rows down from me who wears a dress and pig nose to games. Kncuklehead.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Wow... someone, sadly, missed the whole point... and clearly has no sense of humor... nor appreciation for history...

Maybe their time is past... but I still have to feel a bit sorry for you.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks to the Hogettes and all their good charity work.

I met some of them at our tailgates. Some were getting old and forgetful but most were good people and all were just die-hard fans.

Thanks again for your work!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football