Kaepernick is doing what we will doing with Rg3 healthy

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Kaepernick is doing what we will doing with Rg3 healthy

Postby funsho2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 am

But the only difference is ...kaepernick runs out of bounds more often and slide .....these are the things rg3 needs to do when he comes back.....this new dynamic offense is here to stay....clay matthews was dazzled all night just like demarcus ware was in the dallas ame

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 am

He's been getting smarter. I mean look at his first couple of games. The photos honestly look like he was the only guy playing. Even had blood on his back (assuming it was his).

I think he did the best thing for the team doing that; he inspired them to play again. They when everyone started getting better and better through the season, you seem trying to "plow" through linebackers less and less.

He did the slide move at Dallas when he ran through the middle of the field. He also runs close to the sideline on most of his runs as well.

He'll continue to get smarter, the team will continue to play better as well resulting in a lesser need for him to run.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 am

Everyone seems to be copying this gimmicky offense that gets QB's hurt. I wonder why? It'll only work in college they said.

We still run it better than anyone with a healthy RG3. We have Morris and next year with Davis back , it becomes even more dynamic.

This was kaepernik's offense in college though. He looks good in it.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm

the read-option and pistol offense that Kyle and Mike have devised here was done to help RG3 be more comfortable

RG3 has said that the first part of the season was VERY difficult for him EVEN with this offense - he indicated that once he started getting more comfortable with it and Kyle & Mike got to adapt the offense to take advantage of his assimilating what they wanted and what the defenses were doing - the offense became a lot easier for him

we're going to see this offense adapt continuously and it will be a better AND much safer offense for RG3 - RG3 is quicker than Kaepernick, he has a better passing game and he's a lot smarter than Colin ...

I can't wait ....
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:the read-option and pistol offense that Kyle and Mike have devised here was done to help RG3 be more comfortable

RG3 has said that the first part of the season was VERY difficult for him EVEN with this offense - he indicated that once he started getting more comfortable with it and Kyle & Mike got to adapt the offense to take advantage of his assimilating what they wanted and what the defenses were doing - the offense became a lot easier for him

we're going to see this offense adapt continuously and it will be a better AND much safer offense for RG3 - RG3 is quicker than Kaepernick, he has a better passing game and he's a lot smarter than Colin ...

I can't wait ....
kap looked really good last night. I sure wish that one time Aikman would have admonished him and the coaches for all the running. But, now, San Fran are brilliant.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:32 am

I was a little jealous watching 49R.

I felt like a first adopter of a new technology.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League