Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

A little late but, suppose KC had offered Bowe (WR) and Flowers (CB) for the Captain?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 am

DarthMonk wrote:A little late but, suppose KC had offered Bowe (WR) and Flowers (CB) for the Captain?

If RGIII was healthy, I'd consider it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:A little late but, suppose KC had offered Bowe (WR) and Flowers (CB) for the Captain?

If RGIII was healthy, I'd consider it.

That's what I was thinking.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 am

And it now appears that Matt Cassell is available as a back-up QB. But, who would you rather have as our back-up? Of course along with the return you proposed for the Captain makes that scenario look even better.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:

And it now appears that Matt Cassell is available as a back-up QB. But, who would you rather have as our back-up? Of course along with the return you proposed for the Captain makes that scenario look even better.

For the first time ever, I'd actually be willing to bite at that one IF we had Matt Cassell on the roster first.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Cassell is a turnover machine.
KC will most definitely NOT be offering Bowe to anyone.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah I don't see Bowe going anywhere, as he's KC's 2nd best offensive player.

But honestly I'da maybe considered Flowers & him for Kirk.

I'd prolly want a late round pick thrown in too tho.. even if it was in next years draft.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Countertrey wrote:Cassell is a turnover machine.

:hmm: Why not :?:

Sure they would have to actually re-sign him before next week... and he's going to want more than the $9M+ per year that he got last year.

Throw in the BIG Ole signing bonus the top free agent WR will expect... the same BIG Ole signing bonus (ALL of IT :!: regardless of the length of the deal(once they have a deal)) KC would have to eat at the time of the trade.

I could see him as been a option had been a option. Considering players that are traded, have their contract move with them (a lot of them are then reworked). Considering Bowe isn't under contract with ANY team, this would have been the prefect time to trade a player like Bowe to some sucker trying to unload a QB. :twisted:.

IMHO the Redskins are most definitely NOT be offering Cousins to anyone... :o ... this year :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby RG3 Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 am

No way. Don't even think about it this year. Next year maybe. No guarantee that Griffin will be ready by the start of the season.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

This was a silly question last season when RGIII only had a "sprained LCL" and it's borderline insane now that he has a torn ACL and LCL and is not certain to be 100% for the entire season.

If anything, you keep Cousins and if he continues to play well, he drives up his value for a future trade in Year 3 or more realistically 4.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 pm

this franchise will be keeping Kirk Cousins for at least 1 more season

we have issues, sure ... HOWEVER .... we're NOT going to 'weaken' the most important part of the team - NO WAY

I fully expect RG3 to start the season at QB

we're just NOT going to move Kirk Cousins at this time - there's no pressing need to do that - NONE
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I would trade him.....Reason being is HOW does the staff continue to install 2 different type offenses. Kirk doesnt run the read option AT ALL, which is kinda confusing considering hes pretty mobile, when hes in there. Why not grt something and either get ....ohh man, Im gonna catch it.....Vince Young to back RG3 up AND maybe in the 4-5 round select Denard Robinson in the draft. I know he doesnt have great height, a reason hes projected and learning the WR position....He could be our slot guy while learning the QB position...Young would be a 1-2 year deal.....I just think its gotta be tuff to install 2 systems at the same time....

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 am

ova da weekend "heard" something bout cousins to the browns.. n e 1 else hear bout dat? rumors or truth to it?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:23 pm

1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Cassell is a turnover machine.

:hmm: Why not :?:

Sure they would have to actually re-sign him before next week... and he's going to want more than the $9M+ per year that he got last year.

Throw in the BIG Ole signing bonus the top free agent WR will expect... the same BIG Ole signing bonus (ALL of IT :!: regardless of the length of the deal(once they have a deal)) KC would have to eat at the time of the trade.

I could see him as been a option had been a option. Considering players that are traded, have their contract move with them (a lot of them are then reworked). Considering Bowe isn't under contract with ANY team, this would have been the prefect time to trade a player like Bowe to some sucker trying to unload a QB. :twisted:.

IMHO the Redskins are most definitely NOT be offering Cousins to anyone... :o ... this year :D

Because he is the only truly reliable weapon their new quarterback has. Up until the point they got Smith, a deal for Bowe would have been a possibility... they will now not only make sure they sign him... they will keep him.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:36 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:ova da weekend "heard" something bout cousins to the browns.. n e 1 else hear bout dat? rumors or truth to it?

I haven't heard anything on that bro.

What would be the compensation?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football