London Fletcher Plans to Play Next Season...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:37 pm

SkinsJock wrote:^^ +1

We need a lot better play from our front 7 this season - while we need some help in our secondary - being able to bring pressure will help that area as well

The front D is also our "lowest priority". Hate to say that because I do agree with you guys. They are doing well, but there definitely needs to be a "stepping up" of every man on that front line.

I see us upgrading that in 2014, but then again...who can under stand the mind of Shanny man?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 am

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:This guy is not human.

I think he's the most human of all.

Come on Tre he made some huge plays this season. In fact saved a touchdown against the Cowboys which could have easily turned the tide in that game. Furthermore its not as if Fletcher is a weakness of the team.
We know the secondary is the weakness. z

Just look at Ray Lewis. We all know Ray was not the physical specimen he used to be. However he willed his team to a SuperBowl victory. I see Fletcher in the same light. Except Fletcher still has some gas in the tank.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:The front D is also our "lowest priority". ....
They are doing well, but there definitely needs to be a "stepping up" of every man on that front line.
I see us upgrading that in 2014, but then again...who can under stand the mind of Shanny man?

The "front D" might be our lowest priority in your opinion ...

The ineffective pass defense IS the #1 priority in my opinion - accomplishing THAT ... STARTS with getting pressure on the QB from the guys up front
AFTER we have that resolved, we take a look at the secondary :wink:

I have faith that with the players we have and with a few additions we can improve our pass defense a lot
this will happen through better game planning and better utilization of the players' abilities

what I'm also saying is - Jim Haslett needs to 'upgrade' his part in the defense - BIG TIME
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Come on Tre he made some huge plays this season. In fact saved a touchdown against the Cowboys which could have easily turned the tide in that game. Furthermore its not as if Fletcher is a weakness of the team.

Just look at Ray Lewis. We all know Ray was not the physical specimen he used to be. However he willed his team to a SuperBowl victory. I see Fletcher in the same light. Except Fletcher still has some gas in the tank.

:-k You have completely misread what was said.

Fletcher is anything but superhuman. He is too small, too slow, too weak to be an effective middle linebacker... he has never been the physical freak that was Ray Lewis. He has no business anchoring any NFL defense... yet, he has made a career of exceeding his abilities, simply because he wills it. He made it happen. He could not fall back on speed, nor strength, nor size, nor an incredible athletic talent.

That, I think, makes him more human than you or I... or Ray Lewis. I don't think he can be paid a higher complement. I admire him more than any player on the Redskins since Pat Fischer... because he is great DESPITE a relative lack of physical gifts that others can thank for their NFL careers.

Players such as them are the proof that anyone who want's it badly enough can do whatever he or she wants.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Agreed, Trey. And I'm pretty happy he'll be proving that concept again for at least one more year. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

:-k You have completely misread what was said.

Fletcher is anything but superhuman. He is too small, too slow, too weak to be an effective middle linebacker... he has never been the physical freak that was Ray Lewis. He has no business anchoring any NFL defense... yet, he has made a career of exceeding his abilities, simply because he wills it. He made it happen. He could not fall back on speed, nor strength, nor size, nor an incredible athletic talent.

That, I think, makes him more human than you or I... or Ray Lewis. I don't think he can be paid a higher complement. I admire him more than any player on the Redskins since Pat Fischer... because he is great DESPITE a relative lack of physical gifts that others can thank for their NFL careers.

Players such as them are the proof that anyone who want's it badly enough can do whatever he or she wants.

I stand corrected and fully agree. :D
Those are the same qualites I admire him for.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

London Fletcher - LB - Redskins

Redskins ILB London Fletcher says he dealt with "balance issues" early last season after suffering a concussion in the preseason.

The Redskins never announced Fletcher's injury, and he missed just one preseason game. Fletcher says his balance issues continued through late October, but claims they were "something with (his) neck." The fact that Fletcher was still having "balance issues" during the regular season is alarming, and further proof of how far the league still has to go with regards to head injuries. Declining, 2013 is likely to be Fletcher's final season.

Source: CSN Washington Aug 23 - 9:19 AM

I wonder if that preseason game is the only game he's missed as a pro.

How many months have 28 days? Is infinity more than 1,500?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football