Mike wants Rex Grossman to be in DC

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:People hated the Kirk acquisition last year... Mike got nailed by the local and national media... People here felt it was a wasted pick because we need offensive linemen... Let Mike do his thing, if he wants Rex back, so be it.

I think you're overstating the opposition to that move. Yes, the usual suspects questioned the pick, but the overall response was positive.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:People hated the Kirk acquisition last year... Mike got nailed by the local and national media... People here felt it was a wasted pick because we need offensive linemen... Let Mike do his thing, if he wants Rex back, so be it.

I think you're overstating the opposition to that move. Yes, the usual suspects questioned the pick, but the overall response was positive.

Deadskins wrote:

No. It wasn't. The pick was ridiculed by the media. They said RGIII would be jealous. Their were articles talking about and predicting QB controversey. The articles that talked about the reaction that Kirk had to being selected after RGIII. That pick got a lot of attention, negative attention early-on. Then RGIII lit the world on fire. And then RGIII got hurt, showed some fragility and people were happy about the pick and loved it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

I also remember the VERY negative articles from many about the draft and how BAD a job the Redskins had done - PRIMARILY because Mike took Cousins

recently they have said this was a good decision but NONE of them said they were wrong - they almost point to how 'lucky' the FO was in taking Cousins
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I wasn't talking about the media. Look at the portion of the quote I highlighted in yellow.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:13 pm

:twisted:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football