Antoine Winfield visiting on Wednesday

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm

sounds like there's a chance we could get D. Hall back ...

whatever ... :roll:

there is no way that our secondary and pass defense is not an improvement over what we had ....
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 am

Well, Hall IS back. But that doesn't necessarily rule out Winfield?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 am

SkinsJock wrote:sounds like there's a chance we could get D. Hall back ...

whatever ... :roll:

there is no way that our secondary and pass defense is not an improvement over what we had ....

There were two defenses last year, don't forget that. Dez was the hottest WR in football when Hall shut him down to win the NFCEast. The defense already improved over the travesty that was the first half of the year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: ... There were two defenses last year, don't forget that. Dez was the hottest WR in football when Hall shut him down to win the NFCEast.
The defense already improved over the travesty that was the first half of the year.

I'll agree with that ... and that even after losing some players :shock:

I'm not sure we can 'afford' both Winfield and Hall but ....

I am glad that Hall is back and IF these guys think Winfield still 'adds' to the defense - they'll find a way

I know that Hall did have a lot of good plays for us last season but I still think he might be given a look at FS
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: .. Or maybe they're courting Winfield to make Hall lower his price...

UK Skins Fan wrote:.... I doubt they'd have wheeled out RGIII for the courtship dinner last week if it was just a plot to bring Hall's expectations down.
Of course, they COULD be hoping to get Winfield AND Hall, but I doubt that's achievable under the cap situation.

we'll soon see :roll:

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

Well, if anybody can achieve it, it's THIS front office outfit. Comparing our current way of operating (albeit forced in part by Mr Mara and his goons) with the way of the past is like night and day. We're probably going to have some problems maintaining continuity next offseason, but one thing at a time.

If we could still add Winfield to this defence, I think it would be huge - we could actually see the corner position become a position of strength, and be able to concentrate on the safety position in the draft.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

I don't know if its feasible, but sounds like the FO is still actively trying to make it happen.

I like the approach either way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

I could see Winfield thinking that the Redskins 'spent' the money on bringing Hall back and he could get a decent payday elsewhere ... this is understandable in today's market ...

but - we have RG3 and that makes a HUGE difference - we're not just a playoff contender anymore - we're a step above that now :D

nothing beats having your cake and eating it too :lol:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:We're probably going to have some problems maintaining continuity next offseason

I don't see why; we'll have a ton of cap space.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

Deadskins wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:We're probably going to have some problems maintaining continuity next offseason

agree - these guys have sure turned things around here very quickly ...

not having a first round pick in the next 2 drafts is a bit of a worry but when you consider what we have and where we are - the trade for RG3 was an absolute steal

The NFL (except for Goodell and Mara) will soon look at this FO and their staff as one of the best (if not THE BEST) in the NFL

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

Deadskins wrote:

And a whole bunch of people with contracts ending after the 13/14 season. Haven't seen a figure for how much cap space we're projected to have, but I'm not certain that we'll suddenly have $18m loose change to play with.

I'd change the wording of my original post from "probably" to "maybe" ;-)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I thought I read (ex 1niksder) that we're looking at about $30M of cap space available - of course it's 'approximate'

we also have the VERY good guys in charge now and they have NOT put us in a position where we are looking at a lot of trouble, salary wise, next season - unlike what we used to see :lol:

I see an awful lot of players that will be 'available' next season because they could not get what they wanted and signed short term deals with an idea that they'd get more money
a lot of these players are going to be VERY disappointed when they find out that they are NOT worth what they think they should be

the NFL is very quickly becoming a young players league - in the past, teams paid for proven, established 'talent' - not any more
a few players will, but, there are going to be a lot of good players NOT getting what they think they should

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 pm

#21 = Forever in our hearts

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 pm

spudstr04 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/04/02/winfield-redskins-share-high-mutual-interest/

Like what I'm hearing.....

Me too!
...so far Zo is the only loss of the off season with plenty of positive resigns. Adding Winfield would top off a stellar (cap strapped) free agency.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/04/02/winfield-redskins-share-high-mutual-interest/

Like what I'm hearing.....

Me too!
...so far Zo is the only loss of the off season with plenty of positive resigns. Adding Winfield would top off a stellar (cap strapped) free agency.

Definitely! I hope the article is accurate in that BOTH parties remain very interested...even if we aren't the highest bidder, he may still decide to ball for us.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football