Antoine Winfield visiting on Wednesday

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:We're probably going to have some problems maintaining continuity next offseason

I don't see why; we'll have a ton of cap space.

And a whole bunch of people with contracts ending after the 13/14 season. Haven't seen a figure for how much cap space we're projected to have, but I'm not certain that we'll suddenly have $18m loose change to play with.

I'd change the wording of my original post from "probably" to "maybe" ;-)



Players with expiring contracts after this season...

Baker, Chris
Biggers, EJ
Boyle, Pat
Brace, Ron
Briscoe, Dezmon
Davis, Fred
Davis, Tristan
Doughty, Reed
Fletcher, London
Hall, DeAngelo

Holland, Devin
Jackson, Rob
Jackson, Tanard
Kehl, Bryan
Lindsey, Korey
Merling, Phillip
Morgan, Joshua
Moss, Santana

Muckelroy, Rodderick
Murphy, Jerome
Orakpo, Brian
Pashos, Tony
Pugh, Jordan
Riley, Perry
Robinson, Aldrick
Rocca, Sav

Tapp, Darryl
Trueblood, Jeremy
Williams, Keiland
Wilson, Josh
Worthington, Doug


The Skins currently have 42 players under contract for 2014, and no dead money. If the cap doesn't move next season the Redskins would be about $37.3M under the 2014 cap plus any carryover from this season.

Players with high cap hits in 2014 and are in the teams future (T Williams, Garcon, Kerrigan, and Jenkins) can be extended and add even more cap space for next season. Then you have guys that may be released next year to free up space (Cofield, Carriker, Bowen, and Chester would free up a combined $14M+)


I don't see a problem in 2014, and you can thank CT for me actually having this info this soon :?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16064
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:08 am

1niksder wrote:Players with expiring contracts after this season...

Baker, Chris
Biggers, EJ
Boyle, Pat
Brace, Ron
Briscoe, Dezmon
Davis, Fred
Davis, Tristan
Doughty, Reed
Fletcher, London
Hall, DeAngelo

Holland, Devin
Jackson, Rob
Jackson, Tanard
Kehl, Bryan
Lindsey, Korey
Merling, Phillip
Morgan, Joshua
Moss, Santana

Muckelroy, Rodderick
Murphy, Jerome
Orakpo, Brian
Pashos, Tony
Pugh, Jordan
Riley, Perry
Robinson, Aldrick
Rocca, Sav

Tapp, Darryl
Trueblood, Jeremy
Williams, Keiland
Wilson, Josh
Worthington, Doug

:shock:
Wow! I had no idea it was so many. Several of this year's FA aquisitions on that list, though.
Last edited by Deadskins on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 am

A lot of contracts ending, a lot of money to spend......

.......maybe a very interesting offseason next year!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:00 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:A lot of contracts ending, a lot of money to spend ...
....... maybe a very interesting offseason next year!


no worries - the Redskins FO & their staff have done an incredible job ... there's no reason to think that anything will change in the next 15 months



I predict there are going to be a LOT of NFL players that are NOT going to be happy with the offers they are going to get next off season

most of the better managed franchises are looking ONLY at younger and faster players and are certainly not over-paying as they used to for the 'older/talented' player
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 am

Deadskins wrote: :shock:
Wow! I had no idea it was so many. Several of this year's FA aquisitions on that list, though.


Yeah because they signed one year deals, throw in the free agents from last off season that signed two year deals or deals that voids after two years. There is also quite a few guys on that list that weren't on the team last season and won't be after the final cuts this pre-season.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**ch44
Posts: 2378
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Seattle is going to be a tough team next year. Would love to see us put em down.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 am

Did he visit? Was it yesterday or next Wednesday? Talk to me goose
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16064
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Did he visit? Was it yesterday or next Wednesday? Talk to me goose

I think it was Wednesday last week.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am

Winfield is 36 - he's NOT getting better ....

our secondary needs help and Winfield would have helped but ....

no big deal, either way


Seattle could get lucky again but .... IF they make the playoffs next season, they are NOT playing at home ... :wink:
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Winfield is looking at the end of his career: he wants a soft landing spot with money and with loyalty (Minny) or a chance to the SB in this 2013 season (Seattle).

We cannot blame the guy. He has no reason to play for us in terms of less money. Seattle is offering a good opportunity with a solid secondary and, even if I disagree, a good chance in the eyes of the "experts" to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Seattle looks like another "dream team" to me, and I know that you know what I mean.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Posts: 6125
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Winfield is looking at the end of his career: he wants a soft landing spot with money and with loyalty (Minny) or a chance to the SB in this 2013 season (Seattle).

We cannot blame the guy. He has no reason to play for us in terms of less money. Seattle is offering a good opportunity with a solid secondary and, even if I disagree, a good chance in the eyes of the "experts" to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Seattle looks like another "dream team" to me, and I know that you know what I mean.


Yeah, Seattle can keep dreaming cuz I feel they are NOT as solid as the pundits say. Sure they have quality players, but I have a gut feeling that the wheels will FALL OFF the Hawks bandwagon........ just my 2 cents.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

ch1
Posts: 3632
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Winfield is looking at the end of his career: he wants a soft landing spot with money and with loyalty (Minny) or a chance to the SB in this 2013 season (Seattle).

We cannot blame the guy. He has no reason to play for us in terms of less money. Seattle is offering a good opportunity with a solid secondary and, even if I disagree, a good chance in the eyes of the "experts" to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Seattle looks like another "dream team" to me, and I know that you know what I mean.


It seems Seattle is getting all the breaks...stronger or offense because of Harvin, stronger on defense because of Winfield and other nightmare cornerbacks. They'll be the team to beat next season...we need a dynamite draft of DB's and another first class WR... and a top notch RT would help. Hold your breath...could happen (except for the RT.) Hope Robert's at the top of his game. We'll need Alfred to repear as well.

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:.. It seems Seattle is getting all the breaks - stronger on offense because of Harvin, stronger on defense because of Winfield and other nightmare cornerbacks.
They'll be the team to beat next season ...

we need a dynamite draft of DB's and another first class WR ... and a top notch RT would help. Hold your breath ... could happen (except for the RT.)

Hope Robert's at the top of his game. We'll need Alfred to repeat as well.


:shock: although we should not be surprised, when we consider the source, as usual, most of your opinions are very negative :twisted:

adding 'star' players and 'projecting' at this time of year is something that the Redskins used to do in the past ... and we never did as well as we thought we would

Seattle is just another off-season 'award winner' following in the footsteps of the Redskins and the Eagles :lol:

we have a better FO, we have a better HC and we have a much better QB ...
we'll see where your predictions go and where Seattle finishes up :lol:

NOT adding Winfield to the defense is not that big a deal - he's just a part of the defense - our defense is not suddenly 'weaker' because we did not add a 36 year old player

GET REAL
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:adding 'star' players and 'projecting' at this time of year is something that the Redskins used to do in the past ... and we never did as well as we thought we would

Seattle is just another off-season 'award winner' following in the footsteps of the Redskins and the Eagles :lol:

we have a better FO, we have a better HC and we have a much better QB ...
we'll see where your predictions go and where Seattle finishes up :lol:

NOT adding Winfield to the defense is not that big a deal - he's just a part of the defense - our defense is not suddenly 'weaker' because we did not add a 36 year old player

GET REAL



I think a lot of what you're saying is very arguable...

- Seattle is adding star players that aren't past their prime and they aren't overpaying... Unlike the Redskins of the past. It's not really an accurate comparison.
- It's arguable who has the better organization. I'd give Seattle the nod.
- It's arguable who has the better HC. I'd give the nod to Mike for his past works.
- It's arguable who has the better QB... Although I'm biased, Wilson is amazing and is better than Robert in certain aspects.

I agree with CH, he didn't say anything remotely negative IMO. SEA has added some good components, both them and San Fran are a lot more menacing heading into the season. I do agree with you in that, we'll have to see how it plays out.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football