Great Article on the Skins' offseason

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the fact is Alexander just could not accept his role here - he was NOT good enough to be a starter

he was great everywhere but just NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Alexander needed to just accept his position and his role as a PART OF THIS TEAM

to leave in the manner that he did is just a shame - get over it

Seriously??? He was wrong to take more money for a better job somewhere else??? Give me a freaking break. That's not SHAMEFUL. That is the AMERICAN WAY.

+1

Yeah. He said in an interview that Arizona was prepared for him to start as a Linebacker, and not be as much of a special teams guy. We can't keep everybody, and his loss opens up a place for another hungry young guy to establish himself on Teams.

THANK YOU.

Absolutely no reason to bash this guy. He played his butt off for us. Like the rest of us, I'm sure he has a family to take care of and bills to pay. I wish he could have stayed a Redskin, but I hope he does well in Arizona.

Please! You're totally putting words in my mouth. No one is bashing Zo's play here, or even saying he shouldn't have taken the job in Arizona. I only think he made up the story about the Redskins changing their offer so as not to piss off the fans who he will still live amongst in the off-season. This is a matter of he said, she said. Zo and the Post say the Redskins changed their offer, The Redskins (Bruce Allen and Shanahan) say that isn't true. The (original) offer was close to what the Cards offered, though not quite as much money and no starting job. No one can blame him for taking the job, I just don't buy his excuse. I just wish he had come out and said, I got a better offer, and left it at that.
Alexander: "They were offering $2.6 [million guaranteed] with an overall contract of $7.5 million over three years. The next day, they called back and said they would only guarantee $1.4 [million] of that. "

LOL. Its just ludicrous. Not only do you believe that Alexander made up this story. You believe he actually went so far as to make up the actual contract numbers. Ooooooh-kay.

Yeah, 1.4 million is a tough number to make up. Interesting that the Skins were dealing directly with Zo, and not his agent. :shock:

The team has already proven that they were willing to jump through many hoops to retain key players, but they went out of their way to screw Zo. Ooooooh-kay.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:49 pm

However you cut it, we did the right thing. We got our money's worth out of him, but a special teams guy isn't worth what Arizona is paying him. And, he was going to be just that for us. A special teams guy who can fill in if someone gets hurt, but isn't a starter.

Whose snaps does he take? Who comes off the field so he can come on. Orakpo? Kerrigan? Fletcher? Riley? Face it, we offered Zo a contract in line with the role he'd play for us. Arizona is paying him like a low end starter. We are deeper than them. Makes total sense. No hard feelings. It's a business. Think of it like this, would you all want to have kept Zo, if it meant we couldn't bring back Fred Davis, DeAngelo Hall, Rob Jackson, or sign a guy like Biggers?

You can't get emotionally tied to a player. It's a business and someone has to go. Good luck Zo.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the fact is Alexander just could not accept his role here - he was NOT good enough to be a starter

he was great everywhere but just NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Alexander needed to just accept his position and his role as a PART OF THIS TEAM

to leave in the manner that he did is just a shame - get over it

Seriously??? He was wrong to take more money for a better job somewhere else??? Give me a freaking break. That's not SHAMEFUL. That is the AMERICAN WAY.

+1

Yeah. He said in an interview that Arizona was prepared for him to start as a Linebacker, and not be as much of a special teams guy. We can't keep everybody, and his loss opens up a place for another hungry young guy to establish himself on Teams.

THANK YOU.

Absolutely no reason to bash this guy. He played his butt off for us. Like the rest of us, I'm sure he has a family to take care of and bills to pay. I wish he could have stayed a Redskin, but I hope he does well in Arizona.

Please! You're totally putting words in my mouth. No one is bashing Zo's play here, or even saying he shouldn't have taken the job in Arizona. I only think he made up the story about the Redskins changing their offer so as not to piss off the fans who he will still live amongst in the off-season. This is a matter of he said, she said. Zo and the Post say the Redskins changed their offer, The Redskins (Bruce Allen and Shanahan) say that isn't true. The (original) offer was close to what the Cards offered, though not quite as much money and no starting job. No one can blame him for taking the job, I just don't buy his excuse. I just wish he had come out and said, I got a better offer, and left it at that.
Alexander: "They were offering $2.6 [million guaranteed] with an overall contract of $7.5 million over three years. The next day, they called back and said they would only guarantee $1.4 [million] of that. "

LOL. Its just ludicrous. Not only do you believe that Alexander made up this story. You believe he actually went so far as to make up the actual contract numbers. Ooooooh-kay.

Yeah, 1.4 million is a tough number to make up. Interesting that the Skins were dealing directly with Zo, and not his agent. :shock:

The team has already proven that they were willing to jump through many hoops to retain key players, but they went out of their way to screw Zo. Ooooooh-kay.

:roll:

PM your mailing address when you get a chance. I have a couple videos on how 9/11 was an inside job that you might enjoy.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:You can't get emotionally tied to a player.

Totally true. But apparently you can call the guy a liar on his way out the door.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

riggofan wrote:I have a couple videos on how 9/11 was an inside job that you might enjoy.

Do you mean the videos of the WTC towers falling at free-fall speed directly into their own footprint? Seen them.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Regardless... I'm glad he didn't take the first offer be it retracted or not. He wasn't worth it, and that cash might bring in Winfield.
No hard feelings but not shedding a tear either.

Here's a quick summary of our off-season to getus back to the OP....

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/footb ... ly-intact/
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 am

The Hogster wrote:However you cut it, we did the right thing. We got our money's worth out of him, but a special teams guy isn't worth what Arizona is paying him. And, he was going to be just that for us. A special teams guy who can fill in if someone gets hurt, but isn't a starter.

Whose snaps does he take? Who comes off the field so he can come on. Orakpo? Kerrigan? Fletcher? Riley? Face it, we offered Zo a contract in line with the role he'd play for us. Arizona is paying him like a low end starter. We are deeper than them. Makes total sense. No hard feelings. It's a business. Think of it like this, would you all want to have kept Zo, if it meant we couldn't bring back Fred Davis, DeAngelo Hall, Rob Jackson, or sign a guy like Biggers?

You can't get emotionally tied to a player. It's a business and someone has to go. Good luck Zo.

This x100.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football