D-Hall coming back

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

D-Hall coming back

Postby spudstr04 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:05 pm

@granthpaulsen: Source: #Redskins are closing in on a one-year deal with CB Deangelo Hall.

No April Fools...I like it. Hopefully, this doesn't mean we're not going after Winfield.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 pm

i knew d hall would be back...i like the move. we need depth, and especially experienced depth BADLY
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 pm

RT @JasonLaCanfora: DeAngelo Hall's deal will be roughly $2.25M. Skins may still be hunt for Winfield

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 pm

@UkRedskin1: Sounds like Wilson's cap number is around $4million. Cut him and can afford DHall's $2.25million and potentially Winfield too. #Redskins

Didn't think about cutting Josh Wilson. Don't like that move.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Not down with cutting Wilson and getting OLDER at the position. I'm glad to see Hall back, course winfield would he nic,e but he isn't an improvement over Wilson... doubtful he's even as good.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Highly doubt we're cutting Wilson.

However, it is interesting that the only player we wanted to keep that we didn't was Lorenzo Alexander.

Again, when is Bruce/Mike winning executive of the year?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Depends... does Mara own the selection committee?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 pm

I would love to see D Hall back. But also get Winfield. If we can't get Winfield we need to look at trying to sign a Safety before the draft. I'd like to head into the draft trying to fill as less holes as possible and just adding depth, speed and youth.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Get Winfield and move DHall over to safety. He's a ball hawk and has shown he can tackle now as well.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 am

spudstr04 wrote:@UkRedskin1: Sounds like Wilson's cap number is around $4million. Cut him and can afford DHall's $2.25million and potentially Winfield too. #Redskins

Doesn't make a lot of sense, why not restructure his final year to lower his cap hit?

Speaking of restructures... the Skins were roughly $800K under the cap and Hall will count $2.25M this year... Vic Soto's $555K would fall out of the top 51, they still had to come up with about $900K to re-sign Hall.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 am

emoses14 wrote:Highly doubt we're cutting Wilson.

However, it is interesting that the only player we wanted to keep that we didn't was Lorenzo Alexander.

the Redskins returned more starters than any other NFL team.

An outfit called Draftmetrics.com did the legwork. They looked at how many players who started eight or more games in 2012 are signed with the same team. The Redskins have the most with 21 (missing only free safety Madieu Williams, chart was compiled before DeAngelo Hall was re-signed last night). The Patriots, Packers, and 49ers kept 19 of their starters while five teams kept 18.

After years of turmoil, the thought of the Redskins being the most stable team in football might take some getting used to.

Redskins are NFL retention leaders
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 am

Another quality signing. He wants to be here, they want him here and he balled out for us when it mattered.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 am

1niksder wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:@UkRedskin1: Sounds like Wilson's cap number is around $4million. Cut him and can afford DHall's $2.25million and potentially Winfield too. #Redskins

Doesn't make a lot of sense, why not restructure his final year to lower his cap hit?
Speaking of restructures... the Skins were roughly $800K under the cap and Hall will count $2.25M this year...
Vic Soto's $555K would fall out of the top 51, they still had to come up with about $900K to re-sign Hall.

thanks 1niksder - I know this FO can finagle things better than most ...

however ... do you think that both Winfield and Hall will be here?
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am

I'm glad to have Hall back at this price. It was either him or a vet FA who would be coming into a new system and team chemistry. He really seemed to improve playing under Morris, IMO, which could mean more good things ahead this year.

Smart move by our FO. And a nice gesture on Hall's part too, as I'm guessing he could have gotten a few hundred thousand extra if he went elsewhere, if not more. (Maybe.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 am

1niksder wrote:

I know they have a couple contracts they can restructure, but it seems like Shanny and Allen have been actively trying not to do that anymore. Shouldn't we be applauding that? The team is being run responsibly finally.

I'm glad to see D. Hall coming back. If nothing else, I think this helps us a little in the draft too. Makes us a little less desperate at CB, maybe even safety? I'd still expect to draft players at those positions but hopefully this buys those rookies more time to grow into starters.

Lastly, I'm in total agreement about giving Shanny/Allen a lot of credit for this offseason. I think they've done a great job under really tough circumstances. Probably helped a little by the free agent landscape in general, but I'm still very impressed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football