What Safety will end up having the better career?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What Safety will end up having the better career

Poll ended at Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 am

Phillip Thomas
16
73%
Bacarri Rambo
6
27%
 
Total votes : 22
Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

What Safety will end up having the better career?

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

After thinking about both of the Safeties we were able to draft this past draft I am wondering who will be the better one? I think they both have great upsides but from their college careers who would you say will end up being better?

I really like both of these guys and I am not sure because they both seem to be equal.

:feedback;

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Frisco, Tejas

Postby fetus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 am

I'd say Thomas, just because I think he will be given more of a chance than Rambo will, I would like to see Thomas and Rambo start together and have success together. I hope that happens and they are both starters here for a while.
Personally I like Phillip Thomas a lot and have been high on him for a while, I was so excited when we drafted him I have no choice but to vote for him.
RGIII and the terrible D

---
User avatar
Posts: 18571
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 am

I think it'll be hard to determine. Mike will play whoever performs best this offseason. However, we don't know how the coaches view Rambo. Merriweather is a FA next year, maybe he's envision to be a SS. I believe he can play both. Also, take into consideration that FS/SS is interchangeable in this defense. Again, remember that Mike/Haz switched to the 3-4 for ONE reason... Turnovers. This team guys were turnover machines in college. It makes you think that they ultimately envision them both on the field at the same time. Amerson too...

The question is when will this occur?
Schematically, what are they being asked to do? The scheme could put one player in better position to make impactful plays but that doesn't mean that he's "better".
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am

I don't follow college ball, so I can't make a prediction based on that. Also, since they are probably going to be playing the different safety positions, it's apples to oranges in some ways. But I went with Thomas, simply because he was the higher draft pick, and has the better chance of starting immediately.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 am

Where is the "I haven't got a clue because we only drafted them two days ago and it's just too early because there are far too many variables to do anything other than toss a coin and cross our fingers" option?

If these guys are both starting in our defensive backfield together in 5 years time, my guess is that we'll have become more than happy with both of them.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 pm

I went with Thomas because I think he might bring a little more lumber to the party and he's a skins fan. I agree with UK SKins to a degree, but didn't want to cop out like a wussy and not choose ( :nana: ).

Also, I get the feeling he might have a bit of a chip on his shoulder coming in.

Nice thread idea. :celebrate:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Knowing absolutely ZERO about either of them.. I went wit Rambo.

Yes, it's cuz his name is cool.

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Where is the "I haven't got a clue because we only drafted them two days ago and it's just too early because there are far too many variables to do anything other than toss a coin and cross our fingers" option?

If these guys are both starting in our defensive backfield together in 5 years time, my guess is that we'll have become more than happy with both of them.


Amen to that my Brighton Bruva!

I'd like to think they'll both play a big part for a while to come, but there's no way of telling who will have the better career until we see how quickly they adapt to the NFL.

So ask me again in October...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 pm

I think LPJ is right. A guy named Baccari Rambo is going to sell some jerseys. :)

No idea for real though. I'll be curious to see if one of them can earn a starting spot by the end of August.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

CKRGiii
Posts: 4788
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:40 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Knowing absolutely ZERO about either of them.. I went wit Rambo.

Yes, it's cuz his name is cool.

8)


My thoughts exactly!
it'd be nice to see Rambo layin the wood and being a feared player with a name like that..., but ultimately I'm hopeful we have a ball hawking hard hitting DOU in the backfield.. so both is.my vote.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Knowing absolutely ZERO about either of them.. I went wit Rambo.

Yes, it's cuz his name is cool.

8)

It'd be better if he was Baccardi Rambo. -drinking
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm

With the way Goodgotohell is changing this league into a flag football league with pads, I don't think being known as a hitter is a good thing. It's almost like calling the NFL a Tackle Football League is almost a Oxymoron. I wonder how many fines and suspensions Sean would have amassed had he been here. I guess with the shift of things it's better to be a ball hawk than someone that causes fear when you go across the middle. All I know is with a name like Rambo he should have played in the Jack Tatum days. I just know that either of these players will be a welcome upgrade over Madoodoo Williams. I am so glad that he is gone. I also thought Gnomes would have been a solid pick but he seems to be regressing. All I know is I can't wait to see what these two bring to our team and I hope that Rambo gets the same chance I think Thomas is going to get.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I think they'll both end up being a great & powerful 1-2 punch.

Thomas is better, but they will both develop into great players.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14799
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Have no idea... but I will bet that both will have lots of opportunities to make plays... they are just what Coach "zero blitz" Haslett needs to zero blitz...

Dial it up, Has!


Voted Thomas, only because he's better.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 2481
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Countertrey wrote:Have no idea... but I will bet that both will have lots of opportunities to make plays... they are just what Coach "zero blitz" Haslett needs to zero blitz...

Dial it up, Has!


Voted Thomas, only because he's better.


I agree. I'm starting to like Has more and more. Last year he proved he could dial up plays for what he had.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football