Fans buy RG3 wedding gifts lol

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Fans buy RG3 wedding gifts lol

Postby funsho2 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Robert Griffin III's immense fan base is showing its appreciation for the Washington Redskins quarterback by purchasing many of the items he and his fiancée have listed on their wedding registry.

The link to the Bed Bath & Beyond registry had been posted last week by The Washington Post.

According to the registry, Griffin and Rebecca Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.

[+] Enlarge
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Robert Griffin III attended the NFL Honors awards show with fiancée Rebecca Liddicoat in February.

The 23-year-old Griffin expressed his appreciation to his fans' surprise purchases in a tweet Sunday.

"Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond," he wrote.

He also included a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes in his tweet.

He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.

"I didn't ask the fans to buy me anything," he wrote.

"They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH [shaking my head] at all these Debbie downers."

He also tweeted: "Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh ..."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92941 ... g-registry

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Damn the love for this guy is immense ....I dont know any player ever loved like this in pro sports..

Hog

Re: Fans buy RG3 wedding gifts lol

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 20, 2013 6:44 pm

funsho2 wrote:Robert Griffin III's immense fan base is showing its appreciation for the Washington Redskins quarterback by purchasing many of the items he and his fiancée have listed on their wedding registry.

The link to the Bed Bath & Beyond registry had been posted last week by The Washington Post.

According to the registry, Griffin and Rebecca Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.

[+] Enlarge
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Robert Griffin III attended the NFL Honors awards show with fiancée Rebecca Liddicoat in February.

The 23-year-old Griffin expressed his appreciation to his fans' surprise purchases in a tweet Sunday.

"Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond," he wrote.

He also included a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes in his tweet.

He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.

"I didn't ask the fans to buy me anything," he wrote.

"They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH [shaking my head] at all these Debbie downers."

He also tweeted: "Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh ..."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92941 ... g-registry

This is sad. Some folks really need a busier job or something...too much time for their own good.

Its almost laughable that people are talking about the poor giving to the rich. It doesn't take intelligence beyond that of a 1st grader to see its a gesture of love from the fans.

The internet makes even the most famous of citizens "touchable". This is merely the ramification of that.

I really hope all this "pestering" doesn't burn RG3 out. Just saying, people have limitations. Hope he takes time to unplug from it all.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 21, 2013 12:19 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:This is sad. Some folks really need a busier job or something...too much time for their own good.

Its almost laughable that people are talking about the poor giving to the rich. It doesn't take intelligence beyond that of a 1st grader to see its a gesture of love from the fans.

The internet makes even the most famous of citizens "touchable". This is merely the ramification of that.

I really hope all this "pestering" doesn't burn RG3 out. Just saying, people have limitations. Hope he takes time to unplug from it all.

Well said. I agree on all accounts, and I do think RG3 will continue to handle the pressure well, on and off the field.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 pm

As long as he can "SMH"... he'll be all set.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:This is sad. Some folks really need a busier job or something...too much time for their own good.

Well said. I agree on all accounts, and I do think RG3 will continue to handle the pressure well, on and off the field.

Thanks man. Its encouraging to hear this from someone else.

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:49 am

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 am

http://www.gocomics.com/tankmcnamara
"Some nice Baptist entertainment" :lol:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football