You Know RGIII Is Famous When.....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

You Know RGIII Is Famous When.....

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Glenn Beck (the idiot that he is) is devoting a segment on his radio show to completely hate on RGIII for (not his football ability, injury, or media exposure) but for his house purchase.

Says his house must be on a "toxic waste dump" since it's only worth $2.5M.

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/06/03/glenn-beck-not-impressed-by-rgiiis-house/

By what strange voodoo did Robert Griffin III become the sort of figure who’s hounded by TMZ, who makes funny faces with Morgan Freeman, who’s written up in real estate blogs, who repeatedly lands on Breitbart.com, who famous chefs compare to paella, and who inspire entire segments on Glenn Beck’s radio program?
This never happened when Jason Campbell was in charge. Life was so much simpler, then. Sure, sometimes Campbell would take his shirt off and stare longingly at dolphins, but I never had to transcribe Glenn Beck interviews, about either Campbell or dolphins.
Such is the price of superstardom, though. And thus, here’s Beck, reacting to news of Griffin’s new home.
“He just bought a new house in Virginia for $2.5 million,” Beck said. “You’re talking about Virginia — $2.5 million — and you’re talking about the quarterback of the Redskins. This guy’s in control….I mean, I don’t have any idea how much he makes, but do you know anybody who’s a sports figure who doesn’t have like a $15 million sprawling mansion with Hooters girls that park his car all the time? The guy’s in control.

“Until I look at it and I realize it says it was on three acres, has five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Now c’mon man. You’re a quarterback. Really? You’re gonna have five bedrooms and four bathrooms? Think of that, four bathrooms. Nine thousand square feet, four bathrooms and five bedrooms. That means at least two [bedrooms] don’t have their own bathroom….
“I mean, three acres in Virginia. Remember, Virginia is not cheap. It’s never been hit by the housing crisis because of the government. So he’s got this house? It must suck. Three acres in Northern Viriginia? I mean, that’s like buying it out of Manhattan. Northern Virginia is like Manhattan. You’re not getting three acres in Northern Virginia. For $2.5 million? I’m surprised it wasn’t $3 million for the acreage….
“I’m looking at the pictures of this — we have to post this — I’m looking at the pictures of this house. It’s got a movie theater in it and everything else. $2.5 million, what is it, on a toxic waste dump? Seriously? It’s in Northern Virginia.”

Sigh. Take me back to the old days, when a big Redskins quarterback story was Jason Campbell riding a roller coaster with Chris Cooley. Or, better yet, John Beck posing with dead animals. John Beck and Jason Campbell could have gone on a double date with a shirtless dolphin and a dead animal and TMZ wouldn’t have cared. Sigh.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Could it be that RGIII got a deal on his house, because he is RGIII? I mean, 2.5 million isn't really a deal, per say, but why does he need to buy a 15 million dollar house when he purchased one that will suit his purposes? Glenn Beck is a nut.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Why does the numbervof bathrooms have to equal the number of bedrooms?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:39 pm

His house isn't where Glenn Beck probably thinks it is (the crowded areas just around DC). He's out with some fresh air and elbow room. $2.5 million is plenty to pay for a fine piece of property out there.

At least Beck was right about one thing: RGIII is in control.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure RGIII is more famous than "Glenn" "Beck" at this point.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Glenn Beck!!!?????

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO :explode: :explode: ROTFALMAO
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 pm

I think of it as RG3 is a classy dude and is not gonna blow his money like 90% of the professional athletes. Someone is always gonna hate on someone they're jealous of. He doesn't have to have every bedroom with a bathroom. He can piss wherever he wants....because he's RG3.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm

rg3togarcon wrote:I think of it as RG3 is a classy dude and is not gonna blow his money like 90% of the professional athletes.

Now, I am no fan of Beck... but this was exactly the point Beck was making... this was completely tongue in cheek. The reality is, he was making fun of all those suddenly rich athletes who immediately blow all their cash on flash and Bentleys, in comparison with Griffin's discipline.

But... you know... context sucks.

If you want to discuss a jealous, washed-up, former worm-killer, OTOH...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

I listened to the show when he was talking about it. Beck was NOT hating on RG III. To be honest, he said he was very impressed by him. Said he was a role model. The crack about spending $2.5 mil and being on a toxic waste dump was about the real estate market in Northern Virginia. 3 acres and THAT home in Northern Virginia for ONLY $2.5 Mil?!? That was his point. Of course, people who don't listen, and only hear about it second hand, should be more careful about accusing someone of "hating".

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:I listened to the show when he was talking about it. Beck was NOT hating on RG III. To be honest, he said he was very impressed by him. Said he was a role model. The crack about spending $2.5 mil and being on a toxic waste dump was about the real estate market in Northern Virginia. 3 acres and THAT home in Northern Virginia for ONLY $2.5 Mil?!? That was his point. Of course, people who don't listen, and only hear about it second hand, should be more careful about accusing someone of "hating".

I listened to it. He was not heaping praise on him. If you click the link, there is even video. If you like Glenn Beck, cool. But, don't fall all over yourself defending it. It's not "hateful" and nobody should be offended. But, the point is, you're famous if Glenn Beck (the idiot political commentator) that he is, starts ragging you.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:I listened to the show when he was talking about it. Beck was NOT hating on RG III. To be honest, he said he was very impressed by him. Said he was a role model. The crack about spending $2.5 mil and being on a toxic waste dump was about the real estate market in Northern Virginia. 3 acres and THAT home in Northern Virginia for ONLY $2.5 Mil?!? That was his point. Of course, people who don't listen, and only hear about it second hand, should be more careful about accusing someone of "hating".

I listened to it. He was not heaping praise on him. If you click the link, there is even video. If you like Glenn Beck, cool. But, don't fall all over yourself defending it. It's not "hateful" and nobody should be offended. But, the point is, you're famous if Glenn Beck (the idiot political commentator) that he is, starts ragging you.

IF you listened to it, then you would have heard the comments made in jest. It's satire. He was in no way hazing RG III about the purchase. I'm not going to go much further out of my way to defend Beck. I've done this much so far to not let an inaccurate description stand. The representation of what was said (by the WAPO) was inaccurate at best -- at worst it was a deliberate fabrication. Even a great many commenters to that article called out Steinberg on it.

As far as the "idiot political commentator" comment, there are PLENTY who fit that description on the other side of the fence too. Leave it at that.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 am

You know he's famous when others use his name to garner attention for themselves.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 am

You know he's famous when ... we post replies to threads that begin with tongue-in-cheek quotes of Beck satirically not ragging on RGIII.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote: .... The representation of what was said (by the WAPO) was inaccurate at best -- at worst it was a deliberate fabrication. Even a great many commenters to that article called out Steinberg on it.

Thanks mate - there's little doubt that this rag would deliberately twist any information about the Redskins to suit their own agenda :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:27 am

Countertrey wrote:
If you want to discuss a jealous, washed-up, former worm-killer, OTOH...

Can we leave Donovan out of this :?: :!: :shock: :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football