3rd OTA

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

3rd OTA

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 am

Deangelo Peterson - TE - Redskins
Redskins TE Deangelo Peterson broke his right foot during Wednesday's OTA practice.
The 6-foot-4, 243-pound former LSU Tiger spent all of 2012 on the Redskins' practice squad. It's typically a four-to-six week recovery, so Peterson could be ready for training camp. We still might see him get waived/injured.
Source: Mike Jones on Twitter Jun 6 - 1:29 PM

Fred Davis - TE - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says Fred Davis (Achilles') will be held out of next week's minicamp.
Shanahan "doesn't want" Davis to practice and instead wants to "use caution" and hold the tight end out until training camp, even though he could play in a game if he had to next week. There's no reason for the Redskins to rush Davis, but it's clear he's on track to be on the field in July.
Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter Jun 6 - 1:25 PM

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins
Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) said Thursday he believes he'll be ready for the first day of training camp.
Griffin's rehab continues to progress flawlessly. He's doing planting/cutting and full-speed running. He's also throwing on the side with some of the Redskins' other rehabbing players, and hasn't felt any soreness despite four straight days of on-field work. The final test for Griffin will be running hard in one direction and then quickly cutting the opposite way. He's ahead of schedule so far.
Source: Mike Jones on Twitter Jun 6 - 12:57 PM

Leonard Hankerson - WR - Redskins
ESPN's Dan Graziano believes Leonard Hankerson is still behind Josh Morgan on the Redskins' depth chart.
Hankerson had plenty of chances last season thanks to Pierre Garcon's injury, but showed no separation skills en route to a disappointing 38/543/3 line. If he can't give the Redskins difference-making plays as a receiver, they'll go with Morgan as the far superior blocker.
Related: Josh Morgan
Source: ESPN.com Jun 6 - 11:38 AM

Roy Helu - RB - Redskins
Roy Helu (Achilles', toe) practiced Thursday for the first time this offseason.
Helu is coming off February surgery to repair the left toe injury that limited him to three games last season. If he makes the Redskins' final roster, it will be as a third-down back.
Source: Mike Jones on Twitter Jun 6 - 10:59 AM

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins
The Washington Examiner's John Keim suggests Robert Griffin III will cut his rushing attempts to 70 this season.
This assumes Griffin's reconstructed knee will be ready to go Week 1. Last year, he rushed 120 times for 815 yards with seven touchdowns, leading to a fifth-place fantasy finish among quarterbacks. Cutting those attempts by 40 percent would be a big blow to his bottom line. RG3 has repeatedly said he'll be more cautious when scrambling, and the Redskins plan to reduce his designed runs.
Source: Washington Examiner Jun 6 - 10:16 AM

Pierre Garcon - WR - Redskins
Pierre Garcon is planning to wear special shoes this season to help with the torn ligament in his right foot.
Garcon has opted against surgery because there's no guarantee that it will completely solve his injury. Therefore, he's looking toward pain management. "I have to learn a lot about my foot and how I run and things like that with all these injuries, but it's getting better," he said. If anywhere near 100 percent, Garcon has monster upside as an explosive "X" receiver in the Shanahan & Son offense. We'll get a better look at his progress in training camp.
Source: NFL.com Jun 6 - 9:26 AM

Chris Thompson - RB - Redskins
Redskins rookie RB Chris Thompson (torn ACL) is "more than a month away" from receiving full clearance, but is tentatively expected to be ready for training camp.
"It’s something I have to be patient with," Thompson said. "But I know my time will come." A pint-sized (5-foot-7, 192 pounds) scatback, Thompson will be in the mix for third-down duties as long as he's healthy come the preseason.
Source: Washington Post Jun 5 - 5:47 PM

Keenan Robinson - LB - Redskins
Redskins ILB Keenan Robinson (torn pectoral) expects to be cleared "in a week or so."
Robinson's rookie season was cut short on Thanksgiving last season. The fourth-round pick is expected to fill mainly a special teams role again in 2013, but he could be viewed as the heir apparent to London Fletcher.
Source: CSN Washington Jun 2 - 11:17 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Is this the last update we get until camp??
When is camp? Preseason is a month away, I feel deprived of valuable news from DC this summer!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Is this the last update we get until camp??
When is camp? Preseason is a month away, I feel deprived of valuable news from DC this summer!

It's been a bit slow but I think we've been a bit spoiled with the over saturation of RGKNEE.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I too was just noticing a total lack of news/updates/info

Thought it was just me
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:I too was just noticing a total lack of news/updates/info

Thought it was just me

Welcome to the site, sir... please check out our newbie thread

:wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:01 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
When is camp?

18 days, Five hours.

Preseason is a month away

Actually a month and a day away

I feel deprived of valuable news from DC this summer!

RGIII got married yesterday

HTTR
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 am

1niksder wrote:
I feel deprived of valuable news from DC this summer!

RGIII got married yesterday

HTTR

That's awesome for the young couple. Wedding seems lovely from the link. Do not read the comment section below.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:12 pm

this from Mike Freeman ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2262 ... n-redskins

I understand the concern about "the knee" but it will be more likely to NOT be an issue IMHO

I just don't see how we cannot improve on our pass defense from what we all saw - any improvement in this area will only be a big plus for our defense
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby yupchagee » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 pm

SkinsJock wrote:this from Mike Freeman ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2262 ... n-redskins

I understand the concern about "the knee" but it will be more likely to NOT be an issue IMHO

I just don't see how we cannot improve on our pass defense from what we all saw - any improvement in this area will only be a big plus for our defense

+1 We only have 1 way to go.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football