RGIII Cleared to Practice - No PUP

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't know what stinks more....a sewage drainage or some of the posts on here.....

If RG3 says he can play....Got dammit let him play....enough of this if it were up to me crap.

And plz stop saying he tore his ACL

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 pm

funsho2 wrote:I don't know what stinks more....a sewage drainage or some of the posts on here.....

If RG3 says he can play....Got dammit let him play....enough of this if it were up to me crap.

^^^ This post is dumb. In my Iverson voice, "we're talking about practice." Nobody says don't let him play in GAMES. He's going to practice, but the preseason games are essentially full contact practices with another team.

In PRACTICE you can't hit the QB. In preseason GAMES, you can. Those games don't count.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Is it just me or does RGiii look a little LL'ed this season?
By LL, of course I mean Laron Laundry
By that I mean jacked
By that I mean swollen
By that I mean bigger...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 am

The Hogster wrote:Remember, in Pre Season games, the starters play maybe 2-3 series the first game. 2 Quarters the second game. A Half the 3rd game. And none the fourth.

2/4 = 1/2 :oops:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:58 am

I agree with Hogster. While any player needs reps especially at QB. I do feel RG3 should have minimal contact before the season starts. Which is probably what is going to happen anyway. Most QBs wear the red jersey and dont get hit anyway even not coming off a major injury.

Adrian Peterson started the season off slow coming back from his injury. I dont think he started the first two games either which is really amazing considering he finished second all time in yards for a season.

So either way RG3 will get the reps he needs. I highly doubt he will receive any type of contact during the off season and pre season.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 am

funsho2 wrote:I don't know what stinks more....a sewage drainage or some of the posts on here.....

:shock: this post stinks too .... like many others from you :roll:

it was pretty clear to most of us that RG3 was badly injured - the operation went well and was able to also address/improve previous work in this area
the prognosis for a full recovery was great news ...

RG3, the medical guys and the training staff have done a great job and it looks like he'll be as good if not better than before - praise the Lord

RG3 and the coaches are moving forward with a plan on what is best for the franchise
RG3 will NOT be making the decisions about what he does or how much he does, to get ready - that decision will be made in line with best interest of all and by a number of people
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:12 am

Ok.

funsho2 wrote:If RG3 says he can play....Got dammit let him play....enough of this if it were up to me crap.

Oddly enough, that's the exact reason he injured his LCL and ACL.

See quoted posted above.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 am

The Hogster wrote:There is nothing to be gained by puttin RGIII out there in the preseason, except getting the fans excited to see him. He already has and will continue to develop chemistry with the guys we have.

I'm with you, man. Just saw on SportsCenter that "RGIII isn't a lock to play in the preseason" and all I could think was "I sure hope that is true!"

I noted the comments about RGIII needing reps, but honestly how many reps is he going to get in the preseason anyway? 50 plays? I'd say fully healed knee outweighs preseason game reps.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Is it just me or does RGiii look a little LL'ed this season?
By LL, of course I mean Laron Laundry
By that I mean jacked
By that I mean swollen
By that I mean bigger...

Wouldn't surprise me. Jacked up knee probably gave him plenty of time for upper body work!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:07 am

all that matters is that the Redskins' offense prepares and practices to beat the Eagles

there will be a plan to give RG3 and the offense (coaches & players) the time and preparation to be ready for that game

camp is about to begin and there are many things to get done to get ready for the defense of the NFC East title - RG3's knee is not going to be an issue ...

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am

We saw nothing of the real offense last preseason. So, that should tell us that he doesn't need to rep those things in the preseason to be good at them. However, what was run in the regular season he was already intimately familiar with. So, how will he fare debuting traits that aren't so familiar for him? If anyone can do it, he can do. Due to his preparation.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am

He needs as much work as he can get without endangering the recovery. While Griffin was working out and rehabbing 8 hours a day, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson were spending that same time hitting the books and practicing at full speed. There's no way around it: Griffin has lost time. He may have done everything in his power in the meantime to minimize the effects of that, but he won't get those months back.

Give him as many reps as possible. No need for irrational caution, provided he's got medical clearance.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:24 am

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
+1 - absolutely - RG3 does not need the reps - he'll be fine - let Cousins show his stuff - I doubt we're trading Cousins for a while though

Untrue. For Griff to become the dominant force that we know he can be, he absolutely needs the reps. Last season, much of the offense was designed to minimize his exposure to his RELATIVE weakness as a pocket passer. Training camp... and those reps... will be needed to turn that into a strength.

At some point, he will become a world class pocket passer... with the ability to run read option like nobody else.

He needs the reps... the team just needs to ensure that he does not get into unceccessary contact.

Is his ability as a pocket passer worse than our OL's ability to protect a pure pocket passer?

I'm with the Shanny's, had we tried to tun him into a pocket passer from jump, he wouldn't have made as far through the season as he did. Our OL is very suspect when it comes to pass pro, especially on pure passing downs.

I agree, that the offense they ran last year gave RGIII the best chance to stay healthy and all of the media idgits that want the Shannys to run a conventional "pro-style" offense are complete morrons.

First, because a straight up pro-style offense, out of conventional looks, would get Griffin killed behind this line.
Second, it would be ignoring (not using) Roberts obvious strenghts.
And finally, they ran most of Shanny's normal offense last year, they just did it out of the pistol and other option/college looking formations.

So they are running a pro-style offense out of a college look with enough of the Baylor offense that people think they are running a college or gimmick offense. At least the morrons think they are running a college offense.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:31 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Is his ability as a pocket passer worse than our OL's ability to protect a pure pocket passer?

I JUST finished posting this exact question in another forum.

The read-option was not only employed to counter the deficiencies in Roberts game but to mask the deficiencies of our pass blocking. We are in total agreement. Polumbus will not start this year.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:38 am

looks like the head games are already beginning ... :D

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ason-games

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football