Eagles' Jeremy Maclin injured?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ

Eagles' Jeremy Maclin injured?

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Re: Eagles' Jeremy Maclin injured?

Postby emoses14 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:not sure how bad this is yet ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ith-injury

Tore his acl. That really sucks for him and eagles fans.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:45 pm

emoses14 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ith-injury

Tore his acl. That really sucks for him and eagles fans.
I feel bad for Macklin, and for the team...

OTOH... Eagles fans? not so much...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 pm

The Eagles announced on Saturday that wide receiver Jeremy Maclin will miss the 2013 season after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee during practice on Saturday. Maclin was injured during the non-contact portion of a 7-on-7 drill and then carted off the field.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:57 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

The Eagles announced on Saturday that wide receiver Jeremy Maclin will miss the 2013 season after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee during practice on Saturday. Maclin was injured during the non-contact portion of a 7-on-7 drill and then carted off the field.

Well, at least he wasn't playing in a pre-season game. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:20 am

I feel bad for the guy. Seems to be a team-guy and a decent person. At the end of the day, this is a person dream and livelihood.

Hopefully he recovers completely and quickly.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:01 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I feel bad for the guy. Seems to be a team-guy and a decent person. At the end of the day, this is a person dream and livelihood.

I agree, though, he's probably made more money already in his short career, than many will make their entire lives. So I wouldn't really concern yourself as much about his livelihood.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

Am I the only one that did a tiger woods fist pump after reading "carted off the field"...?
Call me cold blooded, but the guy plays for the enemy, and is a threat... I have no problem minimizing the threats we have to face.
The man? Meh, he's got money and in today's medical science an ACL reconstruction isn't a big deal. Luckily he won't have to wait a year for some type of insurance to agree to pay for the MRI, another half year to get a second rate Dr to do the sx, and then have a hard time footing the bill when collections is after him two years down the road... I might be bitter but he will be just fine lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I feel bad for the guy. Seems to be a team-guy and a decent person. At the end of the day, this is a person dream and livelihood.

I agree, though, he's probably made more money already in his short career, than many will make their entire lives. So I wouldn't really concern yourself as much about his livelihood.

I don't think it matters if he's made more money than whomever, it's irrelevant to me.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I don't think it matters if he's made more money than whomever, it's irrelevant to me.

The point is, his livelihood is not in danger, as long as he's not stupid with his money.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:43 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Am I the only one that did a tiger woods fist pump after reading "carted off the field"...?
Call me cold blooded, but the guy plays for the enemy, and is a threat... I have no problem minimizing the threats we have to face.
The man? Meh, he's got money and in today's medical science an ACL reconstruction isn't a big deal. Luckily he won't have to wait a year for some type of insurance to agree to pay for the MRI, another half year to get a second rate Dr to do the sx, and then have a hard time footing the bill when collections is after him two years down the road... I might be bitter but he will be just fine lol
Nah. He doesn't seem to deserve it. Now, Cortland Finnegan or John Mara? Different story.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm

ACW wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Am I the only one that did a tiger woods fist pump after reading "carted off the field"...?
Nah. He doesn't seem to deserve it. Now, Cortland Finnegan or John Mara? Different story.

I'd host an oyster roast if it happened to Richard Sherman. :twisted:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Be a bit of a shame if Maclin could not play but not a big deal - happens all the time :twisted:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

The point is, his livelihood is not in danger, as long as he's not stupid with his money.

He's on the last year of his rookie contract (aka this is his "contract year"), so the BIG money will/would be in his next contract... but coming off this ACL injury the money might not be as big as he had been looking forward to.

At the same time, you can look at Fred Davis coming off a drug suspension at the end of the year of his "contract year" followed by a injury and I doubt he's complaining about his current pay scale.

ACW wrote:

+1

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
ACW wrote:

I'd host an oyster roast if it happened to Richard Sherman. :twisted:

We'd have to do something big if it happened to John Mara :evil:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 am

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

He's on the last year of his rookie contract (aka this is his "contract year"), so the BIG money will/would be in his next contract... but coming off this ACL injury the money might not be as big as he had been looking forward to.

Yes, but he was a first rounder in 2009, before the rookie wage scale, so he's still done pretty well already.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League