Time to predict the season 2013

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I think I'm in the same boat with CLL. 9-7 would be a disappointment but I think it's a realistic prediction on the lower side. I could see us sliding to 8-8 if we hit a streak of bad luck.

On the higher side, it's hard to say what the ceiling is. I was barely cognizant of the team the last time we went above 10-6 . . . I simply don't know what 11-5 or better feels like. But I'd like to find out!

+1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Deadskins wrote:'91 was a great season.

I have not seen a better team.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/promotion ... gameId=121
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:42 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:'91 was a great season.

I have not seen a better team.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/promotion ... gameId=121

ESPN aren't the only ones: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... commentary
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:42 pm

^^ Scariest team ever...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 am

Well most years I am an optimist. I remember predicting the records when we had bad teams. In fact that's all I remember. So this time around it feels a lil funny.

However I think this team is loaded. Whens the last time we had two rock solid starters at QB? Probably before my time. We dont have to depend on RG3 either. We could lean on Alfred for the majority of the season. Which is probably what will happen. While we dont have one superstar as a receiver I really think we have a solid core of WRs. We have big physical receivers and speedsters. Our TEs are looking really sweet. We have Davis and one of my favs Paulsen looks solid as a rock. The Oline is solid as well.

Now our defense is where the question marks are. But like always I like our potential. Rak and Kerrigan looked poised for a great year. Our linebackers led by Fletcher should be a solid bunch. Question marks in the secondary but I think Hall coming back will help a ton. We have plenty of young talent now so I am thinking they will be fine.

So there is no reason for me to think we wont have a great season.

1. W Vs Eagles @home hmmmm this one has me curious. We win this one in a nail biter. W 21-17 RG3 looks to shake of the rust. Alfred Morris has a nice outing. Rak and Kerrigan provide good pressure and Vick throws a costly interception in the fourth quarter. Chip Kelly unveils his version of the pistol.
2. L @ Packers 35-28 Aaron Rodgers looks to show why he was a SuperBowl MVP. RG3 has a great outing but just comes up a bit short. Rodgers carves up our young secondary. Matthews shows why he is one of the most feared pass rushers.

3. W Vs Lions 28-21
Our secondary struggles to cover Megatron. Luckily Kerrigan and Rak are providing good pressure. Lions defense struggles to contain RG3 and company. Fred Davis is MVP of the game. Alfred chips in 90 yds and two TDs.

4. W @ Raiders Blowout folks! 42-17
Count this as a bye week for the Skins. Nuff said. Nope no trap dont even say it. It is a blowout!

5. W @ Cowgirls 21-17
We squeak by the cowgirls in this one. When is it ever easy? Cowgirls look to avenge an embarrassing Thanksgiving game last year. However they come up short. Romo plays ok but they just dont have enough to get it done. Too much to overcome the circus that is Jerruhville. Its a failure season for Dallas once again. Jerruh fires Garrett at the end of the season!

6. W vs Bears 28-14
With an aging defense the Bears struggle to contain the high powered Skins offense. At this point Either RG3 or Kirk can lead this team to victory. We are starting to roll!

7. L @ Denver 35-31
In mile high stadium. Manning looks to show the young gun he can still get it done. RG3 looks to show up the old great one. Shootout in mile high. But skins just fall short to the legend that is Peyton Manning. Oh and the steroid user linebacker for Denver chips in three sacks.

8. W VS Chargers Blowout folks! RG3 lights up the chargers and sends them on a long flght home! Defense crushes them offense blows them out of the water. 56-14

9.W @ Vikings 21-17
Tough game. Skins struggle to contain Peterson. RG3 and Morris lead the way.

Weeks 10-17
Only one loss to San Francisco. Absolute slugfest but San Fran pulls off the victory with a late fumble interception leading to a field goal. 31-28

13-3 NFC1st seed

By now the Skins have the 3rd ranked defense overall. Our young Dbs are now amongst the best in the league. With the Old Vet Fletcher leading the D, Rak and Kerrigan have career years with 15 sacks each.

Skins offense ends up being ranked 3rd in the league as well.

SuperBowl 35-28 W Skins vs Broncos!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:09 pm

I would LOVE to face Denver in the Super Bowl. Eli would either have to watch a division rival or his brother win on his home field. Payback's a bitch Mara! :twisted:

Anyway, I could see anything from 4-14 to 14-2. The ones that worry me most are Denver (even w/o Miller or their center), SF, Atlanta, and GB. But you know, any given Sunday (or Monday, or in Week 9's case Thursday)...
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:17 pm

paulvs wrote:12-3-1

Who's the tie? :D

I say 11-5. Im hoping this years club can learn how to put the other team away. It gets old being up and blowing things in the 4th.
GO SKINS GO!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 am

Our defense is the big question mark this year, with the young secondary. I just hope we don't have to score over 30 points each week to compete.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:39 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Our defense is the big question mark this year, with the young secondary. I just hope we don't have to score over 30 points each week to compete.

The intended secondary this year won't be young, it'll only feature one rookie.

FS - Rambo (rookie)
SS - Meriweather
CB - Wilson
CB - Hall
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 am

I think EJ Biggers and Amerson will end up playing bigger roles in the secondary. Hall should be a full time starter every down. I think Wilson will eventually be replaced by Bigger or Amerson. Biggers actually played pretty good for a bad Tampa defense last year. Biggers is big and very fast. Biggers could turn out to be a real steal. We all are hoping Amerson turns out to be a stud like he was in college.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football